eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chapped Hands

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

best thing i have found for lips is Boots protect and perfect 24 hour lip cream..it really does protect them for 24 hours

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shelleywelley View Post
    I usually just use loads of petroleum jelly and a toothbrush to scrub away the dead skin. Probably not the best method but cheap and cheerful.
    Method already been put into action - I'll let you know how I get on!

Craig,
    Both myself and my youngest son suffer from this, but only in cold weather. Given the recent weather conditions, is yours a recent problem or a chronic one? If it's recent, make sure to wear some warm gloves whenever you go out, even if it's only for a few minutes.

As for the chapped lips, which is also a problem for me in cold weather, I use Lipsal before I go out and when I get back in. Also apply it first thing in the morning and just before going to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Booksandstuff View Post
    Craig,
    Both myself and my youngest son suffer from this, but only in cold weather. Given the recent weather conditions, is yours a recent problem or a chronic one? If it's recent, make sure to wear some warm gloves whenever you go out, even if it's only for a few minutes.

As for the chapped lips, which is also a problem for me in cold weather, I use Lipsal before I go out and when I get back in. Also apply it first thing in the morning and just before going to bed.
    Marianne, the chapped, splitting hands is a recent thing, never suffered from it in 33yrs. I am assuming its because we've had a bad winter this year that may have caused it, also I use shops own brand when I can feel my lips going dry, always use strawberry flavour as its a nice taste.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

It can be a little difficult to find cotton gloves -
    most chemists in UK stock these. These keep your hands warm overnight so the cream absorbes into the skin better, same method used with socks for rough feet.

I use Tiger Balm on all my cuts, burns,spots, cold-sores etc and twice a day on my lips. I swear by it for everything. My friend rubs it into her temples for headaches,colds
    Available from health stores.

Also try washing your hands in Sudafed or Aques cream for a while instead of soap, hospitals use this method for people with thin skin who suffere with ulcerated skin.

NOW after all of these suggestions if nothing works - dunno!!
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    It can be a little difficult to find cotton gloves -
    most chemists in UK stock these. These keep your hands warm overnight so the cream absorbes into the skin better, same method used with socks for rough feet.

I use Tiger Balm on all my cuts, burns,spots, cold-sores etc and twice a day on my lips. I swear by it for everything. My friend rubs it into her temples for headaches,colds
    Available from health stores.

Also try washing your hands in Sudafed or Aques cream for a while instead of soap, hospitals use this method for people with thin skin who suffere with ulcerated skin.

NOW after all of these suggestions if nothing works - dunno!!
    I noticed the home improvement stores here sell men's cotton "work gloves", very cheap white cotton things, several pairs to package, that might do the trick and of course look manly. Even the dollar stores have them in the gardening or tool section.

Yeah - but that's USA, I guess .. hehe .. Can also buy them from shipping supplies supplier like ULINE (buy them in bulk lots of 100 or case lots, etc - they are often used in shipping departments for materials handling employees - disposable white cotton gloves ), among other sources.. maybe some enterprising UK ebidder will find a UK source and start listing them on eBid... hehe
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information