Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: YDC Rules - Open Discussion

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I kinda look on the YDC as being RNLI and H4H time about with BCC thrown in during October - everyone has heard of them - however last year I noticed some were for their own favourite charities and that is fine too.
    Actually, H4H and RNLI are both very recent additions, and haven't cropped up that often. Another reason plucking one of them as a harmless example seemed... harmless.

... I have only been here a few months - recognised the charities so joined in - eventually asked about YDA and YDC - better fun than just buying a raffle ticket
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    I thought we'd only "done" RNLI once??
    We have. Though it's also lined-up for this month.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    If you look here you will see all / most of the charities that have had YDC raise money for http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=127396
    This is not a complaint or criticism, but those lists only show the nominated charities / good causes that the YDC has raised money for.

For instance...in each years list I have regularly entered the YDC and raised money for 'Friends to Seniors' and 'Stitches of Love and Kindness'. Two 'charitable causes' which are too small to register for charitable status...yet neither has been shown...not that it bothers me, but I am sure there are other sellers who have put auctions up for their own chosen charities/causes that aren't mentioned in the lists.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    This is not a complaint or criticism, but those lists only show the nominated charities / good causes that the YDC has raised money for.

For instance...in each years list I have regularly entered the YDC and raised money for 'Friends to Seniors' and 'Stitches of Love and Kindness'. Two 'charitable causes' which are too small to register for charitable status...yet neither has been shown...not that it bothers me, but I am sure there are other sellers who have put auctions up for their own chosen charities/causes that aren't mentioned in the lists.
    I think my posting has been taken out of context.

All I was trying to show was that numerous good causes had been the main YDC charity / good cause. I am also aware that there have been many many more that have had money raised for them via the YDC auctions, but I don't have a list of those and would expect that such a list don't exist.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    We have. Though it's also lined-up for this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I think my posting has been taken out of context.

All I was trying to show was that numerous good causes had been the main YDC charity / good cause. I am also aware that there have been many many more that have had money raised for them via the YDC auctions, but I don't have a list of those and would expect that such a list don't exist.

looks like mine has been taken out of context too....

I was just trying to point out to any newer members that the lists were just the nominated charities and there have been numerous others...so the list isn't 'all / most' of the charities that have had YDC raise money for...and there are/have been many more over the years.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    The only problem I see with any of it is why can't it just be left as it was,the one who raises the most on one item chooses the next months charity,.

I must say I have to agree...
    the current system is open and transparent...we can see who is the winner at source...

I used to have a monthly prize draw on one of my charity groups. Everyone who contributed to the charity either by sewing or otherwise was entered and I had to pick someone out of the hat each month. I know I did it fairly and honestly...one month I even asked the postie to pick the winner from the hat...but that doesn't stop some people from thinking it may be open to favouritism or whatever, especially if the same person is picked out twice running...

In no way do I think it wouldn't be done fairly here...but this is a open competition and doing it that way lays the 'picker' wide open to all sorts of comments etc from participants.

I can tell you from experience that the 'pick out of a hat' system can be stressful to say the least...

I know you will all come back and say how fair it would be and how trustworthy everyone is...and at the moment I would agree wholeheartedly. But putting a system into place which will be there in the future when there are more participants and possibly different people involved can come back and bite you....

but then, at the end of the day, its not up to me.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps if we use the hat draw, the winner of one month would not be "in the running" the next month?
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    Perhaps if we use the hat draw, the winner of one month would not be "in the running" the next month?
    sounds fair
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information