Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBay down 33% - eBid up 22%

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    Not sure about the stats. I do know that on the US site the Store totals have been rising constantly and I feel there are a lot of Sellers jumping ship and coming here, which is good.

I do think that Sellers on the other side have been burned one too many times with International sales, it will take a little time to get them to ship outside the US again.
    Very true. The other problem is for seller protection you must provide tracking to PP to avoid item not delivered 'claims'. Unfortunately to do this it makes shipping overseas very expensive. So even if you offer overseas shipping, most won't buy because of the high cost of shipping [which I don't blame them]. It's a shame though because when I first started selling over there, I used to ship first class, etc. to keep the cost down on overseas purchases. Never had a 'not delivered' claim. Then as e*ay became buyer proactive, the buyers started claiming 'not delivered' and I was out items and shipping costs. I'm not willing to take that chance again, no matter which site I sell on.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tracking for International Shipping is the Custom Tag Number. Those aren't purchased extra and that is the only tracking available for International shipping. Taking the time to put it in on PayPal or Google Checkout is one extra step, but at least they will have the custom tag number. All packages going out of the US have a custom tag no matter if its international first class or Priority.
    I ship First Class International and even though I am not able to use PayPals Label Printing for that, I can still type in the number in the Mark As Shipped.

Tracking for International Shipping is the Custom Tag Number. Those aren't purchased extra and that is the only tracking available for International shipping. Taking the time to put it in on PayPal or Google Checkout is one extra step, but at least they will have the custom tag number. All packages going out of the US have a custom tag no matter if its international first class or Priority.
    I ship First Class International and even though I am not able to use PayPals Label Printing for that, I can still type in the number in the Mark As Shipped.
    All priority packages have tracking provided free of charge with insurance [up to a certain amount is free]. A custom tag # does nothing for tracking. Just proves you mailed it. Check USPS site.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    All priority packages have tracking provided free of charge with insurance [up to a certain amount is free]. A custom tag # does nothing for tracking. Just proves you mailed it. Check USPS site.
    I thought it was just flat rate PM international that have tracking/insurance. As far as I know, regular PM does not have these extras.

x

All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    I have and watched a 1st class package leave the country, arrive at customs, clear customs, go out for delivery and arrive at destination.
    I do believe that some countries aren't very good about scanning the customs tag though and that is usually the problem. A lot of them aren't very reliable. The package I did watch online was one going to the Netherlands.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sent a package First Class Registered to UK last month and the tracking # only told me it arrived in the UK - nothing else.

x

All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like I said, the tags are supposed to be scanned and I find very few that are. Seems like it is too much trouble for many countries to do. I have even found tracking numbers here in the states that the carriers don't even bother scanning. But hey, they are going to raise rates again! They need money for all that "work" they do.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I thought it was just flat rate PM international that have tracking/insurance. As far as I know, regular PM does not have these extras.

x
    Regular PM has those extras.

Like I said, the tags are supposed to be scanned and I find very few that are. Seems like it is too much trouble for many countries to do. I have even found tracking numbers here in the states that the carriers don't even bother scanning. But hey, they are going to raise rates again! They need money for all that "work" they do.
    If you're getting 'tags' scanned, you're very lucky indeed. I assume you are referring to the green labels affixed to packages, if not, I'm not sure what tags you're referring to. I have asked many times at the PO if custom green tags were scanned and they have always told me no, that it is only proof of shipping.

As for tracking #s being scanned in the states, I guess I'm just lucky. All mine have been scanned. As for the ones going out of country, the only ones I've had problems with is Canada. But since I have insurance on packages, if buyer claims not delivered, the Canadian PO and US PO will check it out to see if it was truly delivered.

Tracking with PO around the world is tricking as not all post offices have the same software or facility to scan the parcels that is why the Royal Mail advise that most international tracking only tell you when the package leaves the country.
    I agree that now that Feebay are buyer bias i have had an increse of people advising that it has not arrived even when the item has been sent tracked and i have proof of del it makes me peed off that people can try and claim that and if i am not careful greedbay can side with these lets face it crooks.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Thread Information