eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does ebid do for advertising?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, OP, email Nestles and ask them what they spend on advertising !

Just be grateful that you can list on here for a very low cost.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 10th April 2010 at 01:50 AM.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes, OP, email Nestles and ask them what they spend on advertising !

Just be grateful that you can list on her for a very low cost.
    Nestles spent 2.8bn [euro] into advertising in 2001

Expect our fees would have to increase slightly to match that
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
    I meant: to place a link to ebid. Probably I would do my listings too, but a banner ad or a permanent one tha tpeople would always see when they look up the facebook page is what I am referring to.
    Yep, add it to your profile - there's a place in your contact section for web sites. If you look at my profile the bottom one in my list goes to my eBid All About Me. http://www.facebook.com/bykimbo?ref=profile

And don't forget the chief source of buyers, google searches. Ebid continually downloads our listings to google, both to attract new buyers to our stuff and to ebid. What is the total now, 3.2 million? That is 3.2 million ads in cyperspace in addition to other ads that ebid takes out.

No we don't have billboards by the freeway or dancing bears on tv commercials advertising ebid. Quite expensive and is rather hit and miss for attracting buyers.

Carolina Shores, North Carolina, United States
    View hanoki's Feedback (+244)
    All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was not expecting an answer from everyone and if it put you off I am sorry. I realize that Ebid is a great place to sell or I wouldn't have put my inventory here. I was directing the question to management. I was hoping that they would respond because I have also watched Ebid grow but I have yet to see any evidence of their ads in the US other than what we have done to promote it ourselves. That was the reason for the question.
    Last edited by hanoki; 12th April 2010 at 04:03 PM.

SAVE MONEY

Discounted Perfumes and Colognes

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Hanokis-Place

Quote Originally Posted by hanoki View Post
    I was not expecting an answer from everyone and if it put you off I am sorry. I realize that Ebid is a great place to sell or I wouldn't have put my inventory here. I was directing the question to management. I was hoping that they would respond because I have also watched Ebid grow but I have yet to see any evidence of their ads in the US other than what we have done to promote it ourselves. That was the reason for the question.
    You didn't put me off. I was just trying to give suggestions how you can promote your ebid items. One thing I left out---I also list one item per day on my facebook account. I figure that way I'm not bothering people too much with ads, but it also lets friends of friends know about ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by hanoki View Post
    Lots of ways to answer, and no, you are not putting me off. Takes a lot to do that. This is the place to discuss anything.

I think we always use feebay as a reference for what to do "right". They have tv ads, so should ebid. But feebay's 15 year reputation as a fun place, really is what brings in buyers/sellers, NOT the ads. Ads are frosting on the cupcake that is very expensive. So I think ebid was smart to take unconventional approach to advertising, by going into partnership with google, instead. i.e. Our sales are increasing from the 3+ million listings on google every day.

ebid also advertises via click ads that are positioned all around the web where experienced people are shopping. Far more effective than tv ads which often draw in those who never used auction sites before (that is a big problem at feebay around holidays).

And after ten years of hard work, becoming the #1 alternative auction site, brings in even more people, especially sellers who go to various sites that compare alternate auction sites and ebid is on top. As the number of listings increases, that attracts more buyers/sellers who know that volume means more sales and better selection.

Lastly, another untapped source is our old customers. We know they are good buyers. ebid helps us contact them by sending invites for us, issuing buddy points and having sales. That is working too.

Last source of customers is our own efforts. Some sellers need to work at this if they sell unusual things like machinery. And I have gotten good buyers w/ mailings, etc too. But it is NOT the sole source of ebid's advertising. Some new sellers assume so, and that is a silly assumption. Sure it helps, but probably the 3.2 million daily google downloads help a bit more getting the word out.

So I think based upon having worked in large/small companies, in sales/advertising etc, for over 40 years, that advertising/publicity takes many forms. And take time to catch on too. I am satisfied with ebid's efforts so far, the downloads, etc. because its working. What were the March sales? up 98% in UK, up 195% in US!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    What were the March sales? up 98% in UK, up 195% in US!!
    Interesting, where did you find those figures?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Interesting, where did you find those figures?
    March newsletter.

Hi and welcome to our March Newsletter. Another month has flown by, they just seem to get busier and go faster, or is that just me getting older? Anyway, another great month for eBid, we're proud to announce that we are just completing our most successful month ever.
    Sales for March as I type are already over 92% higher in the UK than 6 months ago and in our other most popular market, the US, sales are over 198% higher and the month's not even finished.

Thread Information