Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

View TOPticl's Feedback (+1938)
    All-About TOPticl
    View TOPticl's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK – no-one has come up with an answer, and when I asked support they just referred me back to this section of the forum.
    So I have done a bit of experimentation and I think I now understand what is going on.
    In the downloaded spreadsheet which you add your items is a column which defines International Shipping (column S)
    Here is what I put in my original attempt at bulk upload. All seemed fine and everything was listed on uk.ebid.net.
    04=1.50,eu:04=2.50,oc,as,na,sa.af:
    I was only when I corresponded with someone in USA and he said he couldn’t see my listing over there that I started to think something was wrong
    So I looked at na.ebid.net and there were all my listing, also on oc.ebid.net as.ebid.net etc – but not af.ebid.net ??
    Then I realised that the US guy was looking at us.ebid.net and it slowly started to dawn on me what was going on.
    Column S serves a double purpose (as I suspect the postage tick boxes on the manual selling screen do)
    It defines how much postage you will charge to each country or continent. But ALSO it defines which ebid SITE the auction is posted to.

It obviously isn’t clever enough to realise that if I post to “na” then I would like my auctions on the us site and the ca site as well as the na site.
    So I have tried a few more auctions through the spreadsheet download – this time putting:-
    04=1.50,eu,ie,fr:04=2.50,oc,as,na,sa,af,us,au:
    in Column S.

I have checked the majority of the xx.ebid.net sites and these auctions are now everywhere I specified (including af – those with sharp eyesight will see that in my original af was preceded by a full stop (period) instead of a comma so the download parser didn’t “see” the af.)

I hope this is all correct – it is just based on some experimentation – and the logic seems to hang together. If anyone knows better please let me know.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mstuf
    View mstuf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello -- New Here -- I've been reading this thread in order to be sure I can accomplish the Ebay / Ebid Transfer. I am Quite Familiar with Turbo Lister / Excel / CSV.

I have a couple questions that I don't find addressed in this thread or other help.

After Importing my TL CSV File -- How many fields are likely to require Editing. IE - Do Ebay / Ebid Catagory Numbers Sync ?? Will my Store Category's at Ebay transfer so that when I set up an ebid store I can use them without editing each one ? etc etc

and

What is the Capacity for Ninja Lister ?? -- Ebay recommends that more that 2000 not be held in a user file and allows users to open other files to hold more items in. Depending on Capacity answer, Can I keep items in separate NL Files if my quantity is over the recommended capacity ?

and

I note that in several spots it refers to the TL Listings to be exported as "ACTIVE" . Are you referring to them this way for users who are not normally TL Users, telling them how to get their items into TL for use ? I currently have NO items listed at Ebay but I have my Current Version TL Files with a large number of listings Stored. Just wanting clarification.

Thanks to any or all

View TOPticl's Feedback (+1938)
    All-About TOPticl
    View TOPticl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doesn't seem to be much activity on this thread - and perhaps this has been memtioned before (not easy to search)

Please beware if you include links to pictures on "your own website" that the link is valid before you do the bulk upload. If the link is not valid the up load won't fail but (of course) you won't see your picture.

I recently set a number of auctions going by bulk upload before I remembered to put the pictures into the download area of my website.
    I corrected the website, but even though the link in the auction was now correct refreshing the auction did not reestablish the link. I had to "reinsert" all the pictures manually

Forum Newbie
    All-About clothesusa
    View clothesusa's Listings
    Forum Posts

How can I import my ebay auction items to ebid. I do not use Turbo Lister. I have downloaded ebid Ninja and all I get is a blank page.
    Help Please,
    Leo, ClothesUSA

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clothesusa View Post
    How can I import my ebay auction items to ebid. I do not use Turbo Lister. I have downloaded ebid Ninja and all I get is a blank page.
    Help Please,
    Leo, ClothesUSA
    Ninja Lister's eBay import is designed to work with the file exported from eBay - without it, it has no way of gathering the information you want to send. You will have to use TL, even if only as a one-off, in order to make the transfer.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Kimbo, I knew you'd have a good answer.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Is there no way to cut and paste listings from Auction Set #1 into folders I have created to sort my items by type or which of my three shops they go in?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    Is there no way to cut and paste listings from Auction Set #1 into folders I have created to sort my items by type or which of my three shops they go in?
    Yes, just select the items then Copy/Paste or Drag & Drop.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mstuf
    View mstuf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Questions about Editing within Ninja Lister - Help Please

Hello -

New Here -- Just Working on Listings. I Have 3 Questions.

Can I apply my Defaults (like Duration and Auto Repost - Condition - Countries - Payment Methods Accepted ) to my imported items ??

As its happening for me, all items imported need editing of those fields.

I have filled out a My Defaults Form with the desired info's but they dont seem to apply to items imported in from The Other Side.

I also note that when I attempt to create a NEW Listing that my defaults are not applying there either when the new form opens.

Is it correct that only active Listings ( or maybe previously listed items that are now closed ) can be bulk edited ??

At the time of this post, I have not listed any items yet -- still working on them.

I note that creating a Back Up leaves a CSV file but, its not in a very usable form to edit.

I hope I don't have to start my listings and then edit each time I want to start them. I'd like to have them in NL ready to run but the time to open and individually edit each for Condition - Auto Repost - Duration - Countries and Payments Accepted would be extensive.

I'm not able from within the item edit page to manually enter a Category Number when attempting to edit from Imported Listing from the Other Side -- I have to wade through the drop down screens each time. Should this be working ?? The Field says "Select on Upload" and wont accept manual numerical entry.

Thanks for Looking -- Any Help Appreciated

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstuf View Post
    Can I apply my Defaults (like Duration and Auto Repost - Condition - Countries - Payment Methods Accepted ) to my imported items ??
    a. Sadly, not that I am aware of. The import brings in the data 'as is' and you then have to make it compliant with eBid requirements.

b. When creating listings online you can define a 'default' default to pre-fill any new listing when it is created but this function has not been carried over into the Ninja Lister.

c. If all the fields in a column that you need to edit after import have the same values then you can edit one listing, select the edited listing, right-click on the field, and then click on Copy Field to All. This will change the field for every listing in that Auction Set to match the updated info.

I also note that when I attempt to create a NEW Listing that my defaults are not applying there either when the new form opens.
    The defaults facility was added in the last update to Ninja Lister and it really acts more like a template repository than true defaults. As you can have more than one set of 'defaults' you need to select which to use from the bottom of the listing creation form. Maybe this area of the Ninja Lister will see some development - or you could request the functions you desire on the appropriate forum - admin do listen here.

Is it correct that only active Listings ( or maybe previously listed items that are now closed ) can be bulk edited ??
    Bulk Edit can only be used on live listings.

I note that creating a Back Up leaves a CSV file but, its not in a very usable form to edit.
    The backup is intended for restoration back into the Ninja Lister and so is in a format that it can understand. It can be edited using a spreadsheet application if you really want but that rather defeats its purpose as a duplicate of the Ninja Lister database.

I'm not able from within the item edit page to manually enter a Category Number when attempting to edit from Imported Listing from the Other Side -- I have to wade through the drop down screens each time. Should this be working ?? The Field says "Select on Upload" and wont accept manual numerical entry.
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I'll pass on that one.

Thread Information