Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woo! I'm set up and running!

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

actually tony it can cost them a lot to send in pounds sterling and if sending from the euro zone if they select send in euro's and shared charges there can be no bank charges except a small fee from your bank to change it to pounds.
    otherwise it can cost typically 20 pounds to send, you could ask your bank what it would cost you to receive in euro's and change to pounds, you may find that your customers are much happier paying a little extra for your costs than paying a lot more in fees their end.

if and when you get a chance it may pay you to ask about this.
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I often have customers from parts of Europe pay me by Electronic Transfer simply because, for some reason, in some countries its a more accepted way of paying rather than using or owning a Credit Card. They arrange to pay me in Pounds Sterling so I do not have any bank charges.

If your customer does not own a credit or debit card it will harder for them to join and pay by PayPal. Also whilst, as sellers/buyers we all know about Paypal not everyone are so clued up on them or even how an auction site works.

I always give all my buyers 14 days to pay me before declaring them as a NPB
    I've had a couple of emails from my potential buyer and she seems VERY keen on getting this item. She has tried to open an account with Paypal but couldn't do it with her debit card. She is now applying to the bank for a credit card. I emailed her about 10 mins ago and told her that I don't mind holding onto the item until she gets her credit card and Paypal account. Only prob is, how long do I have before I have to repost the item?

NB: Thanks to all who are taking the time to reply and give me the benefit of their experience.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_iron_dwarf View Post
    actually tony it can cost them a lot to send in pounds sterling and if sending from the euro zone if they select send in euro's and shared charges there can be no bank charges except a small fee from your bank to change it to pounds.
    otherwise it can cost typically 20 pounds to send, you could ask your bank what it would cost you to receive in euro's and change to pounds, you may find that your customers are much happier paying a little extra for your costs than paying a lot more in fees their end.

if and when you get a chance it may pay you to ask about this.
    Thanks, you most likely are correct. I have just had a look at some old bank statements. It looks like the payment was made in Euros and my bank changed it into Sterlng although as far as I can see I was not charged.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

i have set up 4 stores so far and just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the people who have helped me so far. now just have to learn how to link my stores.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astle73051 View Post
    Registered a few months ago, my first items are up and running. Great site, much more better than some out there, eBay *cough*. Keep up the fantastic work guys, I've recommended this site to many friends and will keep doing so

Thanks,
    Amanda.
    Hi Amanda,

I am fairly new and still learning. I am sure you will love it here. You'll get lots of help like I have and people are endlessly patient. So don't hesitate to come back and one of the experts will always be here to help you.

In fact because of your thread I have also learned something new today!

Happy selling and, of course, buying.

Gill

Forum Newbie
    All-About SportsCardsUSA
    View SportsCardsUSA's Listings
    Forum Posts

im new to ebid an it took 2 months for you to get up an running why so long

Quote Originally Posted by SportsCardsUSA View Post
    im new to ebid an it took 2 months for you to get up an running why so long
    What's the problem? Some of us like to take our time and get things looking just right before we plunge in.

You're registered as a buyer and you joined eBid about half an hour ago. Are you thinking about selling here?

Forum Newbie
    All-About ANTIQUEANNIE
    View ANTIQUEANNIE's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Great site, soon to be #1****

This is without a doubt the best auction site on the Internet, wow what a difference from feebay. Thanks to all for your helpful hints in getting started. Best regards
    Last edited by ANTIQUEANNIE; 6th October 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: error

hope so, anyway, i am here to stay. happy selling and good luck

Thread Information