Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie & FEEBAY Victim :(

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the advice. I am currently in the process contacting as many of my old buyers from "over there" as possible. But as I'm not a professional seller I don't have email addresses & am having to use the contact buyer link. Not sure about promoting my listing to family & friends - promoting ebid, fine - but I'm not really looking at selling to them.

Forum Newbie
    View pugcentric's Feedback (+540)
    All-About pugcentric
    View pugcentric's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was reading the very good advice given on this thread and find I have a question about links.

Today, I imported my feedback and added the Repatoo badge to my "all about me" pages as suggested by the ebid instructions on importing feedback.

When I clicked on that badge, the Repatoo feedback detail page itself has active links to my listings from the sites I imported feedback from!

Is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by cailesm View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I am currently in the process contacting as many of my old buyers from "over there" as possible. But as I'm not a professional seller I don't have email addresses & am having to use the contact buyer link. Not sure about promoting my listing to family & friends - promoting ebid, fine - but I'm not really looking at selling to them.
    Make sure google search is carrying your items. Almost all new buyers come in this way. Also appeal to ebid members (add link to your stores in your forum chates), contact old feebay customers and tell them you moved, and then do personal marketing (flyers in feebay boxes, etc).

Just a word of caution, not a good thing to promote listings to family members. ebid sees that as shilling, i.e. family member bids on your items, and/or uses your computer to bid, etc. That is not allowed here. So no need to promote your listings to your family.

Hello everyone, I am what you would call a newbie, trying to find my way around in here, It took me almost half an hour to work out how to put a link into my items so it would take lookers to my other shop. I am a slow learner.
    I love the way you have your shop links in your messages, I guess I will learn about that as I go along. I have been a seller over yonder for years, joined here ages ago but have only just started listing. Rome wasnt built in a day as far as I am concerned. It will take me a while, I have read some of the forums and everyone seems so nice and friendly here, I think I may enjoy being here.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nonswimmingturtle View Post
    Hello everyone, I am what you would call a newbie, trying to find my way around in here, It took me almost half an hour to work out how to put a link into my items so it would take lookers to my other shop. I am a slow learner.
    I love the way you have your shop links in your messages, I guess I will learn about that as I go along. I have been a seller over yonder for years, joined here ages ago but have only just started listing. Rome wasnt built in a day as far as I am concerned. It will take me a while, I have read some of the forums and everyone seems so nice and friendly here, I think I may enjoy being here.
    Welcome to eBid Check out Astral's Knowledge Base for info on forum signatures (and everything else) http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....and_tricks.htm
    if you get stuck at anytime come back to the forums and there's sure to be someone to help you out.

Thanks olivia8143, I need all the help I can get I think, I am getting better I have a picture next to my posts, whats that? an avatar? worked that one out from Astral's Knowledge Base, so there is hope for me yet LOL

Forum Newbie
    View pugcentric's Feedback (+540)
    All-About pugcentric
    View pugcentric's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi nonswimmingturtle. Your avatar is cute! You can create a signature with links to your stores by the "edit signature" link - start with the "User CP" link at the top left of the menu on this page...

Forum Newbie
    Quarry Bank, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View usavillas's Feedback (+2)
    All-About usavillas
    View usavillas's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New on ebid.com

I have just put some items on ebid. I am a quilter and have been for many years and am trying to clear cupboards. Have put under fat quarters and one yard. Any advice would be appreciated please.
    I HAD been a member of ebay since 2002 (only selling one or two bits of outgrown clothing for the first few years) BUT put a LOAD of Fqs on when they had a "free listing weekend". TOO many and they said I was a business - which I assure you I am not. I only put them on for a few months in the year as we go away a lot. They didnt seem to understand that I have bought 6 yards of lots over the years and, therefore have hundreds of FQ's. Felt awful and was recommended ebid by one of the folk who bought off me on ebay.

It would be nice for folk to have an alternative to ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by usavillas View Post
    I have just put some items on ebid. I am a quilter and have been for many years and am trying to clear cupboards. Have put under fat quarters and one yard. Any advice would be appreciated please.
    I HAD been a member of ebay since 2002 (only selling one or two bits of outgrown clothing for the first few years) BUT put a LOAD of Fqs on when they had a "free listing weekend". TOO many and they said I was a business - which I assure you I am not. I only put them on for a few months in the year as we go away a lot. They didnt seem to understand that I have bought 6 yards of lots over the years and, therefore have hundreds of FQ's. Felt awful and was recommended ebid by one of the folk who bought off me on ebay.

It would be nice for folk to have an alternative to ebay!
    Welcome to ebid! I look a peek at your listings, very pretty fabric!

Might I suggest that you add a buy it now price too? That gets your items on google searches, our biggest source of new buyers. Also add ten automatic relists which helps google to see that you intend to leave your listings active for quite a while.

Always someone here to help you. We are a bunch of nightowls and we are world wide so someone is always here!!

Something is not working, I have been trying to do the signature thingy, I have followed the steps, have the links and picture where is suppose to go everything shows its fine, but when I click save, it doesn't show in my previous message so something is not working.
    the only thing I can see wrong is down in my setting it says - Allow HTML No
    but I had previously gone in and changed this so I could get the box to open for the codes, so what do I do now?

Thread Information