Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: missing auctions!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    For those removed automatically by system, we get nothing but missing items!

But I agree with you, we all get a bit lazy. A little investigating on our side of things goes far in helping ebid to determine what is wrong.
    The problem is that support wants an example listing number for any request we make. If I knew the listing number, I wouldn't need any help. That's the whole point.

And I don't see why they need an example for this problem. Just add a snippet of code to the robot that deletes listings and generate an email to the seller with the auction ID number. I'd be perfectly happy with "Auction ID 12345678 has been deleted." I don't need to know the reason. I'll figure it out.

If eBid wants to get the total valid listing count up, I would think they would make it easier for sellers to salvage all the work we put into creating them.

And of course this doesn't answer a question I've asked before. Why are so many sellers allowed to have duplicate listings, even in the cases where I've reported them several times? Apparently, if someone is dropshipping thousands of items, the rules don't apply. This is not my imagination, I just checked one of them and all their duplicates are still there.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just finished going through my saved listings from Jan 4 and comparing them to what is left, - minus what has been sold, + what I have added since

I have 279 missing. All their pictures are missing from 'my gallery'. That's 279 items I have to dig out just to photo again.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    I just finished going through my saved listings from Jan 4 and comparing them to what is left, - minus what has been sold, + what I have added since

I have 279 missing. All their pictures are missing from 'my gallery'. That's 279 items I have to dig out just to photo again.
    This is a good example of what's wrong with the current system. I doubt if the pictures disappeared instantly. If you had been notified, you would probably have had time to salvage them. And that's 279 perfectly valid listings, with one mistake in them, that could have been fixed quickly.

Wrong category? "Unused" or "New" when it should have been "Used"? Duplicate title? These are all easy mistakes to make when using the "List Similar" option. I have also wondered if listings get deleted when category changes are made. If our listing is no longer in the proper subcategory because a new one has been added, does it get deleted?

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

The only 'mistake' is that they hadn't sold and had been listed for about 500 days
    My clutter

I've found two of our missing auctions. They were NOT deleted. They were closed after running 30 days. But, they did not go into our Unsold page, so became invisible. I opened another thread reporting the problem.

I found them by entering the ID numbers from our spreadsheet. At this rate it will take me about two months to find them all. I'm hoping support can identify them and put them in the Unsold page.

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

I got a response from support

They could send me a list of everything I listed in previous years
    I don't think that helps any to know what I still actually had of what was listed back then
    That does nothing to restore the pictures for these listings that they deleted from the server
    My clutter

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

Just had two more items disappear off my unsold list before I could relist them

This is far more than annoying
    My clutter

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Yup. do a "Before" snapshot just after all your auctions are listed (csv download)

and then when you have a problem with missing items, take an "after" snapshot /csv download
    This of course will help in the future. I downloaded all our listings, converted to an Excel file, hoping I could sort by auction ID number, sort our inventory Excel file by auction ID number, and figure it out that way. Unfortunately, the download has everything EXCEPT the auction ID number. The titles are not going to be the same because we usually have to edit them down to fit in the eBid header, and there's probably no other column I could sort that would give a side-by-side match.

I can't find anything that would download all our current listings WITH the auction ID number. Does anyone know if there is some way to do that?

So this is a glitch that dumps unsold listings for some reason but does not really dump them, they just do not go into the unsolds. They float? But you can pull up a listing if you have the number? Yikes, I am afraid to look.

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

No, it's worse than that
    My clutter

Thread Information