Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New Ebid comments

View dbdog73's Feedback (+369)
    All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really loved the layout & design of the old e-bid. I thought it was fantastic & definitely the best looking auction site I'd seen when looking for an alternative to fee-bay. I have to say the professional look is one of the reasons I settled on e-bid.

So I was hugely dissapointed with the new look when I came on today. I thought something was seriously wrong when I saw the vomit enducing green banner flanked by the new purple coloured e-bid logo. The large 'Buy on e-bid, 'Sell on e-bid' text in the same vomit enducing colour scheme also looks very blocky & un-professional a a result. In fact all the very large text on the site looks terrible.

Still, early days yet. I'm not sure why all the effort went into making the changes. I'm sre there's a logical reason for it but it escapes my initially as first impressions are pretty bad. Sorry guys, I just think it looks awful now.

The colors don't bother me nor does the large print. The 2 things I would like to have restored are: 1 - bids showing, and 2 - links to our stores on the side of the page.

Default Problem with listing a new auction...Help.

Hello,
    I go in and set up a whole auction and hit preview,,,I can not see my item description.
    Then I hit edit auction and I lose it....Can not find it in closed or in Auctions I am running. So I have to go back and re-do. At first thought I might have hit a wrong key or something as I am new here..Tried 2 more times, and still nothing.

I put in extra pictures, Did not look to see if charged for the extras or not...
    But no Auction anywhere..

Help...

Quote Originally Posted by collecttreasures View Post
    Hello,
    I go in and set up a whole auction and hit preview,,,I can not see my item description.
    Then I hit edit auction and I lose it....Can not find it in closed or in Auctions I am running. So I have to go back and re-do. At first thought I might have hit a wrong key or something as I am new here..Tried 2 more times, and still nothing.

I put in extra pictures, Did not look to see if charged for the extras or not...
    But no Auction anywhere..

Help...
    Hello. Click on the link below that has Kimbo's instruction sheet. It's a wealth of info.

Please remove other peoples auctions out of MY EBID.....
    Thank you.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fail to see any reason to have the 'Buddy Points Leaderboard' on the front page

The featured stores was a far better use of space
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Those having problems with the site not working right, I'd say make sure you have the latest version of the browser you're using and then try it in a different browser. If you're using Firefox now, try it out in Internet Explorer and vice versa. This will help narrow down where the problem is coming from so Gazza can fix it.

I love the new site design except I think in some areas the font is too big. My resolution is 1920 x 1080 so I can't imagine how it would look on lower resolutions.

Color scheme is perfect, green is the color of money and prosperity, and the royal purple is associated with both nobility and quality. Perfect combination.

And about the black area with grey links at the bottom, they show up perfectly for me, I don't know why others are having problems seeing them.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaceDragon View Post
    ... My resolution is 1920 x 1080 ...
    And about the black area with grey links at the bottom, they show up perfectly for me, I don't know why others are having problems seeing them.
    *cough*

Oh yeah, that makes sense now, bykimbo. I think I need some caffeine, I didn't even make that connection, lol. Made me chuckle though.

So it appears the grey links at the bottom do need something done to them.

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

My comments really just echo others but I will add my voice anyway:

I really dislike having other people's auctions cluttering up my ebid. I am in there to deal with MY ebid!

I see no point in the Buddy point thing taking up valuable space on the front page.

I think the colours are OK. I was recently involved in a new website launch where I was asked my opinion on colours so I researched this colour thing a bit. It is said that men like purple, women like orange and nobody likes green. But I quite like that combination and you need something very different from 'the other place', which it is.

The print at the bottom is much too small. There is space to make it bigger and you need more contrast.

I may be on my own here but I like LISTS and when I opened the front page first I looked wildly about for a list of categories Antiques, Art etc. and just saw the few in pictures featured at the top. I failed to see the greyed out button where you can scroll through the categories. This is a tedious way of getting to say 'R' when the front page is showing 'things beginning with B'. I don't think this is an easy front page for the new user (although it looks nice). Perhaps the place where you have the B. point leadboard could have a good old-fashioned list?

Thread Information