My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: problems with shipping calculator

Gazza, Well it's now September and this problem has still not been fixed. Any idea when it may be fixed?

Default shipping calculator

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the shipping calculator? I am making some new listings and it doesn't matter which method of shipping or what weight it comes up with the same cost.

If I leave the weight will the shipping cost get corrected if it is a glitch?
    Yes it has happened to me twice now- I have now taken my listings off until I am convinced it has been rectified. I am not going to give money away! I may ask for my membership back and close my account.

My problem exists at check out. It clearly states the shipping costs but doesn't include it on the invoice, therefore buyer only pays cost of the item. It has happened twice now.

Quote Originally Posted by summersunshine View Post
    My problem exists at check out. It clearly states the shipping costs but doesn't include it on the invoice, therefore buyer only pays cost of the item. It has happened twice now.
    The U.S. ebid site has a shipping calculator. I don't think the U.K. site has one. This forum is about the U.S. shipping calculator which does not know how to calculate properly when a package goes over the U.S. dimensional size for standard package.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We'll be having another dig at this shortly

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Gazza
    That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Gazza
    Have you started 'digging' yet? Thanks.

Gazza, This still has not been fixed. Any timeframe for fixing? More U.S. sellers are joining and this is a big problem.

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/test-lis...r-28567812.htm

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/test-lis...r-28563555.htm

I am new to Ebid and thoroughly confused with the shipping information. I'm trying to get auction items listed and basically have came to a stand still with the shipping section. I only paid for a trial period, so I haven't invested a lot of $ in Ebid, just a lot of my time in preparing listings. I am considering just offering UPS shipping and do my best to guess at a shipping price and include it in the listing. I have some heavy/bulky items (cookware sets, etc.) and really don't want to lose $. Do you think this is a viable solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Everlybay View Post
    I am new to Ebid and thoroughly confused with the shipping information. I'm trying to get auction items listed and basically have came to a stand still with the shipping section. I only paid for a trial period, so I haven't invested a lot of $ in Ebid, just a lot of my time in preparing listings. I am considering just offering UPS shipping and do my best to guess at a shipping price and include it in the listing. I have some heavy/bulky items (cookware sets, etc.) and really don't want to lose $. Do you think this is a viable solution?
    I have found that if a package is over 10 lbs, UPS seems to be the cheapest shipping method...or it was the last time I compared prices.

If you are going to use the U.S. shipping calculator on ebid, it will work fine IF you don't have a package that goes over 12"x12"x12". If it gets into the dimensional rate [over a cube...12"x12"x12"] first make sure it is considered a large package or whatever via the USPS site, then only choose priority or parcel and the package size on ebid's shipping calculator...don't choose to offer both...or as my mock auctions show the price will not come up correctly. I think the problem with ebid's U.S. shipping calculator is that there is no way to enter measurements [ie. length, width, height] so it does not pick up the dimensional size at the USPS site and does not calculate it into the price.

As for listing on ebid, use the HTV's [link below my signature or click help at top of any page] to get to them. They are wonderful videos to help you get your store set up and various other things.

Welcome to ebid.
    Last edited by florida33549; 11th November 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Thread Information