eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: accepted payments/user ID

Forum Newbie
    View rrrrob's Feedback (+1)
    All-About rrrrob
    View rrrrob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default accepted payments/user ID

I seem to be having QUITE a bit of trouble finding anything in the help section about payment methods we are allowed to accept and how to configure my profile for the various payment methods. I have a seller account here (the free one--I only want to sell one item at this time to try things out).

SO, can I accept PayPal or not? One chart I looked at said it wasn't available for checkout by customers (for the free seller account)...does that mean I can use it, but I have to invoice for a sold item manually so that the customer can pay? Or do I have to upgrade to an ebid subscription to accept PayPal (either manually or automatically)? I entered my PayPal user ID (email address) in my profile, but not sure if that is all I need to do or not.

How can I accept credit cards? Do I need a merchant account (I have one, but I see nothing anywhere that can help me set up my account to accept credit cards?

What do you all think of Google checkout??? I had an account but got rid of it because configuring it to sell internationally seemed next to impossible without an advanced degree in computer science (some nonsense about API programming, etc.).

Also, is there a way to change your user ID here?

Thanks!

You can use what ever payment method you like.

Integrated checkout is only for those who are seller+
    If you are a basic seller, to get integrated checkout you need to select the platinum listing.

In Uk the integrated checkouts are
    Paypal
    Pppay (not for outside euro zone)
    Google checkout.

If you are a basic seller and select the standard auction then you will have tomanually send an invoice from paypal / google checkout etc

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can accept any method of payment you want, including any that aren't listed, simply by saying so in your listing. Integrated invoicing/payment is only available for seller plus, so you will have to send an invoice via your chosen method - e.g. a payment request from paypal.

Google checkout works fine, you just have to set up the various IDs - but most people still prefer paypal, so if you don't like it don't sweat it. If you do decide to give it a go, there's an excellent set-up guide from one of our forum users we can point you towards.

Only admin can change your ID - but they will do so quite happily if you email support and ask.

To change ID send an email to support@ebid.tv with your request

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrrob View Post
    I seem to be having QUITE a bit of trouble finding anything in the help section about payment methods we are allowed to accept and how to configure my profile for the various payment methods. I have a seller account here (the free one--I only want to sell one item at this time to try things out).

SO, can I accept PayPal or not? One chart I looked at said it wasn't available for checkout by customers (for the free seller account)...does that mean I can use it, but I have to invoice for a sold item manually so that the customer can pay? Or do I have to upgrade to an ebid subscription to accept PayPal (either manually or automatically)? I entered my PayPal user ID (email address) in my profile, but not sure if that is all I need to do or not.

How can I accept credit cards? Do I need a merchant account (I have one, but I see nothing anywhere that can help me set up my account to accept credit cards?

What do you all think of Google checkout??? I had an account but got rid of it because configuring it to sell internationally seemed next to impossible without an advanced degree in computer science (some nonsense about API programming, etc.).

Also, is there a way to change your user ID here?

Thanks!
    I checked out your 1 listing you have and it does state you accept PP

x

Thread Information