eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBay down 33% - eBid up 22%

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    Tracking with PO around the world is tricking as not all post offices have the same software or facility to scan the parcels that is why the Royal Mail advise that most international tracking only tell you when the package leaves the country.
    I agree that now that Feebay are buyer bias i have had an increse of people advising that it has not arrived even when the item has been sent tracked and i have proof of del it makes me peed off that people can try and claim that and if i am not careful greedbay can side with these lets face it crooks.
    True. I think what happened with the Netherlands package was an overzealous employee, maybe with a new scanning gun...lol and was scanning everything! That is what they thought at my local post office anyway. On many days of being at the PO and chatting, I was told the original intent of the scanning bars on the custom tags/labels were for all to be scanned at least when they were cleared by customs. Then of course not all had the technology to follow through with the plan. Even when they did get the equipment, it was hit and miss on most of it. So on goes the saga....

Hi there- I am a new seller here - just joined up - would like to help eBid in their continued success & contibute to the downfall of the giant FEEBAY.... mwahahahaha .. signed up for lifetime -- wootwoot!

Quote Originally Posted by DealDepot View Post
    Hi there- I am a new seller here - just joined up - would like to help eBid in their continued success & contibute to the downfall of the giant FEEBAY.... mwahahahaha .. signed up for lifetime -- wootwoot!
    Welcome!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Regular PM has those extras.
    Regular PM international you need to pay extra for insurance.

All other PM flat rate international sizes have insurance included.

Small PM flat rate international and envelope does not have tracking facility.

x

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're getting 'tags' scanned, you're very lucky indeed. I assume you are referring to the green labels affixed to packages, if not, I'm not sure what tags you're referring to. I have asked many times at the PO if custom green tags were scanned and they have always told me no, that it is only proof of shipping.

As for tracking #s being scanned in the states, I guess I'm just lucky. All mine have been scanned. As for the ones going out of country, the only ones I've had problems with is Canada. But since I have insurance on packages, if buyer claims not delivered, the Canadian PO and US PO will check it out to see if it was truly delivered.
    That's what I was told on several occasions but, in fact, that is how I found out that my package arrived in the UK by checking the Customs # Of course, no further information was available, whether the item arrived at the address. I'm assuming it did as I received pos feedback for it.

x

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DealDepot View Post
    Welcome aboard

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Regular PM international you need to pay extra for insurance.

All other PM flat rate international sizes have insurance included.

Small PM flat rate international and envelope does not have tracking facility.

x
    Just mailed a PM package to Canada. It weighed 4 lbs 15 oz. and package was 24x11x11. Postage was $27 and it automatically came with tracking [cp#] and $76.33 in coverage for loss or damage.

Don't know about PM flat rate international because I've not shipped that way.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just mailed a PM package to Canada. It weighed 4 lbs 15 oz. and package was 24x11x11. Postage was $27 and it automatically came with tracking [cp#] and $76.33 in coverage for loss or damage.

Don't know about PM flat rate international because I've not shipped that way.
    Now that is interesting, they must have added it recently as I've not (until now) seen it before, hence I always shipped flat rate or registered.

I checked up on it on usps.com and your right. Another snippet of info I learned today, thank you!

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Now that is interesting, they must have added it recently as I've not (until now) seen it before, hence I always shipped flat rate or registered.

I checked up on it on usps.com and your right. Another snippet of info I learned today, thank you!

x
    You're welcome.

Carolina Shores, North Carolina, United States
    View hanoki's Feedback (+244)
    All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

I stopped shipping overseas because the products never seem to get where they were going. I ended up reimbursing them to keep them happy. I use a drop shipper and had no control of how they shipped so I could not see if the items were delivered or caught up in customs. NotIa problem anymore I stopped shipping overseas.

SAVE MONEY

Discounted Perfumes and Colognes

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Hanokis-Place

Thread Information