Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Default useage question

Hope this isnt a daft question but cannot find the answer anywhere.

When previously using Ebay <spit> I used Turbo Lister which uses to interface with the current listings and give option to relist when they ended if not sold.

Does this exist within Ninja anywhere or is Ninja purely an upload tool.

If an upload tool is the answer am I correct in thinking the only real solution is to keep in the database all items, and manually delete items off when sold.

The only problem I can see with this is where listings end on different days as there would be a risk of duplication.

How does everyone else work this through

thanks
    Andrew

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluezummerset View Post
    Hope this isnt a daft question but cannot find the answer anywhere.

When previously using Ebay <spit> I used Turbo Lister which uses to interface with the current listings and give option to relist when they ended if not sold.

Does this exist within Ninja anywhere or is Ninja purely an upload tool.

If an upload tool is the answer am I correct in thinking the only real solution is to keep in the database all items, and manually delete items off when sold.

The only problem I can see with this is where listings end on different days as there would be a risk of duplication.

How does everyone else work this through

thanks
    Andrew
    Views may vary, but I'd say : no you can't do that live interaction thing, yes it's just an upload tool, and yes there is a danger of duplication if you don't manage your items. I don't know how Ninja will evolve, but as it stands I wouldn't be using it as storage place. I'd suggest you use it to create and upload then empty it, and if you want to make further changes you can either do them via the bulk edit or export then import back into Ninja. That way you'll only export/import live auctions. But I tend to keep my own copies of everything and never rely on selling sites or third parties to keep my data safe anyway. As I say MMV (mileage may vary )

thanks Kimbo for confirming what I was thinking.

Originally I imported the listings from Turbo Lister which when my other listings have finished on ebay I had intended scrapping.

Can closed / ended listings be imported from anywhere on Ebid, or are you using a third party piece of software to store everything

I looked at the Excel spreadsheet option on ebid but could not get my TL file to import into that and with approaching 1700 items I was hoping not to have to retype everything from scratch and redo all the pictures

thanks
    Andrew

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluezummerset View Post
    thanks Kimbo for confirming what I was thinking.

Originally I imported the listings from Turbo Lister which when my other listings have finished on ebay I had intended scrapping.

Can closed / ended listings be imported from anywhere on Ebid, or are you using a third party piece of software to store everything...
    The auctions I ran section has the same export listings link as the auctions I'm running, so you can grab finished listings. There's also an export sales info' I've not tried yet. *note to self: rectify that

I keep back-up copies of my listings that way to protect my templates and banners and wotnot auction data, and have my own database for my books so don't need to worry about those.

I usually then back up the files to an external drive as well, but while travelling use drop box (www.dropbox.com). I don't do any of this as often as I should, of course.

brilliant massive help - of course I had looked everywhere except in that section

Much better support and helpful forums on here to that reviled place elsewhere !!!

cheers again
    Andrew

Question Ninja lister and Delcampe

I use eBay as a matter of neccessity due to it's size even though it's the Microsoft of auctions (huge, useless, arrogant and uncaring). I read info on copying more of listings to eBid with Ninja loader which I'm trying later, but I also use Delcampe auction site. How does the loader work copying stuff from there if possible to put onto eBid?

Thanks. Kevin.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist57 View Post
    ...but I also use Delcampe auction site. How does the loader work copying stuff from there if possible to put onto eBid?
    A very good question. The blurb does indicate that it can be used to import from more than just eBay, but I have never seen any suggestion as to from which sites or how easy and successful the transfer would be.

If you can get your data into .csv format than it might stand a chance but how much sense it would make of the data is unclear.

I will be very interested to see the answer (sadly, this isn't it - sorry).

Lightbulb Converting eBay listings for eBid Ninja Lister - solution

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist57 View Post
    I use eBay as a matter of neccessity due to it's size even though it's the Microsoft of auctions (huge, useless, arrogant and uncaring). I read info on copying more of listings to eBid with Ninja loader which I'm trying later, but I also use Delcampe auction site. How does the loader work copying stuff from there if possible to put onto eBid?

Thanks. Kevin.
    Hi Kevin,

I suggest that you try my shareware program for 30 days free evaluation that easily converts eBay listings to eBid Ninja Lister.

Have a look at my website for more information :

http://auctiondatawizard.imagoscape.com/

I appreciate any suggestions or queries that you may have. Also specify other type of files that you'd like to convert.

cheers,

imagoscape

Forum Newbie
    All-About one2shop
    View one2shop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

I having problem to update my Ninja Lister? Do i have to update all the categories? Beside i cant find any option i can list my item for UK member. Can anyone help me out? Pls......

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I having problem to update my Ninja Lister? Do i have to update all the categories? Beside i cant find any option i can list my item for UK member. Can anyone help me out? Pls.....

Not sure I understand what you are asking.

If you are asking about updating the category list then, to the best of my knowledge, the NL will tell you when it starts if the category list has been updated and offers you the option to update it. There is no manual update request.

If the second part of your query is that there is not a suitable category for you to list an item under then either request the creation of a category in the Category Request forum or use a generic category (e.g. Other exists as a catch-all category in most areas).

Thread Information