eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie & FEEBAY Victim :(

Unhappy Newbie & FEEBAY Victim :(

Hi there
    i am also newbie and a victim of FEEBAY!( i see there are a few round here)
    i sell card making and scrapbooking supplies mostly for £1 hence the name. most of my things are handmade by me and my 2 daughters, we were selling(or trying to!) on ebay to make a living but have been pushed out by the mounting fees and unrealistic selling rules so here we are and hopefully this is the best move we,ve made in a while. so all i want to say is a huge hello to everyone here and please just take a peek at my stuff just to give me heart to list them after my devastating time on Ebay

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid

You have some great items. Here is my take on your listings before you proceed further:

On your Me Page, write something about your online selling experiences (even over there) in a positive note ie years of experience, your feedback, guarantee and returns, payment options, shipping options, a little about yourself etc - whatever you like, just so that we get an idea of who we are dealing with, don't come across as a victim (100's of us have successfully moved over here from there - been there, done that, got over it etc). Buyers don't like to see negativity.

Use gallery auctions so that a thumbnail is viewable for buyers who are browsing. I personally tend to move on if thumbnails are not available. It only costs 2% FVF when your item sells.

Dump the ebay story from your auctions, buyers don't really care when viewing listings, they are only interested in item price/description/image. The negative starter paragraph kinda puts me off.

Start your bidding price at the lowest amount you are comfortable accepting as there are rarely any bidding wars on eBid.

Your images are excellent, nice and big and clear.

Your descriptions are very good.

Hope this helps you.

x

Thanks for the tips(any others are appreciated!) i will implement them in the morning(it's a little late and i'm off to bed)
    how did yu get your image in your description?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craft4aquid View Post
    Thanks for the tips(any others are appreciated!) i will implement them in the morning(it's a little late and i'm off to bed)
    Your welcome, just holler if you need more help. Someone is always around to help out.

I use html coding for my template descriptions.

x

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agrees with all Jan said

Welcome to eBid
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I forgot to add that you will also need a BIN price if you want your listings to be picked up automatically from Google.

x

hi, welcome to ebid, especially the crafting section. if you are still active on feebay, why not add a flyer to everything you sell to direct customers to you at ebid?...it works for us. you will find ebid sellers very friendly and helpful, we wish you success.

Thanks for all the tips guys! how much stuff do you usually sell in a week,i mean is there enough people around to bid?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I moved here finally about 10 days ago, and mass-imported my listings from ebay using ninjalister (because I am lazy ) I have had one quite big (for me) sale, and two more going through now. It IS slower than ebay, but I am living in great hopes that things will pick up.

I think its obvious as well that sales will pick up for people as feedback on the site (not imported feedback, but new feedback) builds up.

As I have sent off my last few Evilbay things, I have popped in flyers that in the main I have moved over here with my auctions... especially as I had several regular buyers on Ebay. The regulars I havent been able to get a flyer to with an item will be emailed via my paypal email list, just to say "hi, thanks, and by the way I am now on Ebid at.....".

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all the tips guys! how much stuff do you usually sell in a week,i mean is there enough people around to bid?

Your Me Page is 100% better than before. Very informative and friendly, I actually read every single word
    Although, the text could be a little bigger and not in italics, much easier for my old eyes to read then

Thank goodness you got rid of the 'sob story' paragraph on your listings, much much better now IMHO

Try to include BIN's with your starting bid prices as well on all your listings. To get onto the Google shopping engine you will need BIN's and that is where a lot of new customers come from.

All in all, you don't sound like a victim any more, but rather, a much more professional, confident seller.

x

Thread Information