My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NL has stopped uploading??????

We have just uploaded a test auction from Ninja Lister without a problem.

If you are still having problems, can you contact support via the 'Contact
    us' tab in the 'Help' section.

Please provide as much information as possible and if a file of the attempted upload could be attached this would be useful.

Hmm I seem to be hitting this now too..

Is there some reason why NL would not connect?

I have 9 auctions in my Good To Go Bucket , I click on the good to go button and click "Upload Good to Go Auctions" and it pops up the message box "You are about to upload 9 auctions to eBid, click OK to continue, click cancel to go back" - I click on "ok" and that popup closes, but nothing happens, appears no connection is made...

it doesn't seem to want to connect..

Exited NL and tried again, same results

Hmm OK just now got a little pop up saying Adobe Air has an update... so I am guessing it is 0.96 now .. gonna exit NL and hope and pray that my last hour and a half of work is not wiped out.. hehe

EDIT***********

OK - the AIR was just AIR update, not an NL update.. no biggie..

Closed and re-opened again and tried again, no joy.

Noticed that one of my listings had an identical title to the other one, thought maybe NL was doing some checks beforehand to prevent dupes, so I edited that, and noticed it ALSO had a too-long title , shortened that up,
    Tried again, no upload .. checked and shortened other titles , still no joy ..

Finally, I started removing auctions from the GTG bucket one by one and attempt an upload after each removal, I got down to 4 auctions and then it would upload the 4..

Now I just need to see what is different or incorrect with the 5th one (the last one removed) and see if I can figure out why it was killing the upload..

Really does kinda suck not having error messages

Will post back when I figure this one out.

OK.. strange... added the first 4 to gtg bucket and tried those- they went through.. then added the *single* auction that *seemed* to be the problem, and that went too, with no problems, so it appears to be some sort of intermittent issue.. Would be good to know if the programming logic does any checks on the listings in the GTG bucket before doing an upload -

If not, then it appears to be an intermittent issue (hate those..) that seems to be solved by removing auctions one by one until an upload finally goes through .. (or, it was just a network or connection issue, perhaps?) hopefully we'll be able to troubleshoot this at some point..

Oh well..
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 12th February 2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Seems you have had the same problem as me..identical...

I will try what you tried with single listing - see what happens..This is soooooooo frustrating

BTW....I found meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..lol

and yes to whoever worked out that...I was temptationfor the first 2 yrs..and temptations for the last 5 yrs...

Amazing what problems a darn "S" can do..lmao

Just to let you know Mark..That I have tried listing singularly, and it works...anything more than that no..which defeats the whole purpose of NL..I guess i will have to list one by one till NL fixed

Very Very dissapointed

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    Just to let you know Mark..That I have tried listing singularly, and it works...anything more than that no..which defeats the whole purpose of NL..I guess i will have to list one by one till NL fixed

Very Very dissapointed
    Your account is currently "Buyer". NL uploads are available to Seller+ Lifetime only. You'll need to upgrade to use the NL.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anyone else having a problem? Is the problem the upload isn't taking place or the upload is taking place but only a single auction is being uploaded although there are more in GTG?

Sceencasts will help if you have a spare second. Download Jing to capture your screen activity.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

BTW....I found meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..lol

and yes to whoever worked out that...I was temptationfor the first 2 yrs..and temptations for the last 5 yrs...

Amazing what problems a darn "S" can do..lmao
    With or without the "s",if that picture's of you then I succumb!

Hi Gazza...Seems I am slowly solving all this:

Firstly.I am logged under temptation on the forum here...so if you click my name I am a buyer with no status as such (which is why I said everything dissapeared).

I have since found that all my items are under >>temptations (with an "s") and all is well there. with selller+lifetime status

As for my NL....I can still only load 1 (one) at a time, and occasionally there are items that will not load at all

Attached are my last 13 uploads - One of which will not load.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Gazza...Seems I am slowly solving all this:

Firstly.I am logged under temptation on the forum here...so if you click my name I am a buyer with no status as such (which is why I said everything dissapeared).

I have since found that all my items are under >>temptations (with an "s") and all is well there. with selller+lifetime status

As for my NL....I can still only load 1 (one) at a time, and occasionally there are items that will not load at all

Attached are my last 13 uploads - One of which will not load.
    I may be wrong, but - are they created, or are they edited imports? -

reason I ask- at first, I noticed title seemed to be too long, so I shortened it .. in my case, I was able to upload the first 4 and last 4 of my 9 listings and they went through all at one time.. and then I tried to upload the 5th one (the one that seemed to kill the upload) and that went through too, but I am still a bit suspicious that I may have changed something with it by editing the title ..

been trying ever since to duplicate the glitch , have been unable to with my last 20+ listings so far .. but .. still wondering if the issue might not be some one of the fields is "out of range" = meaning too many characters (description limited to 35K I think and title limited to 55 characters, if I recall.. among other things that come to mind.. )

and BTW I agree with bluebedouin's last comment .. hehe
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

You 2 are so sweet...and yes it's me...ole blue eyes herself

I tried reducing the title on that listing to just 22 characters....Still the same..won't load

Thread Information