Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~ DRIVING TRAFFICE TO eBid.net ~

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robinscornernest View Post
    Yes you can advertise on craigs list. It can be a low key as simple listing of one of your items with a tag to your store or stores to an all out store banner with a listing.
    Not sure how to do that yet but is done. Robin Also a newbe from Feebay :=)
    Thank you and welcome

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Robin
    Welcome to ebid.
    Hope you do well.
    More and more people seem to be coming over.
    I had a quick look at your about me page.

I don't like reading all caps (and many other people don't either), so you may wish to think about converting it to upper and lower case.

Caps is for making certain words stand out.

(just my two cents worth) (see what others say)

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Julie has a good point,all capitals looks a bit odd.A small point but like Tesco says "every little helps".

Cool Advertise your items on craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by efreestyle View Post
    Good day all,

I am new here, one of the ebay sellers. I too have been quite upset with their fee structure. I found this site as an alternative to ebay so I will make it my business to help in anway I can.

It would be nice to here opinions on how to drive traffic or "eye balls" to ebid.net

Let me suggest the following.

ebid.net should :

1. Open a twitter account for news releases.

2. sellers should have ebid.net on their email signatures that will point to their store.

3. Market the "dot NET".. Have a GREEN Circle around the NET. Why Green? Green means go > safe to move > safe to move forward etc.

4. Put small ads on local news papers.

5. Sellers should use word of mouth and suggest the site.

6. email current customers and ask for referals.

7. place banner ads on the net in high traffic areas.

8. Recommend ebid.net to all family and friends. Word of mouth is so much stronger.

9. Take out a superbowl ad next year. That put godaddy on the map the first year. ( yes use a hot attractive lady as well) .

10. enjoy
    1) List your items on Craigslist with a link to your Ebid store
    2) If you still sell on Fee Bay. Leave a note in the package telling your buyers about Ebid and Google shopping.
    3) If you have low feedback count here on Ebid. Sell a few items without profit to gererate some sales and develope some feedback.
    4) ***Always use a buynow price or your items **WILL NOT** show up in google shopping searches
    5) Be sure to have your about me page filled out about what you sell and about yourself.
    6) Tell friends and family co workers about Ebid.
    7) If you sell on Fee Bay and Ebid. **MAKE SURE** your prices are less the ammonut you would be charged on Fee Bay. Say about 10%-12%
    8) Explain in your listings or about me page or both that you can always offer a lower price on Ebid versus FeeBay by 10% or more because your not having to pay the crazy fee charges that is past onto the you the buyer!
    9) Offer very low shipping charges because we can absorb it without paying the fees of the sale price like on FeeBay.
    10) List List and **LIST AWAY**! At your absolute **LOWEST PRICES** you could accept. The more product for sale the more traffic= more sellers=more buyers. Snowball momentum. Ebid becomes recognized and becomes the size of Fee Bay possibly within a few years. Without the FEES!

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

I think the bottom one on your post (List away) is the most important of the lot.Without variety and lots of it there is no real reason to look round or recommend.

Default Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by robinscornernest View Post
    Yes you can advertise on craigs list. It can be a low key as simple listing of one of your items with a tag to your store or stores to an all out store banner with a listing.
    Not sure how to do that yet but is done. Robin Also a newbe from Feebay :=)
    What I have done at Craig’s List is attached links to my online stores in all my listings. I am also working on a Craig’s List Small Business Ad but you are limited to one location and if you attempt a duplicate listing for another area they block it because they consider the listing spamming and/or phising.

I have made up little stick on labels promoting eBid and every piece of mail I send gets a few stick on labels attached. All the eMail (I have numerous accounts) I send out have my online links attached to my signature.

Just some of the things I am doing on my end!

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

there so many fantastic ideas on here.. I'm going to go put some of them to use.... like someone mentioned.. forgive me, it's 1:30am here in UK ... anyway... I forgot to put ebid in my signature emails & will go add it to my website.... I must admit I love ebid.. thanks for the great ideas guys

I have just added a forum signature and I have noticed an increase in 'lookers' which is a good start. I will also use it on all emails that I send, with a link back to eBid, to help promote eBid.

Tricia
    Last edited by asktricia; 7th August 2010 at 08:42 AM.

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

Forum Diehard
    All-About baconsdozen
    Forum Posts

Try other forums as well,those discussing auctions are a good start.Even googling the type of stuff you sell and finding where its being talked about and adding comments helps.

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid needs some advertising in the media (tv, radio, etc)

Thread Information