My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: YDC Rules - Open Discussion

I use my 'sales' for my choice of local charity - I am happy that the YDC is national and am happy with RNLI and H4H time about if these are chosen again and again.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The problem with that is it clashes with the basic idea that each month's winner chooses next month's cause. It was luck, and generous donating by Marie, that got the RNLI SOS and YDC to match this month. If Marie's item hadn't won her the choice, we could all be raising money for something quite different.

Yes I understand that. What I was thinking of was that in the event of a large charity be nominated by the winner - and that charity has at that time a major fundraising drive - use the YDC as an extra promotion tool for that charity at the same time promoting the YDC through that charity. I hope that makes sense.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Giving November over to BCC is a good idea as they only feature during this month
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Giving November over to BCC is a good idea as they only feature during this month
    As it's the last one of the year, perhaps special rules could apply? And the October winner could choose for January or something? Just chucking out ideas here, no idea if they're any good!!

Yes, found November finding stuff to list for BCC and YDC hard going so near to Christmas!!!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    As it's the last one of the year, perhaps special rules could apply? And the October winner could choose for January or something? Just chucking out ideas here, no idea if they're any good!!

You chuck out ideas to your hearts content - the more the merrier Only thing I ask - keep 'em clean

The proposed changes that I've selected so far (as per this mornings post 1 edit) are suggestions that I've picked up from the thread and so far as there have been no objections to them they can easily be applied.

Yes, as BCC have a national funfdraising drive running parallel to the USA MSABC funraising drive (remembering from last year) in October - we could easily set aside the November YDC - being the last one of the year - specifically for BCC for UK & MSABC for the USA. I think this would be a nice idea - although perhaps October may be a better month as October is their month. We have a lot of forum members that are affected by this condition (using that word in its broadest form) - so it is something to seriously consider - whether we set aside October or November for this purpose is open for debate / discussion
    Babz

Very diplomatically put - of course BCC is October!!! - sorry folks for confusion ...

- bit skint 'run up' to Christmas still applies though
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very diplomatically put - of course BCC is October!!! - sorry folks for confusion ...

Oh... the *other* November.

ah thank you , yes that's the one....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Don't worry about the confusion - we're all easily confused - especially with so much going on.

I think a lot of us are skint on the run up to christmas - its one of the drawbacks from spending too much on presents
    Babz

Thread Information