5 45.45%
  • There are scholarly theologians who expound clearly on creationism

5 45.45%
  • Discussions on creationism are not scholarly & not scientifically sound

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Science of Creationism

One of the best documentaries on the subject is called 'Unlocking the Mystery of Life' which shows clear evidence for intelligent design. It also shows many reputable scientists that are now advocating creationism as being the most logical explanation as to how life began on this planet. This isn't to say evolution doesn't exist, it isn't an either/or situation, but evolution doesn't account for the pattern or speed with which life developed on this planet. Did you know that humans are the only creature on the planet with periods of step evolution? This is the evolutionists way of saying we don't know how they evolved so fast. But ask yourself this, given another thousand years of gene research and space travel won't we be terraforming and creating new life on far distant worlds. It has nothing to do with organized religion who are nothing more than wolves in sheep's clothing. We were created and our creator has expectations as to correct behavior.
    Last edited by thinkingbooks; 25th March 2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: I am the law!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

This isn't to start an argument but I have always wondered, if we started as apes and evolved into man why are there still apes. It looks like they would all be walking and talking like men by now. Just a thought!

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    This isn't to start an argument but I have always wondered, if we started as apes and evolved into man why are there still apes. It looks like they would all be walking and talking like men by now. Just a thought!
    I guess that is like saying why hasn't all men evolved into brainy men. I expect some apes just couldn't be bothered to learn.

When you think about it, which is the better life. Lazing around a forest or working 60 hours a week so the missus can go shopping
    Last edited by TonyBridger; 22nd March 2010 at 03:35 PM.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Humans did not evolve from apes.

The theory is that an ancestral primate evolved into many branches. The ones still in existence are prosimians, monkeys, apes, and hominids. Neanderthal, homo erectus, homo habilis, and homo sapiens are among those that evolved from the hominid branch. We are the only hominid that survived.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is a modern day presbyterian theologian that I used to listen to his teachings on creationism. His first name is James; Dobson I believe is his last name. I found him quite convincing.

HERE YOU GO... Two sources for you..... Do a google search for : "Ken Ham, Creation Museum" or "Ray Comfort: Way of the Master" ... http://www.wayofthemaster.com/IDvsEvol.shtml Plenty of thought provoking material here!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Times running out for any additional votes on this poll. Thanks to all responders.

Default Re: The Science of Creationism

I've come to this topic rather late to vote but here's my two pennies. You ask whether I believe in evolution as if this is about faith not science. There is evidence that lead to and continues to support the theory of evolution. It isn't a case of do I believe it or not, the evidence exists and the theory based on it is sound. I could, perhaps, if I knew more about it, question some of the interpretations arising from the evidence, but that's not the same thing as not believing in evolutionary theory.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Science of Creationism

Evolution is not a theory, it's a fact! The story of evolution is unraveling as science advances.

There are of course theory's within evolution where the facts are not so clear cut and have to be researched over and over until an answer emerges.

Just one example; The gas in your car crushes the creation theory as oil took millions of years to 'CREATE'

No other industry has spent so much understanding the science of oil and where it comes from.

Last edited by Pink_Panther; 18th September 2011 at 01:16 PM.

Thread Information