eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Haiti.. Anyone going to join me?

I've just put another three on. I shall send the money from mine to Shelterbox having visited them and being very impressed by how their operation works.
    SHELTERBOX HAITI APPEAL AUCTIONS.

http://shelterbox.org/

ShelterBox team on the ground: ‘There is no more Haiti’

Aid workers for the international disaster relief charity ShelterBox are on the ground in Port au Prince, Haiti.
    ShelterBox Response Team (SRT) members Dave Eby (US), Wayne Robinson (US) and Mark Pearson (UK) arrived in the island's capital on Thursday, January 14 and have already been in contact with government officials, ACTED and Rotarians in the country.
    The Response Team, who are completely self-sufficient, has set up base with the help of a Haitian Rotarian.
    Speaking from Port au Prince, David Eby said: 'We're working hard to resolve security, logistics and communications. The city is totally devastated. Our host told us, "There is no more Haiti ."'
    The situation on the ground remains fraught with the damaged infrastructure in Haiti hampering the aid effort but ShelterBox is doing everything within its power to ensure aid reaches Haiti imminently.
    ShelterBox's Head of Operations John Leach said: 'We spoke with our team in Haiti this morning and already they've been working with other aid agencies and the government to assess where ShelterBoxes are most needed. 'Our priority is now getting logistics in and doing all we can to get it on the island. We're sending a ShelterBox Logistics team into Miami to work and coordinate logistics into Haiti from there.'
    ShelterBox's Logistics Manager Richard Lewis added: 'We're doing everything we can to make sure emergency aid reaches the people of Haiti.
    'The situation is changing by the minute and we're exploring every single avenue available to us in order to make sure the aid gets on the ground as quickly as possible.'
    The ShelterBox Logistics team, made up of SRT members Mark Dyer (US), John Lacquey (US) and Ian Neal (UK), will meet a consignment of ShelterBoxes being flown into Miami, USA and run the logistics into Haiti from there.
    930 ShelterBoxes have already been dispatched and are en route to Haiti while another 1,000 are being packed today at ShelterBox HQ by ShelterBox's team of volunteers. Virgin Atlantic are supporting the relief effort by flying hundreds of the ShelterBoxes on their planes.
    Sir Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic, said: 'Everyone who has seen the sheer destruction in Haiti over the last few days will have been moved to help in any way they can.
    'We will fly in as much aid as possible so that the agencies on the ground can respond to the needs of everyone in Haiti whose lives have been devastated by this tragedy.'
    With the need in Haiti growing each day, there are millions of people in need of emergency shelter. ShelterBox Founder Tom Henderson, OBE, says support at this time is crucial. 'The support we've seen in the last few days has been staggering,' he said. 'It's all hands on deck for ShelterBox right across the globe. People in Haiti need our help and we stop until they get it. If you can help, in any way at all, I'd urge you to do so.'
    </DIV>

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's one --- kind of a half-blown Dutch auction. The winning bid will set the price for anyone else who wants to get the recipes, so anyone who matches that price will get the recipes too
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    Here's one --- kind of a half-blown Dutch auction. The winning bid will set the price for anyone else who wants to get the recipes, so anyone who matches that price will get the recipes too
    Can you blackball bykimbo

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Can you blackball bykimbo
    I see somebody's been honing her tick-nicking skills over the break.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have managed a lot of sewing today - dress is finished, so my finger joint are in good condition tonight

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have managed a lot of sewing today - dress is finished, so my finger joint are in good condition tonight
    Stop trying to knick my ticks

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I won't be here for the YDC, so this will keep me in training till Feb

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the bids, I've just added an experimental voucher. Figured my mouth was already open, might as well stuff my foot into it
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I now have one auction going

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I now have one auction going
    shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell them - it is beautiful
    --Linda--