Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Looking at expanding into a store here...

Default Looking at expanding into a store here...

I currently run a store on another auction site, and am looking at expanding it over to this site as well. Can I advertise between both sites? I've been selling on the other for about 8 years with a year in between, and have excellent feedback rating. I do ship overseas (I live in the USA), and I am concerned that I may get something crossed.

I sell mostly science fiction, fantasy, horror, action adventure, kids books and comic books and related items. I don't have millions of dollars of stock, but I was referred to this site as a new way to look at selling my items.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone interested in buying these types of books. I can't tell what items actually have bids on them on this site. At first glance, I thought just about everything had bids, but it was just the number of views. How do I get a screen that shows number of bids?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconanthony53405 View Post
    I currently run a store on another auction site, and am looking at expanding it over to this site as well. Can I advertise between both sites? I've been selling on the other for about 8 years with a year in between, and have excellent feedback rating. I do ship overseas (I live in the USA), and I am concerned that I may get something crossed.

I sell mostly science fiction, fantasy, horror, action adventure, kids books and comic books and related items. I don't have millions of dollars of stock, but I was referred to this site as a new way to look at selling my items.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone interested in buying these types of books. I can't tell what items actually have bids on them on this site. At first glance, I thought just about everything had bids, but it was just the number of views. How do I get a screen that shows number of bids?

Neither site will allow you to advertise the other, or link to your listings on the other site, I'm afraid. Understandable, of course.

Sales here are slower than elsewhere, but much cheaper to achieve. Selling here is a fundamentally different activity from other places, and I'd advise reading through some of the other forums to get some ideas of how it works, what you need to do to succeed, etc.

Bids are not viewable. Most sales here are Buy Now anyway, so not sure bids would tell you much.

Yes, selling on alternates is different. Here we stock many items which generate our sales, on feebay we stocked limited amount and usually sold them fast (so counting bids was important). Here it would tell you nothing to find someone had 1000 items and 20 bids/sales in a day. ex feebays are horrified to see all the items without bids, not understanding selling on alternatives is different process.

Difference is the google link which gets our items out in cyberspace within an hour, the more items we list, the more sales we get. On feebay, sellers had to download items themselves, ebid does this for us.

This is a good choice as an alternate as ebid is the #1 alternate site. See powersellersunite.com for figures on daily auctions and compare.

Default Thanks for the input...

I was looking mainly for a "buy it now" site, anyway. I have only 1 book on so far...I just have to figure out how to list similar items repeatedly. I have a load of Heroclix I want to put up on here, som comics, and a bunch of books, to include a MId-edition Hardcover of Stephen King's Wizard and Glass. Many of the authors I am looking to sell are scarce on this site. I don't know if it's because noone is interested, or that noone can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by baconanthony53405 View Post
    I was looking mainly for a "buy it now" site, anyway. I have only 1 book on so far...I just have to figure out how to list similar items repeatedly. I have a load of Heroclix I want to put up on here, som comics, and a bunch of books, to include a MId-edition Hardcover of Stephen King's Wizard and Glass. Many of the authors I am looking to sell are scarce on this site. I don't know if it's because noone is interested, or that noone can find them.
    When things started to take off here a while back we discussed this on forums. What should we list? What is missing here? Should we stock only our specialties, or branch out to attract more people?

I sell mostly vintage linens but if I get a buy at a local auction I include dolls, collector spoons, small china things, books on needlework, etc. And I find that when people start to multiple buy, they do jump around a bit. If I had left off the dolls, sheet music, etc, I would have lost quite a few sales. So I think the answer at this point is to jump in and list everything you think people would be interested in, even if you see nothing like that here, its a rare higher priced item etc. All the better for you!

Remember that many of our buyers are new and come in thru the google link. So if the present membership is not interested in your item (or you see no listings for it yet), it is very certain that new people are google searching for that very thing, and will follow your listing into ebid.
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 3rd February 2010 at 06:47 AM.

Thread Information