Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: YDC Rules - Open Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    as so many different charities are being supported in each months YDC it can be difficult to figure the Nominated charity without reading back through all the posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    It's always in the announcement.
    I don't tend to read the announcement thread itself, just the title which reminds me it's that time again.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. It's always in the announcement, which is the very first post of the thread, and stays there. You can always get to the first post of a thread easily by clicking on the title of the thread, so there's no excuse for not reading the first one.
    as I said Im a lazy bug!!!!!
    hey Meebo , youre not alone, going to add to my list of things to do in 2010- must learn to use two fingers( or more) when typing

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

So far I can work out a couple of things - borderdoors is a 'lazy bug' and can't type (her words, not mine)

meebo types slowly

A few don't like the 99p start and would be happier with that being changed to £1

A few don't read post 1 of the announcement thread

Have I missed out anything?
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    So far I can work out a couple of things - borderdoors is a 'lazy bug' and can't type (her words, not mine)

meebo types slowly

A few don't like the 99p start and would be happier with that being changed to £1

A few don't read post 1 of the announcement thread

Have I missed out anything?
    No comment
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

I don't mind if it is 99p or £1 as I have to list in euros anyway -and taking into account the prevailing exchange rate! I think recently I was listing at 1,12euros as equivalent to 99p but I always cross my fingers and hope no-one will get upset if it is slightly skewed!!

I like the idea of round numbers - 1 pound instead of 99p, however it will translate into a different number for us, so I shouldn't care.

I also like the idea of taking the T-shirt out of the competition. We need to do something to get that back to a more reasonable figure, so we can get more members signatures on it. Likewise any other items that can be predicted to exceed a designated amount.

Thanks for the schedule - Babs, I've printed it out, now if I can just get Carol to look at it at the proper time. She's very contrary you know, and I have a hard time with her. She insists on driving to the bowling alley and then messes up my scores (heavy sigh).
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    I don't mind if it is 99p or £1 as I have to list in euros anyway -and taking into account the prevailing exchange rate! I think recently I was listing at 1,12euros as equivalent to 99p but I always cross my fingers and hope no-one will get upset if it is slightly skewed!!

No need to worry on that score as I would think that most of us are aware that exchange rates can vary from one day to another so figures that could be exact today, will be out by a couple of euros tomorrow - and besides, to be honest, it would be a sad day if anyone was to 'check up' on your figures. Same goes for our friends accross the pond in the USA - with the £ to $ or $ to £ exchange rates.

The YDC is all about trust and having fun combinng to raise money for the charities.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    I like the idea of round numbers - 1 pound instead of 99p, however it will translate into a different number for us, so I shouldn't care.

I also like the idea of taking the T-shirt out of the competition. We need to do something to get that back to a more reasonable figure, so we can get more members signatures on it. Likewise any other items that can be predicted to exceed a designated amount.

Thanks for the schedule - Babs, I've printed it out, now if I can just get Carol to look at it at the proper time. She's very contrary you know, and I have a hard time with her. She insists on driving to the bowling alley and then messes up my scores (heavy sigh).

Thanks for the input - as you say the start price in GBP for you is pointless in that you've got to translate it from £ into $. Mind you, we could set a $ figure if that works for you working in $.

I'm glad you found the schedule handy. Whats for betting I'll loose track and be caught out myself though for at least 3 of them as we go through the year.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    No comment

Glad you see you Huddy. Hope all is ok with you and you had a good christmas & new years.
    Babz

Some sellers (them what donate) are happy for payment to be made direct to someone's giving page. In most cases the P&P seems to go to the charity as well. But I am never sure who wants paid what and where (may be just me).
    I am easily confused but didn't understand about clicking on Giving Pages to begin with either, although I think it is a good idea, so easy

It is easy for a light item to have free P&P but if someone is donating a bigger or heavier item it is not really fair for them to feel they have to donate the postage as well.

Um, that's it...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information