My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

I give up with Ninja Lister, its not saving the items I'm putting in, its just deleting them when I click on save.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I give up with Ninja Lister, its not saving the items I'm putting in, its just deleting them when I click on save.
    It doesnt pop error messages like you might expect , however , if you look closely , there are boxes in the inputs that will get bordered in red (it's hard to spot) that you have to fill in an option before it will let you save the listing In my testing, I left international shipping option empty , it wouldnt save until I edited that to either have a shipping charge, or "do not ship international" checkbox was checked. The red borders on the boxes may only show while you are clicking on the save button ..

Keep in mind it's just Beta - Im sure error messages and other bells and whistles will be coming up in future versions, once the *core* is working properly..

There's a severe lack of any error messages or error reporting beyond the "red border" in the input boxes

Once you have all the required values filled out though it does allow you to save the item
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thats the thing Ideal, I've filled in all necessary boxes no red bordered boxes. Click on save and nothing
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

updated from 0.9 to 0.92 and air told me i had version 1 before updating!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    It doesnt pop error messages like you might expect , however , if you look closely , there are boxes in the inputs that will get bordered in red (it's hard to spot)...
    You're telling me it is. Little red borders on a black background??? No way can I see those and nor will anyone else with less than perfect colour vision. The only way I could confirm what you said was to use a screen magnifier to zoom the screen * 8.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am happy to report that I've uploaded using a template in the description box and it's appeared on ebid as it left my computer. This is progress, thanks.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There doesn't seem to be any way of telling on looking what one has uploaded and what one has not. This isn't a "nice to have" suggestion, it's a "got to have" glitch - otherwise we'll be failing to send things we think have gone and duplicating others.

Either a flag on items to say when they were uploaded, or a history/audit trail to view in the Ninja somewhere.

And if these things are there, please tell me where to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any way of telling on looking what one has uploaded and what one has not. This isn't a "nice to have" suggestion, it's a "got to have" glitch - otherwise we'll be failing to send things we think have gone and duplicating others.

Either a flag on items to say when they were uploaded, or a history/audit trail to view in the Ninja somewhere.

And if these things are there, please tell me where to find them.
    Agree.. or at the very least ability to move listings from one set to the other.

(Drag and drop would be best, but select and right click context menu to Move listings to other set would be good too.. )

Perhaps a button that works just like the "add selected to good to go" button , but it would be "move selected items to another set" so we can create a "Posted listings" set and move items there .. OR , when the good to go bucket is uploaded, automatically move them to a "posted items" set - which actually, now that I think about it , would be the best solution of all in any case ...
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 7th February 2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

BUG: Editing listing Values do not properly Re-populate

how it happened:

Testing out the features, after the update , tested importing a .txt file from auctions export (as noted before-) It works fine.

Decided to take one of my listings and turn it into a template that I'll use for other listings , so I picked a listing, and clicked Edit this Auction. so far so good.

HOWEVER , when I took a closer look, I noticed that Sales Tax, Shipping, and Payment Preferences were not being re-populated with the data from the listing.
    Data that did not repopulate:
    Sales Tax
    Domestic Shipping
    International Shipping
    Payment Methods
    SKU

Investigating further, Testing other fields (since I left some at defaults.) I was able to verify that it is ONLY the above fields that do not re-populate data when editing.. The problem is, if you do not notice these missing values when you go to save an edited listing, it can screw up your listing ..

The data you enter DOES save (based on looking at the listing row columns) however it does not re-populate the form.

Hi all,

Hope someone can help.

Downloaded Ninja Lister, filled in the boxes, clicked Good To Go, it said I was successful, then I went back to eBid, to Bulk Upload and it said it had failed, this is what it said

Authentication error. Please ensure you have the correct security details stored within the Settings area of Ninja Lister.

I realised I had put the wrong password when I downloaded so went back to Edit Settings and changed it and tried again, nothing, uninstalled Ninja Lister and tried again, (what was strange was the auction I was testing was still there, I thought it would have been deleted when I uninstalled) this time I received this message

Auction 1 Error : Image Invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. Extra info : Can't connect to :80 (Bad hostname '')
    Auction 1 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 40000 characters long. Ensure you paste all your html or text into a SINGLE cell via the text entry bar in excel.

Also I don't understand why it went through to My Ebid, Bulk Upload if it was unsuccessful ?

I don't know what to do next, I tried uninstalling again and even rebooted, nothing
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Thread Information