eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goods not received & unable to contact seller

Forum Newbie
    All-About sand11956
    View sand11956's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Goods not received & unable to contact seller

Im new to ebid and currently wish I hadnt got involved. Does anyone know or have dealings with 'discountcosmetics' in Newcastle under Lyme on this site? I bought and paid for some items over a week ago and have heard from and received nothing since then. I get no response from my emails to the seller's email address which was posted on the invoice I received and I have also been unable to make any sort of contact with eBid for help or advice. My only recourse appears to be to contact Paypal which is how I paid for my goods. Foolishly I thought this buying/selling site was similar to Ebay and even more stupidly, I failed to heed the advice of 'caveat emptor' - although I shall not be so foolish next time.

Hi there,
    Welcome to ebid
    I am sorry to hear your first outing on ebid is so unsatisfactory - the large majority of sellers (and buyers) here are really nice, helpful and friendly people.
    You can contact ebid at support@ebid.co.uk who will be able to help you.
    I do hope this is resolved happily for you - do keep us posted.
    Best wishes .... and please don't give up on ebid yet!

It would appear as though this seller has set up a shop and is no longer running it.

eBid are trying their hardest to find the shops that are no longer operational on here.

It is probably best to try and contact ebid again about this and Paypal will refund your amount no problem.

There are still 1000's of very good sellers on here who offer a great service but it appears you had the the mis-fortune of encountering one who is no longer tending their store on here.

1st Course of action is to leave negative feedback for the seller, this will alert eBid of the sellers actions, then contact eBid aswell on support@eBid.net, thirdly mark the seller as a non performing seller, finally open a dispute in paypal
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

they now have a -1 score

leave that seller a neg to warn others and it will help get them removed

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sand11956 View Post
    Im new to ebid and currently wish I hadnt got involved. Does anyone know or have dealings with 'discountcosmetics' in Newcastle under Lyme on this site? I bought and paid for some items over a week ago and have heard from and received nothing since then. I get no response from my emails to the seller's email address which was posted on the invoice I received and I have also been unable to make any sort of contact with eBid for help or advice. My only recourse appears to be to contact Paypal which is how I paid for my goods. Foolishly I thought this buying/selling site was similar to Ebay and even more stupidly, I failed to heed the advice of 'caveat emptor' - although I shall not be so foolish next time.
    ==================================================

sorry to hear about your problem but , did you wait for an invoice before you paid ? if you thought it was similar to ebay , with the reputation over there , why did you bid and pay ? I think it is support@ebid that will give you help and adice..
    this reply might sound rude , ( it is not meant to be ) but I feel your post is on the rude side...so welcome to eBid...papa.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sand11956
    Forum Posts

many thanks for a kind and helpful response - maybe I will try again one day!

Forum Newbie
    All-About sand11956
    Forum Posts

I dont quite know how these forum type places work as Ive never used one before. But very many thanks to the first four helpful, friendly and positive replies - they certainly have attempted to restore my faith in human nature even if I do have to go through the hassle of claiming a refund from Paypal! As for papagran40 - what can I say? My post was in no way 'rude' but your attitude was very personally so.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    ==================================================

sorry to hear about your problem but , did you wait for an invoice before you paid ? if you thought it was similar to ebay , with the reputation over there , why did you bid and pay ? I think it is support@ebid that will give you help and adice..
    this reply might sound rude , ( it is not meant to be ) but I feel your post is on the rude side...so welcome to eBid...papa.
    Doesn't come across as at all rude to me, just frustrated at having had a failed deal. There's really no reason why newbies *shouldn't* expect one auction site to be much like another. Only with experience do we learn that they all have their own little quirks!

Sadly this is an example as to why eBid needs to do something about the absentee sellers. Buyers making purchases with BIN and paying immediately are vunerable to these dump and run listers.

Please eBid do something with the rest of the absentee dormant shops before eBids reputation is damaged.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information