Just the once, please

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Just the once, please
    but dont forget that doesnt mean you can only buy one item!!

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Just the once, please

Ok - that seems a vote on that one - one entry regardless - thats feasable and workable.

If I set it up where the people give me the information - details of their buyer - then its a simple process of making sure that I put the correct names into the 'hat' . If I only have their name in 'storage' the once - I'll know if they're not in the spare, they're already in the hat. Perfect.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

There seems to be a lot of discussion as to how a winner is chosen so that that person gets to choose the beneficiary of the next auction.

May I suggest that instead of putting everyone's name in a hat - sellers, sellers+ buyers, sellers + buyers + bidders etc etc etc., that those sufficiently intrested send Babs the name of their favourite charity, and that there is a closing date for nominations. Then Babs need only pull 11 out of the hat and that is enough for one per month except Christmas. In December start again with a closing date of say mid January. If there is more than one nomination for a particular charity the duplicates get thrown out of the hat.

There are probably as many ways of doing this as there are eBidders so while I am all in favour of democracy, I would also like to suggest that as Babs does all the work, that she be left to make all the choices, and forget about winners. It is certainly all the same to me, All charities need funding so we all give as much as we can each month and leave someone to make distribution decisions.???

O.K. Now you can chop my head off !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post
    There seems to be a lot of discussion as to how a winner is chosen so that that person gets to choose the beneficiary of the next auction.

May I suggest that instead of putting everyone's name in a hat - sellers, sellers+ buyers, sellers + buyers + bidders etc etc etc., that those sufficiently intrested send Babs the name of their favourite charity, and that there is a closing date for nominations. Then Babs need only pull 11 out of the hat and that is enough for one per month except Christmas. In December start again with a closing date of say mid January. If there is more than one nomination for a particular charity the duplicates get thrown out of the hat.

There are probably as many ways of doing this as there are eBidders so while I am all in favour of democracy, I would also like to suggest that as Babs does all the work, that she be left to make all the choices, and forget about winners. It is certainly all the same to me, All charities need funding so we all give as much as we can each month and leave someone to make distribution decisions.???

O.K. Now you can chop my head off !!!!
    The only problems I see with the suggestion is that as new members take part, then they would not be able to put their charity in the hat til next January.

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the person who chooses the next beneficiary is picked by names out of the hat method, does this mean that the maximum value any auction is expected to reach still has to be £20? If that could fall away then there may be some very generous folk out there and a lot more could be raised?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only problem I see with any of it is why can't it just be left as it was,the one who raises the most on one item chooses the next months charity, so some of you got a bit pi??ed off with HELP FOR HEROES, isn't that just tough, you didn't have to go with the nominated charity did you, as a lot in fact didn't...........

The only reason I was choosing so often was circumstances beyond my control, two people asked me to do it for them when they won Borderdoors and jimmy g, and H4H wasnt choosen everytime, I can in fact remember choosing Yorkies walk as well and another charity as well I think I maybe wrong on that one the memory is slowing fading away belive it or not.

I doubt wether I will be in the situation to be the winner anytime this year, can't afford stupid money on the t-shirt, Mrs huddy would kill me if I done it again.

Start prices not bothered about that really.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    so some of you got a bit pi??ed off with HELP FOR HEROES, isn't that just tough,
    Nobody, but nobody has said anything of the sort. I referred to the fact that the same charity benefiting all the time might be an issue, and gave clear reasons why that might be the case, and happened to use H4H as an example. I thought it was safe to do so since it's surely well known that I like and support H4H and, therefore, it couldn't be taken the wrong way. It seems somebody can always take things the wrong way, but I really wish you hadn't. I could just as easily have used the RNLI, or made up a name. It's not about H4H and never was. Surely you realise that?

I kinda look on the YDC as being RNLI and H4H time about with BCC thrown in during October - everyone has heard of them - however last year I noticed some were for their own favourite charities and that is fine too.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I kinda look on the YDC as being RNLI and H4H time about with BCC thrown in during October - everyone has heard of them - however last year I noticed some were for their own favourite charities and that is fine too.
    If you look here you will see all / most of the charities that have had YDC raise money for http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=127396

Thread Information