eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister improvements ONLY - Bugs to go in Glitches forum.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    ...but if the items you were selling say you sold books and you could only list them under hard cover or soft cover or fiction or non fiction no in between no room for anyone to think you may have something else they may need so they don't bother to eneter your store would you then see things a bit differently....
    Since none of these things are available for books at all, your supposed limitation there would be an expansion of what's currently available. But they're all superfluous because my books are listed as "used" with condition in the description. Just as your cards could be. But I said I was giving up, and now I really am. Good luck with finding a way for things to work for you.

Books and trading cards aren't the same.

Books are printed and distributed for people to read/use. Well primarily anyhow.

Trading cards are only for collecting and not to be "used" in anyway shape or form. Not too many people now days put the card of a star athlete, worth a nice chunk of change, in the spokes of their bikes.

I think LAUR74 is right for wanting a little more of a variety for describing trading cards/collectibles conditions then NEW or USED. Maybe a third option for the condition would work. Like a "Write in/fill in the blank" option. So a seller can write in Gem Mint, Mint, Mint/Near-Mint, Near-Mint, Fair, Good, Poor. Followed by the matra "the seller is totally responsible" which is of course already the case everywhere.

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the support theweaverboy,

I have made ammends to the fact that I have to work with what I have and around what is not available at this time,I have apologized for my rant as it may have offended some which was never my intent but it did get very frustarting for me when no one could see the point I was trying to make,I appreciate you did as well as the responses everyone has given wether they be good bad indifferent.

I am an avid collector myself,in fact my whole family is,the hubby and 2 daughters and they cannot grasp the new used concept of a card unless followed up by a year + condition so being a collector as well as a huge seller of sportscards and memorabilia it is frustarting that I have no other option but the 2 provided.We run a walk in sports card mem store pic is in my store header as well as being a power seller of these items for years on you know where so it is all new to me and I have come to grips that for now I have to work with what I have and not try to go against the grain.

Hopefully in time others will see this as being a problem for potential new buyers/sellers and some change will be made,until then I am happy in knowing that hard work pays off and I have been listing about 100 items daily so eventually I hope to get things running on here and make the complete switch

Thanks again for your reply and thanks again to all,I did make a formal apology in another post but in case you have not read it to any I may have offended I apologize to you all and wish everyone on here the best of success

Laur

laur74
    is there a large amount of trade on the internet for trading cards???? is there a trading card uber giant??? have you google searched them and checked out what there work round is??? The reason i ask this is it is if people that buy trading cards are like you are suggesting then non of them would sell on the internet.
    There is no way that you can change these cat (new,used and unused) as google will only allow them in there searchs put it this way which would you want most items appear on the worlds largest search engine be it listed not quite the way you would like it or listed as the way you would like but not be on google???
    I have also looked at you listings and to be honest you need to put more info on there. there are no pic's to veiw from gallary veiw in your shop which would put more people off by not being able to see whats for sale. In your discriptions you have spent more time on telling you customer postage charges then discribing whats for sale??? also your about me page is not being used to its max you sound to me like a sportscard expert so why not tell you customers a bit about sports card how they are properly graded and cared for on there. not many people know this but your about me page is one of your pages that turn up in google searchs and is sometimes many customers frist point of contact to you on ebid.
    I understand that you do not want to have a work around but you are never going to get edid or google to change the cats that they use sorry.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is a huge demand for sportscards worldwide on the internet and as I stated in previous posts #1 google product search does not work in Canada where I live so people who are finding me are finding my stuff via search engine and not product search.
    #2 when listing sports cards or the type I am currently listing I am not going into a lot of specifics on them as they are of the low end variety your 5-25 cent cards that usually the title is self explainitory and there is no need to add extra pics for 5 cent cards,the book value on them may be 1$ but I am selling them at nickels and dimes as I have always worked in volume and collectors when reaching my store can type in a players name,they generally know who they collect player or team wise and if the card title seems interesting enough they will click it no need for pics as there are no jersey patches to show off or anything to catch th eye but the new used may and will throw some off

When I get around to listing my other items,cards that need more specific descriptions ie seriel numbered cards jersey patch cards rookie cards etc they will be described to their fullest and if a card is of the high end variety than I will use the pic options

And all I am stating is what good is there to being on a huge search if when potential buyers arrive at my goods will move on by as the listings are not in a category they understand to be associated with sportscards.

I have made my peace with all this I will work with the options given me and around those I do not,I will continue to upload my items in hopes that people will perhaps look into my items and not just pass them on by without a second glance so I will work my but off and hopefully it pays off

I am not sure if I understand you correctly when you say a trading card uber giant and no one would buy cards on the internet.The leading card manufacturer at present is upper deck and they sell their products in box and case form to distributors which in turn sell to dealers such as myself who own stores,the general public cannot buy from dealers as it is against their policies and would lead to a huge drop in sales if anyone could walk in off the street and buy 1 box of cards for the same amount I pay when I am buying thousands of $ of wax monthly they may only purchase 1-2 boxes and never return
    Being a dealer you also have to sign a form stating that less than a certain percentage of your sales will be made over the net so in store sales are always bigger but the internet is huge for overstock and cards not easily moved in store.
    They themselves(upper deck)sell cards only on their site and if you go to upperdeck.com and look under shop you will see the vast majority of their items are greatly overpriced compared to what I and other dealers sell them for this being they have a point redemption system and offer members exchange for $ and redemption points certain items at discounts,they do not sell on the internet other than their site,the folks who they supply,the distributors are not allowed to sell on the internet us dealers can but to a certain % of sales

So the uber giant being upper deck cannot sell to anyone in bulk who does not own a store or who is not a distributor,the mark up is slim on wax products but they pay the bills breaking open the wax hoping to find the money cards is slimmer and really not worthwhile for dealers unless you have enough turn around with what is broken vs what is sold wax wise

Long story short I suggested that cards do not belong in a new or used categoy as they are neither unless in a sealed pack or box,not many folks on here seem to get that point and think I am totally wrong for my thinking,I disagree and so would the majority of collectors and dealers alike but that is over and done with I will make do with what I have and move on and work that much harder to bring folks in

Any of my clients from my store and the other place who have dropped in and are collectors find my descriptions and listings very easy to go through but they are collectors and understand the hobby,they will be purchasing from me once I have all of my stores up and my different items listed so I can cater to the ones who may not be goalie collectors but all of them do not understand why my cards are listing as new or used,they do not associate those terms with loose cards and it is offputting,I have one fella from canada who emailed me and told me he would never even had looked at my stuff if he had not know me as a dealer as the new used threw him off and his words were yeah right this guy really knows thier selling strong points,so I may be alone in my views here but I am not alone on them with others who share in this hobby.

Sorry for the long winded speech but feel I need to address every aspect of this and put it to bed.

Thanks

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    laur74
    is there a large amount of trade on the internet for trading cards???? is there a trading card uber giant??? have you google searched them and checked out what there work round is??? The reason i ask this is it is if people that buy trading cards are like you are suggesting then non of them would sell on the internet.
    There is no way that you can change these cat (new,used and unused) as google will only allow them in there searchs put it this way which would you want most items appear on the worlds largest search engine be it listed not quite the way you would like it or listed as the way you would like but not be on google???
    I have also looked at you listings and to be honest you need to put more info on there. there are no pic's to veiw from gallary veiw in your shop which would put more people off by not being able to see whats for sale. In your discriptions you have spent more time on telling you customer postage charges then discribing whats for sale??? also your about me page is not being used to its max you sound to me like a sportscard expert so why not tell you customers a bit about sports card how they are properly graded and cared for on there. not many people know this but your about me page is one of your pages that turn up in google searchs and is sometimes many customers frist point of contact to you on ebid.
    I understand that you do not want to have a work around but you are never going to get edid or google to change the cats that they use sorry.
    This is a report from their 1992 market annaysis,it is estimated to be 5-6 times greater today,so is it a big industry look at the numbers and tell me

After Upper Deck introduced its premium baseball series, other companies followed with improved photography, better design and higher-quality paper stock. The sports card market grew from $50 million in 1980 when Topps's monopoly was broken by Fleer, to a $1.5 billion industry in 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    #2 when listing sports cards or the type I am currently listing I am not going into a lot of specifics on them as they are of the low end variety your 5-25 cent cards that usually the title is self explainitory and there is no need to add extra pics for 5 cent cards,the book value on them may be 1$ but I am selling them at nickels and dimes as I have always worked in volume and collectors when reaching my store can type in a players name,they generally know who they collect player or team wise and if the card title seems interesting enough they will click it no need for pics as there are no jersey patches to show off or anything to catch th eye but the new used may and will throw some off

When I get around to listing my other items,cards that need more specific descriptions ie seriel numbered cards jersey patch cards rookie cards etc they will be described to their fullest and if a card is of the high end variety than I will use the pic options

And all I am stating is what good is there to being on a huge search if when potential buyers arrive at my goods will move on by as the listings are not in a category they understand to be associated with sportscards.
    You don't need an extra picture for Gallery, all you need is to select the gallery option when you list, this will cost you 2% fvf, but many buyers totally bypass items with no gallery photo.

New Unused & Used are NOT Categories, they are a general condition of the item.

People will only see that in search IF they use the Condition filter in Advanced Search, if they do they will see there are only All plus the 3 choices anyway, or used the sort by condition filter which only gives 2 options new items first or used items first.

If they don't use that filter, they won't see item condition, until they have opened the listing it is not shown in search results.

If they put Mint or whatever in the search, as long as it's in the title somewhere (if standard eBid search) or in the description (eBid search description, & most search engines) it WILL be picked up.

It cannot be searched if it's not there.

BTW I saw your apology, I really don't think it was necessary

I think the basic problem is you understanding how search on the site works.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 7th March 2010 at 04:25 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Before writing this I did some searching and found that if I use google product search with no filters on and type in a specific goalie ie kari lehtonen every listing that comes up has either used or new,not in the title of course but I do not have to open the description to see it it is there to the left of the item.

I know about the picture and the fee associated with it,it would be rather useless of me to sell cards at 2 cents already an extremely low price then add on 2% of that for the pic,I do plan to use pictures when necessary on items that will require them,

Perhaps I am not 100% up to everything on this site but a lot of you certainly are neither 100% when it comes to this hobby how it is run handled and dealt with from both the collector and dealer aspect please do not presume because my title is short or I have not added a pic I do not know what I am doing,you need 2-3 things in a sports card title year brand player name and # of card if it is an old card or card from a set succeptible to being less than mint than a condition so for instance 90-91 opc premier ed belfour rc do a search on that and see what comes up thousands as that is how cards are listed it is the only way they are listed a few sellers may put name in front of year or # after set etc tweak it a bit but for the most part that is all that is needed especially on the types of cards I am running now,when I get around to cards that require more detail they will be given the detail,just go to the other side for a moment and look at my listings there they are handled as a card by card basis and listed accordingly whatever needs to be addressed in a listing is

What else do you suggest I can put in a listing for a 00-01 pacific aurora mike richter #101 rangers nhl card Collectors who search that set brand and year will have it show uo it will also sjow up should they do a player search what more would I need I covered all bases in my listings thus far and have taken a bit of offense at everyone who keeps telling me I haven't you all admittly do not sell or collect cards so you have never searched purchased or sold cards online please do not begin to tell me my listings suffer from such and such if they were in some manner a reflection of site policy or something fine I would take the advice and change accd but you guys are basically telling me my listings do not contain enough information when you yourselves would not know what to look for in a card listing how can you tell me how to list mine.

I do not want another rant but please check google product search uk and type in any given hockey player and yes new and or used appear to the left without opening a category,I know they are not a cat or sub cat but cards are not new or used and should not be left to only those 2 options that is my only point I do not want to see a whole whack of subcat for anything but would a 3rd drop down new used and see description really be that horrible and would it not be more beneficial to just me,I mean surley there are folks on here who may feel the product they are selling is neither new or used and would like buyers to be opted to see description for details,

I have read each and every response on this and I did feel I owed an apology I can come off rather harsh at times but that being said I do not feel I am wrong,as you state it is a general condition and not a category how can a sportscard have a general condition of new and used when there is a million dollar a year industry dedicated to grading cards as mint nrmt etc and yes some of my cards will have that in the title when it is deemed necessary,I will not waste up space on a listing for a 2 cent card as no one is typing mint on those types anyway so that would prove pointless when you get around to 50-1000$ rookie cards that is where it comes into play in a big big way.
    If you think my titles are too short or not descriptive enough copy and paste one and search engine it some type of variation if not the exact phrase will show up over and over again as these are the most common forms of listing these types of cards,I am not listing 5000$ televisions so a 5-25 cent card the title speaks for itself,collectors know what they want and are looking for and these are the KEY words the search when looking for these TYPES of cards they will not search ed belfour 92 stanley cup final award winner blackahwks if they did and were looking for cards they would be overinundated with photos jerseys autographs etc you search my titles cards come up I sell cards where is my listing problem.

I thank everyone for the replies again and I do like the banter,thought I would leave this one rest but I kind of like being the underdog here with a point few seem to understand as only a few are into the hobby or have some knowledge of it so I cannot expect everyone to get this but I would at least think before posting(not you in particular)that I am wrong and they will continue to see me as neing wrong and everything else they could have done a little research on sportscards go onto the other side type in any given sports player a card brand and year and see what the results give do a google search of it see completed listings before you all shut me down and out I am not wrong on this cards are not used or new and the only way you will find a listing for a new card is upon it's release you search used cards and you come up with a brand called sp game used.A used card collecting wise by beckett definition is a card that has a piece of game used memorabilia on it far from being a general condition but rather a specific brand.

I will end this now as my passion for my hobby know no bounds and I could keep typing all day

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

every occupation, interest, hobby, job has its own way of doing things and no doubt there would be things you would not understand about falconry and hawking ( I did write a book about it many years ago ) or blacksmithing of which I know a little bit.
    I and many here may not know a lot about the cards you deal in either and I dont think you needed to appologise
    Last edited by the_iron_dwarf; 7th March 2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Thread Information