Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts by a new member

Quote Originally Posted by shallowpool View Post
    I'm new to eBid but have been on the other site for 10 years, I'd forgotten what it was like to wait for that all important 1st feedback, my 1st purchase here reminded me (as a newbie it's so important).

I craftily chose packaging, inexpensive and with this in the listing-
    feedback
    We will submit positive feedback on buyers upon successful checkout completion.
    Well paid immediately by P/Pal and nothing, sent a message the next day asking if I had done everything ok as I was new to eBid, response next day was yes and item on way(so knew there wasn't a problem preventing fb being left). I've also sent another message today as item was received thanking them, still nothing.

My point really is new buyers need encouragement.
    Shallow,
    Because of the "culture" on that other auction site unfortunately some sellers (wherever they are) don't leave fb for their buyers until the buyer has left +fb for them.
    In spite of everything said on the forums over there, when I was selling there and whereever I sell now, I will always leave fb for my buyer once they've paid (or rather same or next day when their purchase is ready for despatch). As far as I am concerned, the buyer has met his/her obligations once he/she has paid. If the item were to go astray/get damaged in the post, I hope the buyer will contact me first and gives me the chance to sort things before leaving neg fb. In nearly 8000 transactions this attitude has only backfired a couple of times.
    On the other hand, I don't hesitate to leave neg fb for non payers and/or peeps, who ask me if they can pay by a different method from those that are stated in my auctions and then wish to cancel the transaction if I say NO - unfortunately that leads to the odd negative retaliatory fb.

I noticed you've imported your fb from over there - just relax about it.
    Accept the fact that sales are not as quick here as "there". List as much as you can and the sales will come.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can see your point crafty. If the seller states they will leave f/b after checkout then they should do so. Maybe you should point out the sellers error in an email.

I leave f/b after I have sent the package if I have spoken to the seller on the forums. If it's someone I don't know then I will leave f/b after I believe they have received the package.

I think that as it's not obligitory for a buyer to leave f/b eBid should acknowledge the seller in some way as RonOne suggests.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

I hate feedback.

I hate receiving feedback reminders.

I have NEVER sent a feedback reminder to anyone - on any site, in all the years I have been selling online. (this could explain why I only get feedback on around 33% of sales)

I sell items - not feedback.
    I send an email thanking them for payment and their custom, and let them know when item is sent out.

Buyer buys items - not feedback.

If someone wants to leave it - then it is their choice.

If someone doesnt want to leave it - then it is their choice.

When I purchase an item, I leave it purely to let the seller know the item has arrived. I do not follow this up with a request for them to do the same - that is up to them, and I see no reason why I should ask them to do it)

Once every couple of weeks I update all feedback across all sites I use for those that have sent it.

Simples.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 27th February 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View shallowpool's Feedback (+825)
    All-About shallowpool
    View shallowpool's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well Huddylion,
    "I leave feedback when I have been paid and my feedback is from ebid and no-where else"

If that was a dig I felt no pain but have a large bruise.

I know it's controversial to transport feedback but I'm sure it's been well thought out. If you were a carp seller on another site with carp feedback you wouldn't move it. It has to be a win win situation for eBid, only people with good F/B will be moving it and these are the people they want. It will be off putting for people to start again from zero. Admiration for all of you who have earned all feedback here though.

RonOne
    "It is a courtesy & good manners to leave feedback for a buyer,
    it is not an obligation for a buyer to leave feedback".

IMO it's courtesy and good manners for both.
    Buddy points, no idea about those yet.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shallowpool View Post
    Buddy points, no idea about those yet.
    You get buddy points from feedback received and with 817 feedback you must have quite a few buddy points.

I just checked and your feedback isn't all from eBid.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by tizme View Post
    You get buddy points from feedback received and with 817 feedback you must have quite a few buddy points.
    Dont you just get those for ebid feedback?

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Dont you just get those for ebid feedback?
    yes mags, I edited my post. I misread the thread as it wasn't in quotes Yep, I know its late and the vino is probably taking effect. (or is it affect?) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tizme View Post
    yes mags, I edited my post
    Phew - almost made me import 18,300 feedback!

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Phew - almost made me import 18,300 feedback!
    In 2050 I might have 18,000 f/b

I hate feedback.

I hate receiving feedback reminders.

I have NEVER sent a feedback reminder to anyone - on any site, in all the years I have been selling online. (this could explain why I only get feedback on around 33% of sales)

I sell items - not feedback.
    I send an email thanking them for payment and their custom, and let them know when item is sent out.

Buyer buys items - not feedback.

If someone wants to leave it - then it is their choice.

If someone doesnt want to leave it - then it is their choice.

When I purchase an item, I leave it purely to let the seller know the item has arrived. I do not follow this up with a request for them to do the same - that is up to them, and I see no reason why I should ask them to do it)

Once every couple of weeks I update all feedback across all sites I use for those that have sent it.

Simples.
    I agree with you as far as receiving reminders is concerned. If I've chosen not to leave fb, there probably is a reason and a reminder might just trigger a neg for my trading partner. (has actually happened twice now). Whereas, I might not have quite wanted to leave a neg/non 100% fb, a reminder might just have made up my mind for me!

Again, when I purchase something, I will let the seller know through fb that I've received the item.

However, I don't agree with your last sentence: "Once every couple of weeks I update all feedback across all sites I use for those that have sent it."
    I think every buyer deserves their fb, once they've paid in a timely manner.

Thread Information