eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid on Moneysavingexpert

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid on Moneysavingexpert

I've just found this on Martin Lewis' Moneysavingexpert.com (it's actually in a guide to selling on feebay!)

Other Auction Sites
    While eBay is massively dominant, cqou* and eBid are sizeable auctions. Their advantage is they charge sellers less than eBay, which means some prefer it. On the downside, your auctions are likely to get less exposure than they would on eBay, so could get fewer bids.
    Comparing charges is tricky, because all auction sites have different fee structures. With eBid and cqout, there’s no initial listing fee; they only charge you once your item sells. Therefore, it’s well worth putting a few items up, with a high start price – you never know!
    If the item does sell, eBid charges a flat 3% of the items final sale price. Cqout is more expensive: it charges up to 4.5% on items up to £50 (then 4% on the remaining £50 to £200, then 3% on the remaining £200 to £1000)
    All of these compare favourably with eBay’s closing fees of up to 7.5%, plus listing fees.

The fees you would pay on a TV sold for £100

Marketplace Listing fee (1) Closing fee Total fees
    FeeBay £1 £10 £11
    Cqou* £0 £4.25 £4.25
    eBid £0 £3 £3

(1) Assumes item is listed with a starting price of £50.

Sorry it's a bit messy the format went all to pot but you can find it yourself at the above website

3% of £50 is not £3 it's £1.50

Oh boy, a mistake, good excuse for us to go to the website and discuss the details!

since when are eBay's fees 7.5%? -- I think this guy is looking at info from 1999, lol.. 7.5% would be a good deal!
    -- or is that their UK fees? - if so, that seems unfair
    Last edited by DealDepot; 1st April 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DealDepot View Post
    since when are eBay's fees 7.5%? -- I think this guy is looking at info from 1999, lol.. 7.5% would be a good deal!
    -- or is that their UK fees? - if so, that seems unfair
    UK fees vary from 10% max down to 5.25% I think depending on category

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you'll find that this thread is talking about Val4xx's thread on MSE and it was started in 2007. Some of us use that MSE thread quite often, there's a lot on that site about eBid.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Forum Lurker
    View bitsofstuff's Feedback (+5)
    All-About bitsofstuff
    View bitsofstuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

The more times you can mention Ebid on MSE the better - MSE is one one the boggest links back to my website, I am amazed sometimes at how many hits i get from there and i don'[t even chat on there any more.

So if one of you has a bargain on here to be had - get someone else to go and mention it - very cheeky but as i don't know any small businessses that don't trawl the forums leaving links when they can.... The more times Ebid is mentioned the better and if anyone can leave links back to certain items then thats great - yopu just have to post other posts in other areas too so you don't get sussed.

I have a few items that money savers love when its all listed my stuff is great for a link back

Thread Information