eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Site traffic

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Site traffic

With the auction count now seeming to be stuck at powersellers heres another site which makes impresive reading on internet traffic . To be fair I got this off another response to a thread so it isnt my work but it does show positively that ebid is definatly on the rise

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ebid.net

if this has been noted already please accept my apoligies

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great skills Bedel.

I am in New Zealand, and I keep a manual track of some websites and Ebid has gone from rank 18,000 in October to 15,000 now, so it is on the rise.

I really wish they would update their counter.
    Is it that hard ?
    Perhaps we could buy them a calculator
    Or is it that it is hard to count the listings as they are spread over several countries ?
    But then again so will other sites.

One bit of interesting info I have noticed on Powersellersunite Data.
    In January ebay had 32 million listings. It has risen daily and a few days ago was up to 38 million. (this is expected as people would have slowed down over Xmas and be gettng back into listing) But over the last day it has dropped from over 38 and a half million to just over 37 million. That is a huge drop.

I don't know wether it is just a general up and down, or the weekend, or could it be that sellers are finally leaving in large amounts? (instead of saying they are going to leave)

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    But over the last day it has dropped from over 38 and a half million to just over 37 million. That is a huge drop.

I don't know wether it is just a general up and down, or the weekend, or could it be that sellers are finally leaving in large amounts? (instead of saying they are going to leave)
    I doubt that a 2.5% drop in listings means a large number of sellers are leaving them

Over the last couple of weeks we have had a clean out of dead auctions and dropped over 33% of listings.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Don't hold your breath, feebay ain't going to be down any listings for a long time. Even though a lot of small sellers left (and we will never know how many), their places are taken by larger companies who just listed more new stuff.

Their problem will be keeping buyers. Will they want to buy new stuff there or will they follow their sellers out the door? Quirky collectables were what feebay was famous for, now they seem embarrassed by it. Obviously want to get away from it. But will buyers like that?

ebid is more than meeting everyone's expectations. They finished the update, everyone loves it, they cleaned house, and now we are getting more and more sales. I believe we will all have an excellent year here!!!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

yeah but how many listings !
    It is January 8th of Powersellers Unite ?

The actual figures at Alexa mean very little. Their stats are based on site tracking for people who have their toolbar installed and just what percentage of users is that?

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

I disagree, I have Alexa installed.
    It is not supposed to give you a 100 percent accurate idea, but it does give you a comparison.
    It may be skewed towards computer website owners who tend to rely on it.
    And you can watch trends !
    Why do think ebay and now ebid make you log in every day ! ?

I disagree, I have Alexa installed.
    You disagree with what, that not everybody has it installed?

It is not supposed to give you a 100 percent accurate idea, but it does give you a comparison.
    It may be skewed towards computer website owners who tend to rely on it.
    And you can watch trends !
    So what you are saying is that the actual figures mean very little. Hmmm, I wonder where I've read that before?

Why do think ebay and now ebid make you log in every day ! ?
    I've given up trying to work out why Feebay do things; perhaps you have more accurate information or are in a position to know rather than speculate? However, eBid changed their login settings because of feedback from users. Whilst this may or may not also give additional data, it was clearly not the stated reason for the changes.

Thread Information