Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: missing auctions!!

Hi Ideal,
    No idea what a csv download is (maybe I should google it) but what I do is to open my Auctions I'm Running, then go to File, click Save As, and save file as the default which in this case was *.mht I choose a folder to save in and save it. Is this the same as you do, or am I going about it the wrong way ?

Best Regards..........John

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just noticed, but it may have happened a while back due to other committments, that all my artwork listings have been taken out, none of which had any duplicate listings as they were all unique. there was not a lot of them, but it looks as if i will have to dig all the artwork out again to ensure correct photos are taken again and the listings redone, they were all on a 10day auction after first bid type of listing. just wondering if anyone else has had some of thier listings removed for no apparent reason?

reason not been here for a while is mainly due to computer/connection issues.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kait View Post
    I have just noticed, but it may have happened a while back due to other committments, that all my artwork listings have been taken out, none of which had any duplicate listings as they were all unique. there was not a lot of them, but it looks as if i will have to dig all the artwork out again to ensure correct photos are taken again and the listings redone, they were all on a 10day auction after first bid type of listing. just wondering if anyone else has had some of thier listings removed for no apparent reason?

Without more information, and perhaps a sample one put back to look at, it's impossible to say why they've gone. There are a variety of possible reasons. Maybe wrong category? Did they contain links to elsewhere? Your phone number? We can only guess wildly at this stage, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by kait View Post

I think on first bid listings only stay listed for a limited time, 180 days springs to mind.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Without more information, and perhaps a sample one put back to look at, it's impossible to say why they've gone. There are a variety of possible reasons. Maybe wrong category? Did they contain links to elsewhere? Your phone number? We can only guess wildly at this stage, I'm afraid.
    There was no external links on the pages, and were in the correct categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I think on first bid listings only stay listed for a limited time, 180 days springs to mind.
    strange unless the listing times have been changed recently, these have been listed for some time, and quite a bit longer than the 180 days you mention. but were on a run until sold option also..

anyway thanks for input though, will just need to find the time now to relist again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfiremk2 View Post
    Hi Ideal,
    No idea what a csv download is (maybe I should google it) but what I do is to open my Auctions I'm Running, then go to File, click Save As, and save file as the default which in this case was *.mht I choose a folder to save in and save it. Is this the same as you do, or am I going about it the wrong way ?
    CSV stands for Comma Separated Values. A .csv file is a text file, so one of its uses is it makes it easy to compare old text with new if you have two such files.

As IdealProducts said, WinMerge is wonderful for such comparisons. If you're not using Windows, on Linux there are various programs such as KDiff3, Kompare and Meld all with nice intuitive GUI look, or for command line diehards, 'diff'.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information