Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View cotswoldsport's Feedback (+9333)
    All-About cotswoldsport
    View cotswoldsport's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have found a number of imported listing are shown as USED instead of NEW is their a way to make the search tool work without a relevant word being used? It has a condition box which works with a suitable word but would like to check all the shop listings without having to do it manually, I have tried * but no joy!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cotswoldsport View Post
    ...is their a way to make the search tool work without a relevant word being used?
    I don't think so; eBid's search engine is not very flexible.

The easiest way to achieve what I think you are after doing is to view your stores/items and use the Sort drop-down list to select the New or Used items to be displayed first. This will group your items as new and used.

Forum Newbie
    All-About cotswoldsport
    Forum Posts

Pity, it may in that case be quicker to take all the listings down and then put them back up after sorting the problems out in NL. Most say NL is working much better now, I gave up listing at 17 folders due to the earlier problems well done Gazza.
    Only had one sale so far which is a little disappointing but in it for the long term.

Forum Newbie
    All-About cotswoldsport
    Forum Posts

Thanks Mel the sort worked fine and turned out only to be a few to change, I had not realised the option was there.

Forum Newbie
    View Addywack's Feedback (+257)
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    The copy function lets you choose individual countries or groups of countries.

Gazza
    Hi, the copy to button in the P&P section is not descriminating enough, if you copy selected to worldwide it puts it into all of them which overides any prices put in for Europe which usually need to be lower, also both copy to Europe and copy to Worldwide always includes putting in for the UK, this results in two figures for the UK because it has already been done in the Domestic Shipping section, I have found the only way to do it reasonably quickly is to individually select all P&P for one listing and the use the "Copy field to all" but using this feature for any field means the listings have to be separated into auction sets where everything needs to be the same and it is resulting in lots of auction sets with only a few listings in them, something more descriminating in the individual auction edit page would help.

Default moving on, help with classifications?

what do i put in the box labeled eBid store category id ty Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Addywack View Post
    Hi, the copy to button in the P&P section is not descriminating enough, if you copy selected to worldwide it puts it into all of them which overides any prices put in for Europe which usually need to be lower, also both copy to Europe and copy to Worldwide always includes putting in for the UK, this results in two figures for the UK because it has already been done in the Domestic Shipping section, I have found the only way to do it reasonably quickly is to individually select all P&P for one listing and the use the "Copy field to all" but using this feature for any field means the listings have to be separated into auction sets where everything needs to be the same and it is resulting in lots of auction sets with only a few listings in them, something more descriminating in the individual auction edit page would help.
    I don't know if this will help but I've created an Auction Set named Templates and I created a separate Template for LP's, Books, etc.

When you're ready to create your auctions create your auction set and copy the template into that set. That works for me.

Gary
    Gary's Odd Stuff II
    Your Neighborhood Store
    Fan Page Management

It's Not Over Until You Quit..SO DON'T

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Can you forward your data file to us at support at ebid dot net

Thx
    It seems it is individual lines in the file. I found a work around by letting it make the error, finding on which line it froze, removing the line, deleting imported listings in NL, creating a new file, re-importing and then repeating until all error producing lines were removed. I just don't know what it is about the lines that I removed that was causing the error.
    Last edited by musicbackissues; 16th May 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View Addywack's Feedback (+257)
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    I don't know if this will help but I've created an Auction Set named Templates and I created a separate Template for LP's, Books, etc.

When you're ready to create your auctions create your auction set and copy the template into that set. That works for me.

Gary
    Hi, yes, thanks, I've done the same with new listings I'm preparing but it does'nt help much with the feebay listings I'm importing, thanks for trying though,
    Jeannette

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default NL edit screen. Possible to move off screen.

With the edit window open in NL it is possible to drag it, using the title bar, outside of the application window. The title bar and Save / Cancel buttons then become inaccessible and it is impossible to close the editor. The only way to close it is to shut down the whole application.

Attachment 16414

Thread Information