Thread: ~ DRIVING TRAFFICE TO eBid.net ~

Forum Newbie
    View efreestyle's Feedback (+148)
    All-About efreestyle
    View efreestyle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb ~ DRIVING TRAFFICE TO eBid.net ~

Good day all,

I am new here, one of the ebay sellers. I too have been quite upset with their fee structure. I found this site as an alternative to ebay so I will make it my business to help in anway I can.

It would be nice to here opinions on how to drive traffic or "eye balls" to ebid.net

Let me suggest the following.

ebid.net should :

1. Open a twitter account for news releases.

2. sellers should have ebid.net on their email signatures that will point to their store.

3. Market the "dot NET".. Have a GREEN Circle around the NET. Why Green? Green means go > safe to move > safe to move forward etc.

4. Put small ads on local news papers.

5. Sellers should use word of mouth and suggest the site.

6. email current customers and ask for referals.

7. place banner ads on the net in high traffic areas.

8. Recommend ebid.net to all family and friends. Word of mouth is so much stronger.

9. Take out a superbowl ad next year. That put godaddy on the map the first year. ( yes use a hot attractive lady as well) .

10. enjoy

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would add this...
    Place a link to your ebid store on your signature for posts on forums and web sites.
    If you can join forums tghat are relevant to the items you are selling you attract people interested in them.I have sold quite a few items to first time users of ebid this way.Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by efreestyle View Post
    Good day all,

I am new here, one of the ebay sellers. I too have been quite upset with their fee structure. I found this site as an alternative to ebay so I will make it my business to help in anway I can.

It would be nice to here opinions on how to drive traffic or "eye balls" to ebid.net

Let me suggest the following.

ebid.net should :

1. Open a twitter account for news releases.

2. sellers should have ebid.net on their email signatures that will point to their store.

3. Market the "dot NET".. Have a GREEN Circle around the NET. Why Green? Green means go > safe to move > safe to move forward etc.

4. Put small ads on local news papers.

5. Sellers should use word of mouth and suggest the site.

6. email current customers and ask for referals.

7. place banner ads on the net in high traffic areas.

8. Recommend ebid.net to all family and friends. Word of mouth is so much stronger.

9. Take out a superbowl ad next year. That put godaddy on the map the first year. ( yes use a hot attractive lady as well) .

10. enjoy
    Likewise, since our buyers come from google, other ebid people, our old feebay customers and our personal marketing, concentrating on all of those will bring in more customers to us and to ebid. i.e. every listing we put out to google (buy it now plus ten auto relists) advertises ebid/our listings in cyberspace. ebid downloads these almost continually, and never gets credit for this kind of advertising for us and ebid. Since the more we list the more we sell, it makes good sense for all members to pack their stores full. win-win for everyone.

All your great suggestions fall under personal marketing, but ya know some just are not practical. ie. ads in local paper, a 3x4" ad in our paper runs hundreds of dollars. Superbowl ads run, what is it $2million per 30 second ad. mmmmmmmmm.

A lot of us have postcard sized adverts printed up which we hand out whenever subject comes up. That helps a great deal to pass the word. Other put flyers in packages when they sell on feebay! etc etc etc

Keep the ideas coming. ( But I still think those three million listings on google really get the word out for all of us!!)

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I would add this...
    Place a link to your ebid store on your signature for posts on forums and web sites.
    If you can join forums tghat are relevant to the items you are selling you attract people interested in them.I have sold quite a few items to first time users of ebid this way.Try it.
    excellent. And you know we are all nosy as all heck, as soon as a new person comes on we check out what they sell!

Smile Advertising

I subscribe to Moneywise who send weekly emails, this week they have an article about turning your unwanteds into cash and a write up about the other auction site as well as a video telling people how easy it is to sell items on their site and how to begin. I am not sure if I can post a link to it on here, but I am happy to send it if anyone is interested.

It would be an idea for eBid to do the same, I will add an entry in their auctions & bootfair forum to give eBid a plug.

Tricia
    http://just-leggings.ebid.net
    Last edited by asktricia; 28th March 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Send buddy emails also...I used the emails from my PP account!!

Forum Lurker
    All-About jlh1973mu
    Forum Posts

Can you advertise on Craigs list???

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlh1973mu View Post
    I do

Forum Lurker
    All-About jlh1973mu
    Forum Posts

Use buy it now with auctions....this get listings to google

Smile craigs list

Quote Originally Posted by jlh1973mu View Post
    Yes you can advertise on craigs list. It can be a low key as simple listing of one of your items with a tag to your store or stores to an all out store banner with a listing.
    Not sure how to do that yet but is done. Robin Also a newbe from Feebay :=)

Thread Information