Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Stock count wrong... affecting shop position

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Stock count wrong... affecting shop position

Hi... I have 296 auctions in my shop (The Pagan Shop), but it keeps reverting to saying I have just 6. This really affects my shops position in the Spirituality and Metaphysical section, knocking my shop down from number 4 or 5 on page 1, down to the last page. I have worked hard on getting on as many listings as I can, and have worked hard for my position on page 1.
    Is this something that can be fixed (soon) please?
    Thank you

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?cat...store-category

I see your store in the second position with 296 items listed.

Remember that there can be a delay of up to 12 hours in updating some parts of the site when you change how many auctions are running.

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

Thanks. It does seem to have resolved itself at the moment. I didn't go from 6 to 296 though .... it was gradual. What happened was that I clicked on Shops>Spirituality and Metaphysical and I was there with 260 auctions on the first page. I added a few more items, checked again and I was down near the bottom with just 6 auctions registering. If it had still been registering 260 I wouldn't have worried about it.
    Anyway, thank you for your response. It is appreciated. It is nice to know that people read posts here and help if they can :-)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've seen a flurry of messages similar to this recently. I don't know if something's changed in how the counting happens, or if it's just that people have started noticing it, but it does seem that making changes, adding items etc to one's store damages the item count. It's not a problem that new items take a while to be added on, but there's no way that trashing the existing count is acceptable. If anybody notices it happening to them, and they can recall the steps they've taken to produce this effect, I'd suggest dropping a line to support - I think it needs looking at.

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

I will take careful note when I add some new items. It is maddening to work hard and still end up at the bottom with people who have only a few items.
    I do click on the category I am interested in, and then have a look through the top listed shops first, so other people must do that too. I can't run a business if my shop keeps disappearing. My business was doing well elsewhere, but I prefer ebid and I am working my socks off to try and make it viable on here.
    I will persevere

Forum Newbie
    New Kensington, Pennsylvania, United States
    View piasrotty's Feedback (+30)
    All-About piasrotty
    View piasrotty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am having the same problem...came here for answers. Log House Replacement Tableware showing 17 auctions, and I have been steadily adding listings to get my shop nearer the front of the line. When you go to my shop, you see 96 auctions....but scrolling through stores, it still shows 17 to the right of the page, so I'm near the end. I'm trying to move everything over from the BIG site.

Quote Originally Posted by piasrotty View Post
    I am having the same problem...came here for answers. Log House Replacement Tableware showing 17 auctions, and I have been steadily adding listings to get my shop nearer the front of the line. When you go to my shop, you see 96 auctions....but scrolling through stores, it still shows 17 to the right of the page, so I'm near the end. I'm trying to move everything over from the BIG site.
    I peeked and it is just like you say. Says 17 on your about me page, when I click store it shows lots more. It is like the about me page is stuck or not reloading or something.

Just as a check, I clicked on one of the closing auctions on left, and there was also a difference between the two in it. But only 2 items. About me was +2, store was -2.

Forum Newbie
    New Kensington, Pennsylvania, United States
    View piasrotty's Feedback (+30)
    All-About piasrotty
    View piasrotty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Something happened since my last post. Now my About Me Page is showing 96 listings instead of 17. I'm going to add more, so we'll see if it changes! I do like this site!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Store counters are currently updated twice a day. We will be increasing this regularity as it seems it is causing some confusion.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Store counters are currently updated twice a day. We will be increasing this regularity as it seems it is causing some confusion.

Gazza
    There seem to be situations where the store count is dropping when changes are made, and then only comes back when the next count is done. A count only being increased to show new listings at the next count wouldn't be a problem if the original count remained, but that's not what people are saying is happening. There've been quite a few posts about it that I've seen lately.

Thread Information