eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ebid comments

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Has anyone tried to put a new auction on with a default template? I have tried in 3 different stores and the system is not picking up my template. Just a blank description field and all of my preset info such as shipping costs etc are not completed. Is this a glitch or is there another (new) step in listing to pick up the default that I am missing?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Make sure you have "
    Use when listing new auctions?" ticked for the one you want as default that appears immediately. Seems you don't currently.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you go into the sell form the populate button top right needs to be pressed to bring up the options, then you select the particular default/template you want to use. Are you doing that?

Well, wow. The home page looks sooo much cleaner and less cluttered, with greater focus on buyers. I still wish they had deep-sixed the purple, but if it doesn't put off buyers, I can live with it. Agree with others on the gray chunk at the bottom, which detracts from the overall view. Ditto the ads. While I realize they are what save me having to pay big fat fees, the green "sign up here" suggests it is the link to sign up on eBid. Not good.
    But my listings that I've checked appear to be perfect and much more accessible. No overlap. Postage in order.
    From just a quick look-see, the changes make this site look like the contender we all want it to be.

Forum Newbie
    View stoneseekers's Feedback (+417)
    All-About stoneseekers
    View stoneseekers's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I like it!! (I hope this is coupled with some HEAVY advertising by eBid??!!)

I like it and THANK YOU for making the auction description box BIGGER than that small (God only knows why it was that way in the first place) cramped auction description box you had! Since I haven't listed any items yet in the new format, I'm wondering WHERE my stored TEMPLATES WENT?? Hey, I paid for one of those!!

In addition, I HOPEEEEE That eBid plans on ADVERTISING FOR US!! PLEASE!! Magazines, TV, online ADS, preference in Google searches (yahoo, bling, etc).

Thanks!!
    Joy

Yeah I like the new layout a lot - I have one problem - I am trying to list in Collectables>Money Boxes & Piggy Banks.. but that is as far as I can go.. I can only get as far as the category I want to list in?

I have successfully added a new auction with the new layout though, but in a different category. Have tried both IE & Mozilla but no luck so far..

EDIT: Okay I seem to have sussed it out after browsing other categories then heading back to the one I want to list in.. still seems like a glitch though
    Last edited by edsthreads; 8th January 2010 at 04:02 PM.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are entering the cat code directly we have a glitch there. That we are fixing.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Not noticing the bids like you could before when using gallery.

Also, might I make a suggestion on the after auction page. I just won an auction and when I clicked on page, the seller's contact info is still almost at the bottom of the page. Many new buyers don't seem to find it there.

IMHO, it would be better if the seller's contact info was moved up and put either under the After Auction Log section or if not there, after the Closed Auction Details.

Otherwise, I like the way the pages load faster and I have no complaints regarding the color scheme.

Now off to try to list an item.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    Has anyone tried to put a new auction on with a default template? I have tried in 3 different stores and the system is not picking up my template. Just a blank description field and all of my preset info such as shipping costs etc are not completed. Is this a glitch or is there another (new) step in listing to pick up the default that I am missing?

Ok, I tried again here is what I did
    Clicked on sell
    Clicked on jewellery and watches
    Clicked on Mens Jewellery: Rings
    Clicked on eBid store to stock
    Clicked on House of Jewellery
    Clicked on Do not show in my eBid Store
    Clicked on Mens rings gold w gems

NADA!!
    There is at the bottom of the page the following -
    Waiting for pagead2.googlesyndicationm.com...

It has been more than 5 minutes and no template has come up.
    Is there some sort of problem with communication between google and ebid that is causing a problem.

Thread Information