Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woo! I'm set up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    x2
    That is good advice.
    To me that is the key to getting your auctions "seen" if they rise to the top of the page they will be seen.
    On feebay my auctions never got seen.
    Remember too, they had all the rules about your feedback affecting your placement, blah blah blah.

You will get sales from ebid people, google people, your old customers, and people following link from your website. Work on these areas. Google link brings in lots of sales, so make sure you have buy it now, AND ten automatic relists. That shows google you intend to keep running those items so they run with them.

Google link works much better if you list LOTS of items. A matter of 20 items floating around in cyberspace or 500. The 500 get more attention and get you daily sales. Try to list variety of things, variety of prices to lure more people in.

With 2-3 weeks you should have your first sale. If not, come back and let us look eveything over. Good luck!

Smile

Hi

Thanks for the reply, that makes good sense, I will change some of my listings and add more!

Tricia
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Just-Leggings

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi foks, I joined in September last year but decided to upgrade to Seller+Lifetime in January. I had four sales back-to-back in ten days mid-end February and am really pleased. Still waiting for feed-back from all, although when I emailed to thank them for the purchases, I specifically requested feedback. Ah, well! Can't win 'em all!

Only one blip on the horizon at the moment. I had another Buy Now sale March 1st and it is still not closed. After receivng the email from ebid telling me I had a Buy Now sale, I got an email from buyer saying this was a first purchase and they didn't know how to go about things. I sent an invoice, then replied to email stating my payment preferences. I didn't get any response, so emailed again stating that if buyer wasn't interested in purchasing item anymore to let me know and I'd repost it. Buyer replied that they were defo still interested but had never heard of my preferred payment method of PAYPAL (reason for delay was researching Paypal) and that it would be easier for her/him to use Electronic Fund Transfer. I replied, re-stating my preferred methods of payment, and that while I had no problem holding onto item until I received payment, there was no way I was accepting EFT because I knew nothing about it and did not have the time to do in-depth research on it. The last email - from me - was sent about 4.00pm GMT yesterday (03/03) and I've STILL had no reply. My scammer alarm is doing overtime - I do hope I'm wrong in this instance - because this buyer has been a member of ebid since Oct 2009 and who HASN'T heard of Paypal? Buyer also asked me about Paypal and I gave a pretty good summary of what Paypal is all about. But if the buyer was doing research, how come they didn't KNOW how simple it was to join Paypal?

I'm really at my wits end heere and would really appreciate any and all advice from established members. Do I just repost or what?

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    Hi foks, I joined in September last year but decided to upgrade to Seller+Lifetime in January. I had four sales back-to-back in ten days mid-end February and am really pleased. Still waiting for feed-back from all, although when I emailed to thank them for the purchases, I specifically requested feedback. Ah, well! Can't win 'em all!

Only one blip on the horizon at the moment. I had another Buy Now sale March 1st and it is still not closed. After receivng the email from ebid telling me I had a Buy Now sale, I got an email from buyer saying this was a first purchase and they didn't know how to go about things. I sent an invoice, then replied to email stating my payment preferences. I didn't get any response, so emailed again stating that if buyer wasn't interested in purchasing item anymore to let me know and I'd repost it. Buyer replied that they were defo still interested but had never heard of my preferred payment method of PAYPAL (reason for delay was researching Paypal) and that it would be easier for her/him to use Electronic Fund Transfer. I replied, re-stating my preferred methods of payment, and that while I had no problem holding onto item until I received payment, there was no way I was accepting EFT because I knew nothing about it and did not have the time to do in-depth research on it. The last email - from me - was sent about 4.00pm GMT yesterday (03/03) and I've STILL had no reply. My scammer alarm is doing overtime - I do hope I'm wrong in this instance - because this buyer has been a member of ebid since Oct 2009 and who HASN'T heard of Paypal? Buyer also asked me about Paypal and I gave a pretty good summary of what Paypal is all about. But if the buyer was doing research, how come they didn't KNOW how simple it was to join Paypal?

I'm really at my wits end heere and would really appreciate any and all advice from established members. Do I just repost or what?
    EFT is safe just means that your buyer will transfer the funds from their bank account to your bank account. Just think as sending a cheque to someone, after all the cheque show's your account number and sort code.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    EFT is safe just means that your buyer will transfer the funds from their bank account to your bank account. Just think as sending a cheque to someone, after all the cheque show's your account number and sort code.
    Yeah - all well and good. But what about all the delays? That's what's got me wondering. It's 3 days now since buyer opted for Buy Now which closed auction. As stated, I really hope I'm wrong with this one.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had buyers using the BIN option and then paying via PP or GC 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 days later.

I give all my customers a max of 14 days to pay with 3 intermittent payment reminders. If no payment has been made, I then go into action to finalize the transaction whichever way.

x

All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Eft

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    First of all - would a buyer from South Africa be able to transfer money into my Bank Account? And next, can I use an online account I have for Electronic Funds Transfers (whether UK or overseas)? The account is live but seldom used - my hubby's salary used to be transferred into it.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should also check with your bank if they charge you any transfer/currency fees.

x

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post

I agree with you. In my listings for international I specify PayPal only, and ask them to contact me if a problem. No one ever has. I even sold to South Africa a few months ago and she paid by PP. I just don't feel comfortable making an exception for a customer that has just come on. A regular one fine, but not someone you don't know. Its safe and everything, but you specified that PP is what you took.

I would give them a chance to reply, but don't think that holding it a long time would do any good. For my regular customers I wait a while for payment, just as Jewel says she does, but they may have just changed their mind and no sale.

Can't believe in this day and age that someone does not know what PP is!

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I often have customers from parts of Europe pay me by Electronic Transfer simply because, for some reason, in some countries its a more accepted way of paying rather than using or owning a Credit Card. They arrange to pay me in Pounds Sterling so I do not have any bank charges.

If your customer does not own a credit or debit card it will harder for them to join and pay by PayPal. Also whilst, as sellers/buyers we all know about Paypal not everyone are so clued up on them or even how an auction site works.

I always give all my buyers 14 days to pay me before declaring them as a NPB
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thread Information