My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: White text lost in listings...

Default White text lost in listings...

Somehow all of my titles in my listings are in white text and cannot be seen. I have tried to fix them with all of the editors and to no avail, I have not been able to change them.

Take a look and let me know if it is on my side only. Any help is much appreciated!

I can see them as they are in a very very pale grey colour. Have you emailed support at support@eBid.net
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thanks for taking a look, Craig. I have not contacted support yet. I'd like to see if I can fix it first.

The only other think I can think of is did you copy the title from another source where the background was a dark colour? It may be the case of deleting the text in the title and re-entering it again see if that works
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're trying to use a complicated stylesheet created for somewhere else, and it's messing up the whole page, by interfering with ebid's own styles (CSS). I suspect what you're using was made for an ecommerce website rather than being an auction template. You need to strip it back.

It's an auction creator software which can be integrated into different realms. In this instance, I just used the html editor and copied/pasted it into eBid. The rest of the listing looks fine. I tried to change the color of the title which has white text on the black background and it still doesn't change.

I'll post up to support and see what they can find. If anything, I'll just deal with it.

Thanks for the help thus far!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does the creator claim it's compatible with ebid, because it honestly doesn't look it to me. I suspect ebid will advise you to strip most of it out - but let us know how you get on!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You're trying to use a complicated stylesheet created for somewhere else, and it's messing up the whole page, by interfering with ebid's own styles (CSS). I suspect what you're using was made for an ecommerce website rather than being an auction template. You need to strip it back.
    Exactly correct. Interfering with eBid's coding can mess up the entire page which is what has happened in this case.

x

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

A consequence of careless use of CSS when you integrate your own code with someone elses. CSS - Cascading Style Sheet means just that - they cascade down. So if a later declared style sheet redefines an element defined earlier then the later definition take priority.

As an example from your listing...

eBid defines a div #header at the top of their page. You then define a div #header in your code. so your definition overrules eBid's and corrupts the page.

Hopefully such action will not induce eBid to ban users the use of CSS in their listings.

The easiest fix for your code (as there seems to be several conflict issues) would be to add a unique identifier to each of your classes/styles. E.g. change all occurrences of #header to #fatheader

Do the same for all your classes/styles. This would remove the conflicts and also save you having to figure out which ones were causing the problems.

Thread Information