eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister improvements ONLY - Bugs to go in Glitches forum.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    I am just pointing out that items that collectors buy that can be sent out to be professionally graded,cards coins stamps comic books should have the option of a condition entry before listing item description,it would therefore increase potential buyers to view said items and the more views the more possible sales.
    Why can't you just write your condition in your listing at the top?

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

"condition" referred to here is merely an over-all guideline intended to apply to all things equally.

But all things here are not equal and it is unfair to assume that potential new buyers would have the thoguht not knowing how the site works or the listings of it that it is as you say an over-all guideline
    I am sorry but if I were a new buyer on here I would not see ot think to see it that way,I would not take the time to look at everyone elses listings if I was drawn in here for 1 certain item.

I have already had 2 of my clients from the other place ask me why my items are listed as such which is what prompted me to write this

Not all things on here deserve to fall into an assumed category and leave it up to potential new buyers to work it out for themselves if it makes sense or not.

This will no doubt be confusing to the clients I already have but they know me and trust my listings but if they were new buyers and see my cards listed the way they are well I do not think many sales will be made from my card listings from new buyers which is what I though this site was trying to do.

The more options we have for categories and conditions therein the more chance we would have of bringing in new guys,I am not only talking about cards but every category where a buyer may look for condition other than new or used should be looked at and have some changes made to if for no other reason than to drive people over here.

If you search nrmt or mint cards,stamps comics coins etc guess what site pops up would that not be great to have the same here think of the potential traffic that would be driven away from there and brought here to look at various listings of stamps coins etc,

I just find it hard to believe that 1 no one on here who selles these items has brought this up before and 2 the folks who run this place did not for see this as a huge potential buyer driving force.

It is a simple fact type in nrmt or mt items of those niches and that other place pops up everywhere as well as a few others so buyers who wany a nrmt or mt card coin comic stamp what have you are drive there as they see the listings and may not think places like this are around as we are basically shutting out a whole whack of potential buyers in a whole area of categories.

Soory if I seem rather bothered but I am passionate about what I do and if I see an area for potential than I will address it.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

We do have a walk in store and I am not so strict as to my descriptions only to the point,if someyhing needs addressing I address it in my description short and sweet

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    But all things here are not equal and it is unfair to assume that potential new buyers would have the thoguht not knowing how the site works or the listings of it that it is as you say an over-all guideline
    Sorry, but I don't think we're ever going to agree. I'll leave you to it - but like Astral while I wish you personally well, and I hope no such changes are ever made; I see the simplicity of ebid and it's dove-tailing with how google works as one of its strengths and don't want to see that lost in a quagmire of personal quirks and complex sub-classifications.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps ebid could include a fourth choice in condition of "Unstated" or "Not Stated"
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Perhaps ebid could include a fourth choice in condition of "Unstated" or "Not Stated"
    If eBid did that , it would probably have to be with the proviso that such listings are not uploaded to google products.

OP you've only used some of your store cats, you've got up to 30 parent cats each with up to 15 sub cats, is there a way you can use those to show condition?

I wish you well but to me the google product uploads are a really important function of eBid, (even though google hasn't rolled them out to all the eBid countries yet) & I would hate to see them jeopardised, by the sorts of changes you want to see.

Last edited by Gothicina; 6th March 2010 at 05:40 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't understand the problem here. If an item is so dependant on condition that it needs extensive description to satisfy the various requirements of the collectors of such items, then surely any vendor of such items should make the description of such items the dominant area of their listings. I do understand the need for detail, but to expect the Auction site to develop a specific "condition" framework is just not viable. As the vendor in question is obviously an expert in their field I would have though that they could construct a very comprehensive template that would cover all their perceived requirements.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not asking ebid to construct a new category for me or for anyone for that matter.I suggested that for categories where searches are very relevant to condition that even the option to see description or left blank on the ninja lister would be an upgrade from new or used

What everyone here seems to be missing is that no matter how much I put into the description I could list the item as mint it still shows up as used or new used or new do not equate to card collectors that is the point I am trying to make.

I do not want anyone to change anything for me and I apologize if it came across that way I would however like someone to give some consideration to the chance that perhaps certain categories need to be dealt with differently and would best left empty rather than used/new

And for keeping it simplistic,fine but if simplistic in the end affects sales is that really not the aim,if a tweak here or there were to not only make the site easier for users new and old but also add to the chances that more items sold or more items visited would we not be in favor of that.

I am not talking just for myself and really do want everyone on here to succeed and as for
    I would have though that they could construct a very comprehensive template that would cover all their perceived requirements.

I am now listing low end cards no big money items,when I do get around to higher end items they will be listed accordingly by condition I mentioned that in a previous post but it would be easier if instead on new and used we could have a see item description or left blank so at least buyers for these items will not(and I am not saying all will but I am certain a good percentage will shy away)from at the very least having a look.

There are different scales of conditiong when it comes to cards as coins comice etc,I sell cards so I cannot speak for sellers of other items but I am quite sure other card sellers would agree that the used new description is put offish to new and experienced buyers alike.

Even if I list every card I own with the condition it is in it will not make as much a difference with those 2 still being the only options I have to put them into in ninja lister

I would like to thank everyone for their input and I am not trying to change anything really just asking for someone to consider something I feel should be looked at,a lot of you obviously do not agree and that is understandable but if the items you were selling say you sold books and you could only list them under hard cover or soft cover or fiction or non fiction no in between no room for anyone to think you may have something else they may need so they don't bother to eneter your store would you then see things a bit differently.

Do not get me wrong I truly enjoy the site and especially like this banter good bad or ondifferent we are all in this together and although I am new and have caused a stir it was not my intention,I just wanted to get what I think is an important point across I in no way want to see this place suffer but I also do not want to have sales suffer,I understand things are slower here and it will take a while and all that but if I am left with the 2 options I currently have I am afraid sales would suffer more so than if the drop down had 3 places new used and blank or see item

Thanks again to you all and maybe once we het some more sellers on here who deal in sportscards (I know there are currently a few)but they do not have the volume listed as I do once a few more sellers with loads of product come in and start listing I am sure this will be brought up again if they do decide to list cards as the new and used is too off putting for most so I am taking a gamble and crossing my fingers and hopefully with more listings in different stores catering to different collecting niches I may establish a new client base even with the new used.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I picked one of your items to look at completely at random and saw this one: http://uk.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?...123&mo=auction

You don't have anything in there at all about condition - surely including something *in* the listing is essential? I also think you're going to get hurt more by not having any picture thumbnails (gallery) than by the generic condition type being limited, sorry.

However, I'm happy to admit I'm no sort of card collector, and about as far from an expert as you can get, so I'm staking my life on me being right and you being wrong.

I hope you decide you can make the site work for you - I really do think it's a non-problem you're focussing on, but proviso above applies.
    If you read my earlier posts you would have noted that I add conditions to my listings vintage and the higher end stuff,and I am not about to add extra pics for cards I am running bin on at 5 cents once I start with 20-50$ items or even 5-10$ items the pics will be there.

As I stated earlier an older card can seem newer than a new card depending on how they have both been handled what I may have forgot to mention is that as per beckett mag which is the price guide for sportcards they state any card made after 88-89 considered nrmt unless noted so my cards are listed as such if in my newer items there is a ding it will be in the description,please go into my store look into the vintage cards and you will see a nrmt or ex mt next to the description player name at bottom

I,believe it or not know how to sell cards but with little options left to me here and although a lot of folks are eager to help which I do appreciate until someone comes along who has the understanding of collecting or selling them this topic will remain one in which I am on the offensive constantly trying to explain myself as no one will get my point as it is not their area

I do comment ebid ninja lister for giving me the option to add graded ungraded which is a huge plus but what I am getting at is if they had the foresight to see the need for graded vs ungraded cards is big enough to offer me that why not offer sellers of these items new/used/see description that way not only sellers of cards coins stamps etc but everyone could benefit as books vary in condition as does everything else and if a buyer would like to be really specific great but that is left to them and at least the buyer will have the option of knowing the item can be viewed to get the full details of the condition

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just one more thing for me in Canada I am not privy to the google product search it is search engines taht will bring new people in to see my stuff so if the site were to have another drop down new used or see item description with the fact being if I were to choose see item description I would not have a problem with that whatsoever,my items show up randomly on search engine anyhow so whenevr someone does drop in on me at least I would have that option and that is really all I am asking for the option to list my items where they belong and seeing as how they neither belong in new or used I would like a see description or even a blank space

As for my titles containing condition my higher end items once listed will but for nickel and dime cards which are mostly made after the 90s and as a seller I know they are supposed to be nrmt unless otherwise stated a lot of buyers know this also but when they come in and see used or new it is confusing to them so there really is no need for putting a condition on a card made after 89 unless it is a high end card a card which would be from a set succeptible to chipping or flaking or if there were something wrong with the card,at which point I would disclose the problem in my title eg card vg or g cond so far I have not yet had the need to do so but I feel even if I had a lot of people who collect and are unfamiliar with this site will be really confused by the new and used

Could someone here go onto another site and just type in used hockey card and see what comes up,the only cards that will show are from a set called sp game used can anyone see my point yet,there is a great difference between intepretation amongst collectors and if I list my card as used is my buyer to expect a card that was game used as they have game worn jersey cards are they to expect that and even though my pic and description are to the contrary the buyer may have a complaint as it was listed under used they could claim they thought they were getting a game used card,if I list it as new they could then perhaps think they are getting a new pack of untouched cards and the pic is an example of the type of cards found in said packs and they did not read the entire description

This is really open to all sorts of interpretation as far as I can tell and seeing as how you all have stated you do not collect cards(I like the collecting bills one)I will assume I am alone in this train of thought which I think is a shame,

Just wish someone here would be open to the idea that perhaps there may be a small issue here and it should at the very least be looked at

Thread Information