eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Prices

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Low Prices

Hi, I have only recently set up a couple of shops on here, and I have hundreds of 45rpm singles I was considering listing at some point. The one thing I have noticed while browsing is the price of some of the vinyl for sale, some as low as 10p ......
    Unless you live right next door to the Post Office, surely it isn't worth the walk for 10p (or 25 or 50p for that matter) It would cost more than that for wear and tear on your shoes, not to mention the time it takes to list the item!
    Do you guys actually make anything selling vinyl? I would hate to spend days and days overpricing all mine and not sell any at all

It really depends on what you are selling. The price of second hand vinyl has dropped considerably in the last 6 months, unless it is someting rare & hard to find, then the prices are rising.

I have a few bits listed at low prices, they usually sell in bulk lots, very rarely one at once.

As more vinyl sellers arrive the competion gets harder, but it also attracts more buyers. So I would say list some of your better stuff and mix in a few bargains, the more you list the better chance of selling.

Cheers Mel (Booksntings)

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell some of my vinyl cheap - just to try to get it out of my way, but them some of it is right at the other end of the scale - But of course you need the right people to come along, who know what it is you are selling.

I'm sure if your records are sought after, then they will sell.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to say though.....I've bought more than I've sold.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the input ... it will take me forever just to grade them! I will get some of the better stuff on first. I have some Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran and stuff like that. I will see how they go.
    I know the price of vinyl is down. I used to sell ages ago through the Record Collector mag but dealt mainly in rock 'n' roll 78's back then.
    Well, it will cost me nothing but time to get some some sorted out shortly

Good luck, the more vinyl sellers the better, as a child of the sixties vinyl is a big part of my life, both buying & selling. And of course listening

I sell at various prices from just 2p (yes really) to £20+ have sold some higher than that.

The ones I sell at silly prices of 2p upto 25p is simply to get rid of them. After all I have played / tested them and only do a "price check" when it comes to listing them. Yes if someone buys just 1 record at 2p and pays via paypal I will not make anything, but I will not be making a loss as big as I would if it got chucked away. However people do tend to add lower priced vinyls to an order if they like a track

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

But does your packaging not cost anything, or your trip to the Post Office, or paypal? I see you charge 87p postage ... I haven't weighed any of mine for postage yet. Does 87p cover it? That would be good for keeping down the overall price

Quote Originally Posted by poppyrowan View Post
    But does your packaging not cost anything, or your trip to the Post Office, or paypal? I see you charge 87p postage ... I haven't weighed any of mine for postage yet. Does 87p cover it? That would be good for keeping down the overall price
    87p does cover it soon to go up to 91p

I have a paypal micro account which is 5p + 5%.

So if some one buys a single item at 2p, fvf is 1p as I always use gallery, that leaves 1p+87 = 88p

Paypal take 9p, stamp cost is 47p thats 32p left for packing. I normally have several sales a day and simply take parcels in 1 go each day.Yes I might just break even on a single sale of 2p (but thats never happened yet) but it's better than making a loss on the item by binning it.

I wont go into detail about the costings of my items, but the ones that are for sale cheap are not making a loss.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm finding hard to even give the stuff away at the moment I just want rid of all my vinyl if it hasn't sold by the time car boots start round here then that is where it will be going and if I cant get rid of there it will be thrown away apart from a few that I will keep for myself this includes all of my cds as well.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Thread Information