Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Found the problem, will be fixed in 0.9.1.

Thanks,
    G
    Great

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I just got this message

I was under the impression you could post to eBid stores categories that have subcategories
    Nope. It always insists the you choose the most detailed level available.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    OK verified:
    If you: Duplicate Auction Set , and DO NOT modify or edit anything , and/or create a new auction set , but don't add an item , it does NOT save ..
    >> If you: Duplicate Auction Set , and DO NOT modify or edit anything

did the original set have anything in it?

currently empty auction sets will disappear on close
    currently non-empty (populated) auction sets should not disappear on close

If populated sets are disappearing can you let me know the exact path you are taking from scratch.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

well from what I seem of NL I think I would use it, I have not in the past used turbo lister or anything like that but just done everything manually using things like 'sell similar' both here and on other places.
    I intend adding more when I find out how to export my listings from the other place.
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

>> If you: Duplicate Auction Set , and DO NOT modify or edit anything

did the original set have anything in it?

currently empty auction sets will disappear on close
    currently non-empty (populated) auction sets should not disappear on close

If populated sets are disappearing can you let me know the exact path you are taking from scratch.

Thx,
    Gazza
    When I first reported the bug . I had only *one* auction listed, in total (the one I actually uploaded and is currently running properly)

I then went to explore to see how I could create organization and "templates" for various styles of listings (since I have a wide product range to list) .. So, what I did first was, I created a new auction set , named it "computer Stuff" , and then I noticed the "duplicate set" option on the right-click context menu and tried that. It seemed to work, and it duplicated my original set (and contained an actual listing- the original one listing I had done..) Then, I had to step away and go back to work on my web project , so I closed out Ninjalister.

When I came back and re-opened it to test other bugs , I noticed that both of my created auction sets were gone. (One was empty, One had contained a duplicate copy of the original listing I uploaded, so it did indeed contain a listing..)

When I went back to test the situation as per your comment, I first created a new auction set, and then created a test listing (did not upload it) and saved it. Then I created a duplicate (again) of the first set I had.

From that point, I closed NL and then came back and re-opened it, both of the new sets I had created came up too.

I can continue testing and attempt to duplicate every possible situation where a set does not save , if you want, and come up with a list of where the sets are saved, and where the sets go missing..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you come across a populated set disappearing we'd be eager to know.
    Thx.
    G.
    eBid.net

If you come across a populated set disappearing we'd be eager to know.
    Thx.
    G.
    Heh. Unable to duplicate that now.. just tried the same sequence again and couldnt get it to go away .. I have a feeling it is related to only working from the Default Set #1 and having no others..

I'll try again when the next version is up and ready (un-install current, then download and install new one.. - only have 1 listing in there, so no big loss..) if I cant duplicate it again, I guess it'd just be listed as a possible intermittent, unconfirmed report.. Strange.. I was able to duplicate the sets going missing three times in a row (including the "duplicated" set containing 1 listing) before I went and tested to see if creating a new set and then putting a test listing in it would lose the set. since then, none of the sets I created (except the blank ones) are being lost.. Oh well.

*** UPDATE***

multiple attempts after upgrade to try to duplicate this issue, including removing ninjalister completely and re-installing , unable to duplicate this issue. (probably if an export of backup facility is added later even this would become a moot point, most likely... )
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 7th February 2010 at 06:28 PM.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greatly appreciated. There have been a couple of "ghost" bugs that appear and for the life of me I cannot replicate. Seems like this might be one.

G.
    eBid.net

One possible Bug I noticed yesterday when trying a couple uploads:

I successfully uploaded one item, then added three more items. The item from the first upload didn't clear from the Good to Go box and when I went to upload the next three items, it uploaded those three and the first one again. Now all four all still sitting in the Good to Go box and I'm not seeing any way to clear them. Even when I started a new Auction Set, these stayed in the GTG box. So, unless I'm missing something, this appears to be a bug as well.

Thanks,
    Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwood View Post
    One possible Bug I noticed yesterday when trying a couple uploads:

I successfully uploaded one item, then added three more items. The item from the first upload didn't clear from the Good to Go box and when I went to upload the next three items, it uploaded those three and the first one again. Now all four all still sitting in the Good to Go box and I'm not seeing any way to clear them. Even when I started a new Auction Set, these stayed in the GTG box. So, unless I'm missing something, this appears to be a bug as well.

Thanks,
    Shelley
    if you have a listing in the GTG bucket , click on it and it gives you the option to View or Upload.. Click on View and you can right click on the listing and remove from good to go bucket. (you can also edit)

Thread Information