Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: problems with shipping calculator

Forum Newbie
    View DesignsByGinger's Feedback (+174)
    All-About DesignsByGinger
    View DesignsByGinger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    The problem is with the results USPS are sending us back when we request the price. They are sending back a price that doesnt reflect the price they show on their own website.

We've contacted them about this.

Gazza
    Have you gotten any more information about the shipping rates with USPS and are UPS rates correct?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    The problem is with the results USPS are sending us back when we request the price. They are sending back a price that doesnt reflect the price they show on their own website.

We've contacted them about this.

Gazza
    Gazza, Have you heard back from the USPS?

Forum Newbie
    All-About tactician
    View tactician's Listings
    Forum Posts

perhaps this explains my recent server error in my bulk uploaded listings they all passed the check and started succesfully, but when you enter a zip code they all come back as server error and show $0.00 for shipping, i do hope no one can use buy it now aand get free shipping, here is an example of one item:

i offer parcel post, priority mail flate rate medium box, and fed-ex home delivery, on all the bulk listings i just uploaded i get a server error, looking at the editor all the settings are correct, however on one of my old auctions with flat rate shipping i changed it to calculated using the same 3 choices and then updated the listing and the calculator will give back all 3 results correctly, just not correct on all the ones i bulk uploaded, here is the calculated shipping fireld from the spreadsheet im 99.9% sure it is correct or it shoulden't have passed the check

?2*5.0.0*d*12x12x12:16:05{nm}:31{p=g}

Quote Originally Posted by tactician View Post
    perhaps this explains my recent server error in my bulk uploaded listings they all passed the check and started succesfully, but when you enter a zip code they all come back as server error and show $0.00 for shipping, i do hope no one can use buy it now aand get free shipping, here is an example of one item:

i offer parcel post, priority mail flate rate medium box, and fed-ex home delivery, on all the bulk listings i just uploaded i get a server error, looking at the editor all the settings are correct, however on one of my old auctions with flat rate shipping i changed it to calculated using the same 3 choices and then updated the listing and the calculator will give back all 3 results correctly, just not correct on all the ones i bulk uploaded, here is the calculated shipping fireld from the spreadsheet im 99.9% sure it is correct or it shoulden't have passed the check

?2*5.0.0*d*12x12x12:16:05{nm}:31{p=g}
    I have not used the bulk uploader so not sure how to help.

The US shipping calculator is correct IF the package does not exceed 12 x 12 x 12. If the package is over those dimensions, only offer one shipping option because the shipping calculator will not calculate one of the options correctly [see my example auctions at beginning of post]. Hope this helps.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tactician
    View tactician's Listings
    Forum Posts

sent a message to support and they fixed it, whatever the problem was, you can now use fed-ex, flat rate, and parcel post with all calculated shipping

Quote Originally Posted by tactician View Post
    sent a message to support and they fixed it, whatever the problem was, you can now use fed-ex, flat rate, and parcel post with all calculated shipping
    Yes, you can IF package is under 12x12x12.

I started 2 mock auctions for support to check on the shipping calculator for a package that is over 12x12x12 which brings the dimensional rates into effect.

First listing: http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/test-lis...z-26458243.htm

Second listing: http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/test-lis...2-26476067.htm

If I use large package, the priority is correct but parcel is not [1st test listing].

If I use regular package, the parcel is correct but priority is not [2nd test listing].

Thus I have found if I only offer one shipping method for packages that are over 12x12x12, the shipping calculator calculates correctly. But with two shipping options like priority & parcel, it does not.

I am still waiting to hear back from support regarding this matter.

Gazza, Have you heard back from the USPS yet? Shipping calculator is still not correct if package is over 12x12x12 and you offer priority and parcel option. My 2 'mock' auctions are still running so you can see the problem. Thanks.

Gazza, Do you have any idea when this might be fixed?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afraid we are at the mercy of the USPS programmers. We are feeding them the correct data and they are giving us back incorrect prices. They have been notified. We will nudge them again soon if nothing is heard back.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information