Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having trouble getting their listings up

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Send is a screencast if you can using Jing to show us exactly what is happening.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza
    I am a computer numpty who does not know how to use Jing.
    I just did a listing, clicked it to go live, it went to the catagory page, when I clicked the back button it goes back to the beginning, all the listing I did as disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Still getting this coming up as well when clicking post.
    Do you know what the token is?

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error
    Oh, I think that means that your computer is not allowing data to pass thru because of popup blocks, extra security or even if you have the acceleration set too high. Or even if you have ebid blocked as a secure site and must add it to list of allowed sites.

Check your set up and if you can't find something along those lines and if you still have a problem, get a hold of your provider and ask for suggestions on what to do. Its a common problem that is a setting or security problem. I get it every once and a while when MSN decides to change all the security settings.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Gazza
    I am a computer numpty who does not know how to use Jing.
    I just did a listing, clicked it to go live, it went to the catagory page, when I clicked the back button it goes back to the beginning, all the listing I did as disappeared.
    mmm, this is odd because you do have auctions up already and they worked fine. Something changed. You are going everything exactly the same as when you listed other items? No new browser, no new template programs, no changes at all?

The only thing I see on your listings that is odd is that the int'l portion refuses to calculate postage for me. Its like that part of your present listings is not working correctly. I have seen that same little glitch when other people have listing problems. Not sure what it means or if it just a coincidence.

What you talked about here can happen when you use the backbutton of your computer when listing. Never do that. You should only use the ebid buttons or the item gets erased as it is not saved yet, just a temporary file. I have done that more than I will admit to anyone (my IBM thinkpad has a backbutton in lower right hand side and I have clicked it and erased everything)!

I am stumped, anyone else got any ideas?

Forum Posts

vBulletin Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    mmm, this is odd because you do have auctions up already and they worked fine. Something changed. You are going everything exactly the same as when you listed other items? No new browser, no new template programs, no changes at all?

The only thing I see on your listings that is odd is that the int'l portion refuses to calculate postage for me. Its like that part of your present listings is not working correctly. I have seen that same little glitch when other people have listing problems. Not sure what it means or if it just a coincidence.

What you talked about here can happen when you use the backbutton of your computer when listing. Never do that. You should only use the ebid buttons or the item gets erased as it is not saved yet, just a temporary file. I have done that more than I will admit to anyone (my IBM thinkpad has a backbutton in lower right hand side and I have clicked it and erased everything)!

I am stumped, anyone else got any ideas?
    Delta

Thanks for trying to help.

I have managed to get approx 500 listings up with no problems.
    The problem as only occured in the last few days.

I managed to get one new listing on with no problems.
    I then edited a live listing, clicked saved, got a message something about no listing maybe over 75 days, hit the back button, saved listing goes on this time.

Only problem was it went from Gallery to Feature & 1st bid, with me getting stung with a feature fee of a Quid.

The only changes I am now aware of are windows Vista upgrades in the last few days.

Dont know if that could have anything to do with the problem as I am a computer numpty.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds like a problem with your browser. Check with Chrome and IE to enable us to focus the problem on FF.

Thx.
    G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information