Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Somebody meddling with my account?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Somebody meddling with my account?

Just now I tried to logo onto the main eBid site (us.ebid.net) and received the message that my email address needs to be verified. I have not changed it in the entire term of my eBid membership, nor have I changed it just now.

My email address received a message to the effect of "did you want to change your email address and if not, please reply here..."

with a link that is dead. So I wrote directly to support@ebid.net and am now awaiting reply. At the moment, I can't log onto eBid proper. I put up four listings just eight hours ago with no problem logging on.

Somehow it seems fishy to me. Any other related information out there? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Just now I tried to logo onto the main eBid site (us.ebid.net) and received the message that my email address needs to be verified. I have not changed it in the entire term of my eBid membership, nor have I changed it just now.

My email address received a message to the effect of "did you want to change your email address and if not, please reply here..."

with a link that is dead. So I wrote directly to support@ebid.net and am now awaiting reply. At the moment, I can't log onto eBid proper. I put up four listings just eight hours ago with no problem logging on.

Somehow it seems fishy to me. Any other related information out there? Thank you.
    I think you get that message, if your ISP or other mail provider has been bouncing eBid emails.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 28th February 2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Gothicina. Yes, part of the message eBid sent me was that it looked like to them that their messages might be going to my spam bucket, or that my mailbox is full. Neither seem to be the case, at least what's visible to me. I requested a new password per eBid's procedure and after more than an hour, haven't received a message about that.

Still unable to log on to my account on the selling & buying side. I feel very hampered. Maybe something will jar loose overnight I HOPE.

I presume you have a ticket number. If so send Mark a PM with ticket number it could speed things up.

Or email support (reply to ticket) and escalate to FAO Gazza or Mark.

Thanks, Gothicina. Yes, part of the message eBid sent me was that it looked like to them that their messages might be going to my spam bucket, or that my mailbox is full. Neither seem to be the case, at least what's visible to me. I requested a new password per eBid's procedure and after more than an hour, haven't received a message about that.

Still unable to log on to my account on the selling & buying side. I feel very hampered. Maybe something will jar loose overnight I HOPE.
    If there are problems your end, you may not have received a reply because of them. If you don't hear back soon, a PM to Mark, should at least give you an answer you can see.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting, but frustrating. I woke up this morning to two messages from ebid support team:

First,

Hi TexasAda,

Your account has been re-activated.

Please ensure you follow our posting rules as found in the Helpdesk area to ensure your account isn't reviewed again.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team
    Second,
    Hi TexasAda

> I still can't log on to my eBid account. I even tried to apply for a new password but did NOT get an email giving it. I am now and have always had email address xxxxxxxxxxx.com for my TexasAda account and would rather not change my email address nor password but can use a new password if necessary. However, as i said, I haven't received any email stating a new password. I am beginning to suspect that your messages to me are being waylaid somewhere, never to arrive. Thank you. Texas Ada

Thanks for your email.

Please try to login now.
    If you have any problems,please contact us and we will assist.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team
    but i STILL can't log on. Thank you Sarah and Gothicina for the suggestions. I will send another email to support telling them I can't log on even though my account has been reactivated. By the way, if you search for me, does my name have a line through it? I can't thnk that I've broken any eBid rules in my listings. Thank you.

Interesting, but frustrating. I woke up this morning to two messages from ebid support team:

First,

Second,

but i STILL can't log on. Thank you Sarah and Gothicina for the suggestions. I will send another email to support telling them I can't log on even though my account has been reactivated. By the way, if you search for me, does my name have a line through it? I can't thnk that I've broken any eBid rules in my listings. Thank you.
    No not scrolled out, I checked the other day and it was not scrolled out then either
    Name:  texas.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  34.2 KB

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Happy to report I'm up and running again. Thank you Gothicina and Sarah for the suggestions. After several back and forth emails between me and support, I was able to reset my password (put it to my same old one) and that did it. EXCELLENT feeling about eBid management & ownership continues.

Thread Information