Thread: missing auctions!!

Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View chrislight99's Feedback (+10340)
    All-About chrislight99
    View chrislight99's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy missing auctions!!

My auction total has suddenly dropped from around 800 to 450!! I checked the closed listings and have about 35 there. They are missing from a variety of headings, mainly in the collectables sections.
    as you can imagine this represents a lot of work to even think of trying to list them all once more. can they be recovered please!

*sweating*
    My lots of: stamps, cards, and similar: http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

I'm guessing but were the titles exactly the same?

The only way to get them back would be to contact HQ support@ebid.tv

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can see these are two different items

You can see these are two different items

The software here can't
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post

The software here can't
    Hence why I guessed at them being duplicate titles as the reason for deletion

Agree. This has been discussed in the forums any times. Before jumping into listing a lot, it is good to review to find out what you can or can't do. Wrong category or duplicate of titles gets items pulled.

My only suggestion is to look in your unsolds. If they came up for relisting once, a copy might be in there.

Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View chrislight99's Feedback (+10340)
    All-About chrislight99
    View chrislight99's Listings
    Forum Posts

no lots contravened any rules and they are not in the closed section ready to be relisted. I have mailed support as I am wondering whether there is a server fault that would account for the missing lots. Is any one else facing the same poblems?
    I'm looking at hours and hours and hours of work to list them once more......
    My lots of: stamps, cards, and similar: http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrislight99 View Post
    no lots contravened any rules and they are not in the closed section ready to be relisted. I have mailed support as I am wondering whether there is a server fault that would account for the missing lots. Is any one else facing the same poblems?
    I'm looking at hours and hours and hours of work to list them once more......
    You're saying that there's no possibility at all that any of your listings could have given the mistaken impression they were duplicates, because they had identical titles? Sorry, but isn't that a bit unlikely given the posts above and the fact of your stuff being removed?

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post

The software here can't
    What happens if you do put duplicate titled items up as in this example, do they just get closed or do they get deleted

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    What happens if you do put duplicate titled items up as in this example, do they just get closed or do they get deleted
    Depends, They can be closed, deleted or even your account can get suspended or even banned for good. So it's not a good idea to try and ignore the rule

The problems is its not just a case of ignoring the rule, I can see why this rule is in place to stop sellers filling up a category with loads of the same thing, but there should really be some leeway
    For instance I have thousands of postcards to list when NL is sorted out and because they have been typed in over a period of time there are bound to be some with the same title, as in the previous example by Terry 5732.
    Before listing them on here I could put them in alphabetical order and sort out any duplicate titles and amend them to be slightly different.
    But when typing in new ones it would mean before typing each new one in checking all of the listings to make sure nothing was duplicated
    I know there is a programme that finds the duplicates on this site but it ought to be programmed to warn a seller first of all that they have duplicate listings up and to do something about it and then if they are still there after a while, delete them then
    Phil

Thread Information