Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBay down 33% - eBid up 22%

Quote Originally Posted by hanoki View Post
    I stopped shipping overseas because the products never seem to get where they were going. I ended up reimbursing them to keep them happy. I use a drop shipper and had no control of how they shipped so I could not see if the items were delivered or caught up in customs. NotIa problem anymore I stopped shipping overseas.
    Did the drop shipper not provide tracking for overseas?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I stopped shipping overseas because the products never seem to get where they were going. I ended up reimbursing them to keep them happy. I use a drop shipper and had no control of how they shipped so I could not see if the items were delivered or caught up in customs. NotIa problem anymore I stopped shipping overseas.
    I, too, dropship some of my items, and from lessons learned a long time ago, I do not ship outside the US...I'm gettin' too old for headaches and anxiety with overseas dropshipping...eeek!

Its a shame you lose that business. Overseas amounts to about 25% of my sales.

I can see why if you lose money on those sales. And since you do have higher priced items $40+ which gets a bit sticky when trying to ship cheap overseas yet have protection/confirmation of delivery.

Forum Newbie
    All-About dga04
    View dga04's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink e bay stinks

ebay stinks and will not use e bay and now im going to get my store up and running on e bid.

Quote Originally Posted by dga04 View Post
    ebay stinks and will not use e bay and now im going to get my store up and running on e bid.
    Put something on your about me page so buyers will know a little more about you and your items. Welcome to ebid.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Getting back to the title of this thread, things are not looking so good for ebid.
    Since the 1st of April when ebay put stores into core, their listings have gone up by 1,455,000 and ebid have gone down by 60,000 !

Listings at three or four other alt sites have gone up, so come on ebidders, list some more. You have the Ninja !

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Getting back to the title of this thread, things are not looking so good for ebid.
    Since the 1st of April when ebay put stores into core, their listings have gone up by 1,455,000 and ebid have gone down by 60,000 !

Listings at three or four other alt sites have gone up, so come on ebidders, list some more. You have the Ninja !
    Never understood the obsession with listing numbers. There are so many variables, so many differences between sites, it's a pointless comparison to my mind. I think we should just crack on and do our best, and not worry about what's happening elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

Since eBid finished housecleaning the inactive sellers some time ago, there's only one possible explanation for eBid's sudden drop in numbers.

People are buying.

I don't consider this a bad thing.

Yes, we all have to keep adding items. I know I get motivated whenever I sell something, and I hope others do the same.

I also agree with Kim's comments, though. I stopped watching those auction count numbers quite a while ago. The only ones I care about are the ones in my "sold" bucket.

Forum Diehard
    View DUFFYS's Feedback (+1658)
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yesterday, i was watching Bloomberg and the Financial Gurus where quoting that Clients of eBay were moving over to other site's, one site that they did mention was Amazon ( I think i have spelt it right ) and eBid got a little plug as well.
    well anyway eBays shar price is down and Amazon is well Up !

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

But they need to mention other auction sites such as ebid !

That is why whenever I p[ost on ebay's forums I try to use a nuckname of The Hammer for ebid.

Over there people are always asking which is a good alternate site.
    They always say the name of several other sites but hardly ever mention this site.

So my suggestion is, that if you do post over there that you try to use The Hammer. (If you use ebid, they will probably delete your post)

Thread Information