Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Forum Newbie
    All-About mstuf
    View mstuf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello -- I cant help with you MAC Question but for importing -- its pretty easy -- I too an fairly new here and just getting going. The First thing to do is Click on the Help Link -- then on the selling link on the left hand side . In the Video section there is a video titled "How to import auctions into Ninja Lister". It makes it pretty clear. There are many other videos there that will help with everything from Importing to setting up a store -- editing etc.
    Good Luck

Forum Newbie
    All-About mstuf
    View mstuf's Listings
    Forum Posts

A suggestion given in another thread was to have a trusted friend with a PC do the download and Transfer for you. Hopefully there is an easier solution that someone who has experienced the MAC Dilemma will provide.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The way it appears for me is rather oddly organized for editing
    We are in the process of renaming backup files to .txt as excel doesn't automatically see the csv backup file as tab delimited. If you rename the backup file to .txt and then open it in Excel it will pick up the fields correctly, then rename it back to .csv before restoring.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hi, Ive recently imported all of my auctions through ninja lister from TL. Process worked quite well although had to re-create catagories etc. One problem I have found is that if you dont select the catagories before uploading the listings for some reason the pictures do no upload to ebid and the URL remains the old ebay one, which must be blocked via ebid as they do not display? *update* seems images hosted on my webserver dont display either, the URL is in the listing correctly but does not display.

I am now working my way through 100s of listings having to edit each image otherwise it will not display in the listings (although images in the acutal auction are fine).

One major issue with bulk editing online is you cannot bulk edit images? Why not? If for exable you have 5 listings all using the same image, maybe different sizes of clothing for example, if you could bulk edit those images and it would save a lot of time.

So possibly a bug in Ninja that isnt uploading the pictures properly and also a request for the feature in bulk edit to edit the pictures. Can the listings be refreshed to try and grab the images from the url in the listing? Example of issue Auction ID : 39026930 the image url is valid but its not grabbed the image for the listing unless I re-add it.
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 6th March 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Quick update, I spent a few hours re-adding my images yest as I wanted to get it all finished. I have also stripped out my URL in favour of some pretty logos.

Think all looking good now, just need to make some sales

Forum Newbie
    View npowerman's Feedback (+718)
    All-About npowerman
    View npowerman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Can anyone help me I have exported from turbo lister in turbo lister csv format and imported this file to ninja lister where i put it into new sets selected good to go and uploaded then it just stays on 100% upload and nothing happens?? There is nothing in bulk upload either - am i doing something wrong? Did I have to change the csv file before importing to ninja?? I am at a loss - I have successfully done this before but now it is not working or I have missed something out.
    Thank You in anticipation

For some reason it worked today so maybe there was something wrong with ninja lister last night - all great except my listings with html templates the pictures which are in photobucket do not seem to be working properly any ideas anyone?? would be most appreciated thank you.
    Last edited by npowerman; 8th March 2011 at 03:52 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mstuf
    View mstuf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We are in the process of renaming backup files to .txt as excel doesn't automatically see the csv backup file as tab delimited. If you rename the backup file to .txt and then open it in Excel it will pick up the fields correctly, then rename it back to .csv before restoring.
    Thank You -- txt will be a big help -- Its a quirky process to change Csv to txt anymore - I kept ending up with Filename.txt.csv etc. My Excel even when viewed as Detailed List does not show File Extensions - Passing over is the only way that CSV or Txt Shows. CSV's Icon is the same as regular XLS files.

Yes the file then did open in a much more editable form. Thank You for the Suggestion. One more question Please, if you can help. I then saved the File as CSV Comma delimited ( the Only option I am offered besides CSV Macintosh and CSV DOS ) but when restoring it NL told me that it was "not a familiar format" and does not restore.

The Only Tab Delimited option in my drop-down box is Text file ( tab delimited )

Any Suggestions to get to a saved file that I can restore ?

I have just installed eBid's Ninja Lister but it wont recognise my username as it wont let me use a hyphen! Any ideas?

Everyone Welcome

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual-World View Post
    I have just installed eBid's Ninja Lister but it wont recognise my username as it wont let me use a hyphen! Any ideas?
    Afraid hyphens are no longer allowed in usernames. You must have a legacy one - created before the restriction came in.

You will need to contact admin and change it to meet the current requirements detailed at: http://uk.ebid.net/help_register.php#14

Many thanks for your help, I didn't realise they changed the rules! :-)

Everyone Welcome

Thread Information