eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister improvements ONLY - Bugs to go in Glitches forum.

Got a question about ninja, i created a auction sent it to the good to go bucket uploaded it & got a message saying it uploaded to ebid succesfully.
    But it is not showing up on ebid, does it take awhile to show up?

Here are a few things that would be nice to see in the ninja.

1. A preview button to view the listings before we save them.
    2. A error check button to make sure they pass before we upload them to ebid.
    3. A import button to import our store categories.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Got a question about ninja, i created a auction sent it to the good to go bucket uploaded it & got a message saying it uploaded to ebid succesfully.
    You should have an email stating if it failed or was a success.

Thanks
    If you double click on your item in ninja it will open it up for you to view.
    Last edited by sketchtech; 10th February 2010 at 08:31 AM.

As the servers are load balanced, yes it can take several minutes up to 15 minutes before they start to show up in your listing pages and My eBid.. Also check the results of the bulk upload file in My Bulk Uploads section where you can review any errors, and see the status , etc..

2. A error check button to make sure they pass before we upload them to ebid.
    3. A import button to import our store categories.

Thanks
    1) when editing at the bottom your listing description can be switched between code and HTML preview if that is what you mean... Other than that I dont see much point in getting a preview when you have your settnigs set up properly... but that's just me..

2) I vote yes.. definitely would be nice to have that ability to check and confirm that listings will not error when they are uploaded.. (although some errors wont let you save your listing until they are fixed.. )

3) One of the first things several of us requested- however that is not feasible until much later on when the eBid API is completed.. once the API is done, Ninja Lister will be re-done to work with the API instead of the current bulk upload system..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Ok........ninja lister said it uploaded to ebid successfully.........but then i got a email from ebid saying it failed........went to my bulk upload & it showed the zip file but said it failed....it gave a error & said to check my settings in ninja..........they are set correctly my username password & country, i rechecked to make sure.
    If these were incorrect then the file would never have been uploaded to my bulk upload area.

Thanks

Ok........ninja lister said it uploaded to ebid successfully.........but then i got a email from ebid saying it failed........went to my bulk upload & it showed the zip file but said it failed....it gave a error & said to check my settings in ninja..........they are set correctly my username password & country, i rechecked to make sure.
    If these were incorrect then the file would never have been uploaded to my bulk upload area.

Thanks
    what was the error? ninja did, indeed upload the listings successfully - that does not mean they launched - ninja cannot determine that (yet)

the error will tell you what went wrong..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Could we have a changelog between each version?

Having now done various trials comparing ninja against other sites bulk listers (see my thread in the KT regarding Ninja vs Others).

Have now used Ninja for around 1,800 listings.

The additions I would like to see, and I have no doubt whatsoever they would be improvements are......

edited to remove my suggestions - can do their own testing.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 12th February 2010 at 04:58 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View comicsemp's Feedback (+587)
    All-About comicsemp
    View comicsemp's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried it out today. Its got great potential. A couple little things that would help make listing go a little faster.

Set several parts of it to each sellers own default, example the shipping(domestic and International) and payment methods. That way we won't have to go in each listing and take the extra time to set them.

That would also help if you could also set several of the others to a default(duration, feature, item condition)

Also if we could type in the eBid Catagory Id number instead of having to click on Select and follow the long list of links.

Quote Originally Posted by comicsemp View Post
    I tried it out today. Its got great potential. A couple little things that would help make listing go a little faster.

Set several parts of it to each sellers own default, example the shipping(domestic and International) and payment methods. That way we won't have to go in each listing and take the extra time to set them.

That would also help if you could also set several of the others to a default(duration, feature, item condition)
    Create a "TEMPLATE" listing for the various choices you want to have - then simply right click, copy, go to auction set, rigth click somewhere, and paste and edit the template for title, description, etc .. quick and easy

Also if we could type in the eBid Catagory Id number instead of having to click on Select and follow the long list of links.
    Agree - if category is known - I couldnt possibly memorize the category ID's - so what I do is - as above- make templates

Thread Information