My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: YDC Rules - Open Discussion

If we raise money for BCC again in 2010 and there is no denying it is a great cause - I would like to see that decided well in advance so that we (or a representative person) can do some work with the organisation in advance of and leading up to the event to ensure that our efforts are well publicised during their campaign.

It would seem to be the ideal opportunity to get people "outside" to join in the fun -as BCC has so many supporters who might welcome a way to take part without organising a coffee morning or whatever - but they need to know what we are doing in order to join in. Otherwise I would agree that it is asking a good deal of our forum members to be the only ones bidding on BCC and YDC items in the same month. Of course by November with the new site and the expected publicity there may be many many more eBidders joining in ....

My suggestion for BCC would be that they need to do much more publicity about what people are getting up to as the PINK Fridays progress as that didn't seem to be happening in 2009 - in spite of the efforts of our team. They would stand to raise a great deal more money for the cause that way!

PS - When would we envisage the Xmas quilt auction taking place? As last year that was planned for November and would then clash with BCC auctions........

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    If we raise money for BCC again in 2010 and there is no denying it is a great cause - I would like to see that decided well in advance so that we (or a representative person) can do some work with the organisation in advance of and leading up to the event to ensure that our efforts are well publicised during their campaign.
    thats a very good idea.
    I know Da Boyz have supported us well on the YDC in previous months, it would be nice if there could be a flash on the home page during the Ydc letting peeps who dont use the forums know that it is going on

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

That is a good idea too and Mark and Gazza did give their approval to the PINK Fridays campaign in 2009 - but I meant working with BCC so that BCC publicise what eBid is doing to raise money. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

PS - When would we envisage the Xmas quilt auction taking place? As last year that was planned for November........

I'll answer this one first - as its a shorter reply.

The christmas quilt auction is the 'baby' of Shezz & StytchySyl. Syl had personal issues tail end of last year - This thread http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=130194 gives more info on that. So I'm not really sure when this will take place, but I'm sure that Shezz and '/ or Syll will sort that out as soon as they can. It could be that they're planning an Easter auction - although I'm only guessing.

I hope that helps a little.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

you were nice and clear and put forward an excellent idea for the promotional campaign for the BCC , I think I complicated things with the other idea for promoting the YDC within Ebid

Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

It would seem to be the ideal opportunity to get people "outside" to join in the fun -as BCC has so many supporters who might welcome a way to take part without organising a coffee morning or whatever - but they need to know what we are doing in order to join in. Otherwise I would agree that it is asking a good deal of our forum members to be the only ones bidding on BCC and YDC items in the same month. Of course by November with the new site and the expected publicity there may be many many more eBidders joining in ....

My suggestion for BCC would be that they need to do much more publicity about what people are getting up to as the PINK Fridays progress as that didn't seem to be happening in 2009 - in spite of the efforts of our team. They would stand to raise a great deal more money for the cause that way!

Last years BCC Pink fundraising event / auctions was organised initially by Smiffy49er - she put the whole thing together, and organised the weekly Pink auctions and from what I can recall did as much publicity to it as she was able - along with a few other members chipping in with listing templates and other promotional bits and bobs as they thought of - We had the Spot the Difference competition, Avatar competition where Mark did the judging - I think there were other things going on too, but can't recall what they were at the moment.

I agree though, it would be handy if our hosts would be able to set aside a small corner of the front page for the YDC and perhaps any other fundraising drives that we do in the forums. That is something that I will ask them about - which is all I can do at this stage - go to them with 'cap in hand' and hope they see it as a possibility for the future.

As you say, it will draw the attention of members who do not use the forums, and perhaps even draw the attention of people browsing the site who are not yet members, but would consider joining to support our fundraising efforts and in turn, bring in new participants into the YDC - something which is always welcome.
    Babz

Yes, I know and quite understand why the quilt auction didn't happen in 2009 - I'm obviously not expressing myself well this pm My query related to the comments that maybe there should only be BCC auctions in November and no YDC and that therefore there might be a problem if the quilt auction was planned for Nov 2010! OP edited to clarify.

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay;1131699
    I agree though, it would be handy if our hosts would be able to set aside a small corner of the front page for the YDC and perhaps any other fundraising drives that we do in the forums. That is something that I will ask them about - which is all I can do at this stage - [COLOR="Red"
    go to them with 'cap in hand' [/COLOR] and hope they see it as a possibility for the future.

As you say, it will draw the attention of members who do not use the forums, and perhaps even draw the attention of people browsing the site who are not yet members, but would consider joining to support our fundraising efforts and in turn, bring in new participants into the YDC - something which is always welcome.
    ooooh we will have to donate some choklit,taiblet and plonk for you to take too

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    you were nice and clear and put forward an excellent idea for the promotional campaign for the BCC , I think I complicated things with the other idea for promoting the YDC within Ebid

Not at all - its a great idea - and one for me to work on. I will drop our valuable hosts G&M an email with 'cap in hand' to see if it is something that they perhaps could consider for the future - it will bring the YDC to the attention of people that don't use the forums, and at the same time, may encourage people just noseing around the site to join the site purely for the purpose of supporting a charity. Perhaps a little corner of the front page mentioning the YDC will let people casually browsing the site that charitiy activites do happen here and it may on the offchance nudge them into joining for that reason alone. It is pure guesswork though as we never can know the reasons why people join a site - nor their reasons for staying, or doing what they do whilst they are members of that site. But perhaps someone may be charity orientated or spot their favourite charity when they see the front page and that would be enough for them to join and take part.
    Babz

Thread Information