Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Items Reappearing

Forum Newbie
    View glasslass98's Feedback (+1125)
    All-About glasslass98
    View glasslass98's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Deleted Items Reappearing

I run several online auctions and stores. Recently I sold a item on another site. so I went through all my stores and auctions and deleted the item out so it could not be bought by another buyer. For some reason it did reappear on Ebid and another buyer bought it. Has this happened to anyone else??? So I am now doing a edit of SOLD OUT or OUT OF STOCK before I delete out my sold item so this will not happen again. It was not my fault and I hope I do not get a bad feedback since I refunded the buyer his money since the item was no longer available. There is a glitch somewhere in the system and needs to be addressed.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought that was happening. I am putting all of my auctions on the new template as they come up for relisting. and deleting the old ones, but the old ones keep relisting as well. I know I am hitting the delete button and I am not hitting the relist button.
    Yes it is happening with me as well.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If either of you post actual auction IDs of those that have gone wrong it will help eBid enormously.

perhaps make sure auto_repost is unticked and also set auto_repost times to 0 while you're editing... ?
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Diehard
    All-About islandbuckman
    Forum Posts

I go to my unsold list and redo the auction on the new template and post it. I then go back into my unsold list and click on delete for that auction only. I know that the repost button is not activated. I will write down any auctions #s I am doing that to and check for them later. They don't seem to post right away. I thought I was doing something wrong or that I was seeing things. My brain use to work pretty good, but not any more. So I question if I actually did or saw or didn't do as I really don't remember if i did do or saw or didn't do what I thought I did? Does that make sense?

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a wanted that ended a long time ago come back a few mins ago, it was showing in sellers other items and clicking on it took me to http://uk.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?...890&mo=auction

lots of things are missing from it and though it is not there now this is where I got it from http://uk.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?...343&mo=auction
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    I go to my unsold list and redo the auction on the new template and post it. I then go back into my unsold list and click on delete for that auction only. I know that the repost button is not activated. I will write down any auctions #s I am doing that to and check for them later. They don't seem to post right away. I thought I was doing something wrong or that I was seeing things. My brain use to work pretty good, but not any more. So I question if I actually did or saw or didn't do as I really don't remember if i did do or saw or didn't do what I thought I did? Does that make sense?
    I know you think you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you think you heard me say may not be what I really meant?

hehe

Yeah - I have that problem too - most often , the first time I try something and then realize *after the fact* that there might have been a bug or something didnt work right, I can never remember exactly how I did things..

Then I go and try to duplicate it ,, I note every step I take, step by step,, and VOILA! the bug doesnt repeat .. Grrr! (although, every once in a great while, it DOES repeat..)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just got a notice of a closed 'wanted' that closed some time ago and then came back.

also got the same wanted closure notice when it closed before and a few days ago the wanted reappeared in 'other items from this seller' or whatever at the bottom of a listing
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_iron_dwarf View Post
    I have just got a notice of a closed 'wanted' that closed some time ago and then came back.

also got the same wanted closure notice when it closed before and a few days ago the wanted reappeared in 'other items from this seller' or whatever at the bottom of a listing
    Have you put in a support ticket for this yet, and supplied relevant auction IDs?

Forum Diehard
    All-About islandbuckman
    Forum Posts

I now have some auction numbers for the "BOYS"
    # 21023247

These auctions were in my "ended" list.
    I did not repost the auctions.
    I put in new auctions for these items using my new template. I then went back to the original ended items list and "deleted" them one at a time. Meaning I did not check the boxes for a group delete, rather I clicked on the word delete and then deleted each auction one at a time. After doing this the auctions disappeared from my "ended" list.
    They were deleted / posted yesterday. Today, the new auctions are there as well as the old deleted auctions..

Thread Information