eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: listing problem

Forum Newbie
    All-About trapperdave
    View trapperdave's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy listing problem

i tried listing some booksusing the pre filled option but some wanted a genre but i can't choose anything it does not give that option it just says please choose in the box....any help would be appreciated

Forum Newbie
    View BigBarnRed's Feedback (+420)
    All-About BigBarnRed
    View BigBarnRed's Listings
    Forum Posts

I keep running into the same problem. I get a pop up box saying the genre must be more than one letter, yet it doesn't allow me to type anything in the box. The box only has a drop down option of "please choose one," but there is nothing to choose.

I am finding eBid listing features to be very primitive and not user-friendly at all. Nothing seems to be working properly and as a result, listing items is taking far too long. Ninja Lister (NL) is nowhere near functional that I can tell. I tried it out twice with 4 listings and according to NL, they uploaded successfully - to where I don't know. They sure as heck didn't show up anywhere on eBid or in my bulk uploads. So I guess they are floating around in some great abyss somewhere. Glad I only did 4 and not 40!

I am getting very discouraged. I have so much to list, but it's going at a snail's pace. And it seems anytime I make a change to my store, it disappears completely. My store is there one day and gone the next. What's up with that?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It might help if you both post your problems to the website glitches forum where admin are more likely to see them and respond accordingly.

x

OK first off- a few suggestions (not anything to fix the listing issues, but I'll have a peek and see if I can duplicate what you're seeing)

1) - All your listings are "Run Til Sold" - this is non-ideal, if you want traffic and exposure, as these will *never* float up to the top of listings for people to see them. I'd recommend setting your listings for 10 days, and auto-repost 10 times - that gives you 100 days for the listings to run with no trouble..

and 2- You can import your FeeBay feedback - Go to My Feedback, and click the Import Feedback tab , sign up at Repatoo and get all your listing venues included on it , then submit the feedback import request form (make sure your ebid feedback is on there too ) - that will get you at least your feedback score (not the comments, however)

As for the "Genre" - are you by some chance using the "Standard Way" , and confusing it with "Generic" ?

In the meantime, I seem to be hitting a "hang up" when testing listing a book by using pre-filled info, at the moment - trying to search by ISBN for the pre-filled item info..

so far have not yet gotten to a point where it asks for Genre..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    ...so far have not yet gotten to a point where it asks for Genre..
    The only place I can see a Genre selection is when adding detaisl to the database for an item that is not found in it. Both the genre and sub-genre list are filled.

Attachment 15330

Forum Newbie
    All-About BigBarnRed
    Forum Posts

Thanks Ideal for all the great info. This newbie appreciates it! Something I noticed when listing books and adding stock photos of my own to eBids database is that when my free listing gets posted, there is no camera icon indicating I have a photo. I will have to mention it to admin. I feel if I am using my own photos to help them build their database, I ought to at least get the camera icon. Until this problem is corrected, I've stopped adding to their database so that the icon appears.

Forum Newbie
    All-About BigBarnRed
    Forum Posts

I am encountering the genre problem when trying to list books.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBarnRed View Post
    I am encountering the genre problem when trying to list books.

Might not have anything to do with problem, but looking at your about me page is giving me strings of code instead of a barn picture and there is another string of code on bottom of page too. Listings look ok.

Forum Newbie
    All-About BigBarnRed
    Forum Posts

Thanks Delta. I think I fixed the picture. The other code was for my feedback. I signed up with Repatoo as Ideal suggested, but I can't seem to get the link to show up like he did on his About Me Page. It just keeps showing up in code. Ideal, where are you? I need your expertise, please!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBarnRed View Post
    Thanks Delta. I think I fixed the picture. The other code was for my feedback. I signed up with Repatoo as Ideal suggested, but I can't seem to get the link to show up like he did on his About Me Page. It just keeps showing up in code. Ideal, where are you? I need your expertise, please!
    To insert your repatoo code - you need to use the text based html editor option instead ..

Hmm I had a post written up somewhere showing step by step exactly how to do that using the WYSIWYG editor ... cant seem to find it at the moment..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information