eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBay down 33% - eBid up 22%

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

this started out as ebay against ebid (with regards to listings)
    How comes we are talking about tags and posting?

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    So my suggestion is, that if you do post over there that you try to use The Hammer. (If you use ebid, they will probably delete your post)
    But will anyone understand what "The Hammer" means? I sometimes look for discussions on feebay about people who are upset & suggest they try ebid. The other day I did it lots of times & got a formal warning! Ooooooooo, scary!!!!

I think its worth telling people there about ebid - your post may get deleted, but not before its been seen. I think its people very loyal to the site (& very sad!) that report any posts about ebid.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cailesm View Post
    But will anyone understand what "The Hammer" means? I sometimes look for discussions on feebay about people who are upset & suggest they try ebid. The other day I did it lots of times & got a formal warning! Ooooooooo, scary!!!!

I think its worth telling people there about ebid - your post may get deleted, but not before its been seen. I think its people very loyal to the site (& very sad!) that report any posts about ebid.
    And the same thing will happen here if anybody recommends leaving eBid for somewhere else
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

there are other sites though

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Look at ebid's logo. Can you see the Hammer.
    People take a while to "get" the other nicknames.
    But then when they ask you can pm them.

Or maybe someone can think of a better nickname. A prominent poster on here came up with The Hammer and I used it. It is quite cool when people ask what it stands fro and you can pm them back ! (he he)

A lot of people ask what the Ranch or the Moon stand for as well.

I just think that ebay's forums is where we will get most new members. So we need to keep ebid's name up there on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Look at ebid's logo. Can you see the Hammer.
    People take a while to "get" the other nicknames.
    But then when they ask you can pm them.

Or maybe someone can think of a better nickname. A prominent poster on here came up with The Hammer and I used it. It is quite cool when people ask what it stands fro and you can pm them back ! (he he)

A lot of people ask what the Ranch or the Moon stand for as well.

I just think that ebay's forums is where we will get most new members. So we need to keep ebid's name up there on there.
    Might be a small percentage. Some new ones come over from google, w/ 3.2 million listings the word gets out for both buyers and sellers. Or they look up auction site stats and we are high on list (I chose them that way). Articles mention ebid, reviews, etc. that brings in people too. But every mention helps.

Look on line and all signs point to ebid. It is just mentioned more and more, and chosen more and more when people see ebid has so many listings. Number of listings clinches it, why list w/ site w/ 2000 listings? Who is that going to attract?

Good fair reputation helps too. We often were tricked over there, and don't want to be on another site that does it or allows it. Usually people I talk to about switching soon turn to questions about fairness of the ebid site. Will sellers have alternate account to snipe me, neg me, boost their own auctions? Will ebid reverse unfair negs and help me with nasty buyers? Of course! That goes long way in helping sellers decide to move. Having an even playing field for everyone also attracts lots of new sellers to ebid too.

Any little bit helps. Any buyer or seller brought here boosts the action for all of us. Keep up the good fight.

All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just got banned from posting on feebay forums for 30 days for mentioning ebid, even though in the last two posts (after a warning) I referred to it as The Hammer. It just surprises me that people can be so loyal to feebay, so as to report my posts, when feebay is completely ripping them off & treating them like fools.

Quote Originally Posted by cailesm View Post
    I just got banned from posting on feebay forums for 30 days for mentioning ebid, even though in the last two posts (after a warning) I referred to it as The Hammer. It just surprises me that people can be so loyal to feebay, so as to report my posts, when feebay is completely ripping them off & treating them like fools.
    Oh well, you sort of expected that. They are smart to the secret terms too.

I agree. Met a friend at a charity shop yesterday, she is still convinced it is a great place. But she sells only 5-10 items a week. Cares for elderly parent, no other job, so this is just a fun diversion for her. Maybe many of those left just do it part time like her, and don't care or notice the abuse. But when she moves to full time, and has to pay the bills, those rules/suspensions/changes will affect her.Right now if any trouble she refunds and gives item to buyer! Can't do that and pay all your bills!

Was over there a few days ago. Wow, lots complaining sales have dropped 50-75% since April 1 for some groups of sellers. Changes maybe had effect on placement or something to drop so fast. Could not tell why some were hurt and others not.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I just got banned from posting on feebay forums for 30 days for mentioning ebid, even

I'm sorry but I don't understand the surprise there...

If I had a website and you came on it advertising somebody else's web-site I wouldn't like it. It's the same everywhere - eBid wouldn't put up with it either & it's not a case of loyalties, just good manners in imho
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

The people left on ebay are the business sellers & the people like the lady you mentioned. Its the business sellers there who always put people down for complaining about listing limits, fees or whatever & its them who report listings in the forums. The small sellers just don't realise (or choose to ignore) just how much money ebay is taking from them.

I wasn't surprised I got banned temporarily from posting & I really don't care, I just wanted to let other unhappy feebay members know that there is an alternative - good manners or not.

I'm not a professional seller & it's nice that I don't have to try & justify myself here. Over there its treated as a crime if you're fortunate enough to have plenty of things to sell that you haven't bought - not just by ebay, but by a great deal of the business members on the forums).

Thread Information