Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greeting Cards Sales

Forum Lurker
    View PC5303's Feedback (+119)
    All-About PC5303
    View PC5303's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Greeting Cards Sales

Just want to test the water to find out if those of you selling greeting cards are having much success

On ebay my sales are quite regular but the fees are high so ive been looking for another auction site.

Ive been on this site for 4 weeks now and have only sold 3 cards the site itself is very good the fees are ok and the forums are friendly and much better than ebay.

I just wonder how productive this site is and are poeple buying on here. If you are having success with your cards? if you are would you be willing to share your tips:

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/MLPHOTOS

Thanks

Mark

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

My tip - add more of those lovely cards.......maybe tell the kind of postage discount you'd give for multiple purchases, and perhaps rethink the catagories you have the cards in. Maybe it's all that's available...I don't know. I do word searches myself, so don't pay too much attention to catagories, but did I see sewing related to the cards?? I'll go back and look. You have wonderful cards and photos...good eye!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps try them in Occasional and Seasonal.....I think I'd look for cards there more than in crafts.....imho.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bautifull cards!!
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Hi Mark, beautiful cards. And having 3 sales and only being here a month is ok and a good start. The cards are beautiful, and listings look great. You might need a few tweeks to get the sales coming in now.

I don't sell cards, but I sell here. I checked out your cards:

Hate to say it, I think your cards are not priced high enough. My suggestion would be to price them a smidge lower than prices in store. Here in US cards average $4.99. People do gauge value and quality by price, i.e. a quality card should be $3.99 to $5.99, not $1.

And of course for google exposure, ya heard this before, the more items the better. ebid downloads everything, but google is random. Could be only one card comes up in searches. Best to have more items for more sales.

Another thought, how about selling collections of your cards, 5,7, 9 in a pack? It would increase your listings and would be tempting to people if the price was $5.99, 7.99, 9.99 with fair shipping. Who can't use multiples of pretty cards?

And you know the other tips, hold a sale via your banner and invite old customers to come buy here too.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Forum Lurker
    All-About PC5303
    View PC5303's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Hate to say it, I think your cards are not priced high enough. My suggestion would be to price them a smidge lower than prices in store. Here in US cards average $4.99. People do gauge value and quality by price, i.e. a quality card should be $3.99 to $5.99, not $1.
    Thanks for the tips. I was wondering if my prices were to low just wanted to start making a name for myself on here and thought that by keeping the price low id get more sales. Now that you meention it you are right so I will increase the price slightly and see how this goes.

Thank you
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by PC5303 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I was wondering if my prices were to low just wanted to start making a name for myself on here and thought that by keeping the price low id get more sales. Now that you meention it you are right so I will increase the price slightly and see how this goes.

Thank you
    Mark

And I know it sounds terrible to tell someone to raise prices in this economy, but it is troublesome when the quality is so good and the price so low. It makes the quality look bad, which it is not.

Know what you mean, you don't want to overcharge and not get the business off the ground. But I think you can get attention and do it not with a few items at low price, but by drawing more buyers in with a variety of items and prices, and the appearance of a fully stocked card store.

ie. right now its awkward to just in and up all the prices. But if you go in and rearrangement things, add auction option to some (dif price), add packages of cards (new price), add different sizes of photos, add maybe an enlargement of photo with some cards (one to send one to keep), it will look like you restocked and rearranged and made things very interesting. Not like you went in and doubled prices on things that have been there for a month. And you can test to see how things work this way. See if packages sell, if 12x14" photos sell, not 9x12" or whatever.

Also add a deal like free shipping second item. That ups the ante a bit too (I always offer that and sell lots of doubles). They look, its all different and unusual from last week. Then they see free shipping (domestic of course) if they buy two.

Keep adding items every couple of days too. Keep them looking back and seeing what is different. That makes sales too.

I think what you are doing is very exciting and there are so many options for your cards and photos. Good luck.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to see some of your lovely photos in larger sizes so they could go on the wall.

I love sitting looking at pics of sunsets etc hanging on walls - so serene!
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Lurker
    All-About PC5303
    View PC5303's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    I would like to see some of your lovely photos in larger sizes so they could go on the wall.

I love sitting looking at pics of sunsets etc hanging on walls - so serene!
    Hi Irene

Just for your info I do have larger size prints available normal picture size I do is:

6 x 4 inch
    7 x 5 inch
    10 x 8 inch
    12 x 16 inch
    12 x 18 inch

I can also do larger canvas and gifts.

I just havent had the time yet to upload everything but I will do very soon. If you want to know more then please contact me.

Regards
    Mark

Thread Information